Reply to this topicStart new topic
> James Toney to fight in the UFC
lloyd mayflower
post Jan 9 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Yep, but as much as i prefer boxing, this is a whole other ball game and i think the top guys in UFC will be able to adjust their gameplan enough to nullify the one threat Toney has and utilize the several that they have
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jan 18 2010, 05:01 AM
Post #12

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6735...6b2caa682a513c0

So toney is pricing himslef out of the UFC

Now i am sure James wants to fight, but he obviously isnt going to make the same sort of money as he could in boxing, or anywhere near it for that matter.

I think Dana should bump the offer up, and make it conditional on a win, and then stick him in with a real heavyweight instead of the soft touches toney wants to fight (kimbo etc)

I think Randy and Chuck would still fuck toney up, but if he wants big big money, put him in there with junior dos santos, or cain velasquez... and see if he can earn it.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Jan 18 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jan 18 2010, 05:01 AM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6735...6b2caa682a513c0

So toney is pricing himslef out of the UFC

Now i am sure James wants to fight, but he obviously isnt going to make the same sort of money as he could in boxing, or anywhere near it for that matter.

I think Dana should bump the offer up, and make it conditional on a win, and then stick him in with a real heavyweight instead of the soft touches toney wants to fight (kimbo etc)

I think Randy and Chuck would still fuck toney up, but if he wants big big money, put him in there with junior dos santos, or cain velasquez... and see if he can earn it.

Anything less then 150k is a joke for someone like Toney. Just think of all the people that would tune in to watch him lose.

This post has been edited by The Conscience: Jan 19 2010, 07:53 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 09:49 AM