> taylor out of super six
JLUVBABY
post Jan 12 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #21

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (d843 @ Jan 12 2010, 09:50 PM) *
I agree somewhat,I just don't think he was pushed earlier in his career like he was in his past 4 fights, physically that is.Was he rushed ?I really don't think so.He hadn't faced really serious GO GETTERS, ya feel me?

taylor fought and beat hopkins before his last 4 fights... so thats not so valid...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
d843
post Jan 13 2010, 02:35 AM
Post #22

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,697

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jan 12 2010, 11:00 PM) *
taylor fought and beat hopkins before his last 4 fights... so thats not so valid...
My mistake,the bottom line is ,& this is jus my personal opinion.the noticeable decline started after the 1st bhop fight.yea he whiped lacey but who the hell is lacy?another over hyped bum.U either have IT or u don't. I don't think jt really never had IT.& when m.stewart finally realized that ,he said, peace im out

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 13 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 13 2010, 04:23 AM) *
Taylor had the tools, he was quick and a had good body for the game where he still looked strong, but he wasn't perfect at anything. He had problems with technique, he threw his straight right terribly and often he would pull back his punches back down to his waist rather than up high.
But the biggest problem I felt he had all made sense when a while back, he made a comment about him not watching boxing. It made sense once I heard that, because he has an idea on how to fight but he doesn't seem to have a clue in the ring in how boxing actually 'works'. I suppose it's like someone knowing how to drive, but a mechanic knows why and how it drives.
I'm pretty much sugar coating it into saying that Taylor has a dumb ring IQ.

Hey Fitz you know you don't have to sugar coat anything on these boards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

I get what you are saying about JT and not watching boxing though.

Hey the dude's entitled to his opinion but I picked up on that when he said it too. It's a bit like a doctor saying they're not interested in medicine or an architect saying they're not interested in buildings. How are you supposed to learn if you don't take notice of what's around you?

It smells to me like JT approaches this as just a job and I think it's too hard a sport to compete in long term if that's how you feel. You only have to look at the elite guys, the veterans like Hopkins, Toney and PBF and you can see that they have done their homework and absorbed the sport. You can see the history they bring with them into the ring.

Taylor has done amazingly well to achieve what he has achieved so far but I wonder whether boxing is really in his blood?

Damn where is Jonny Blaze when you need him? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 13 2010, 03:52 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (d843 @ Jan 12 2010, 11:59 PM) *
I gotta home boy that's a huge jt fan.and I tried telling him before the hopkins fight that he had stamina problems & it was eventually gonna show when his back was against the wall

It took me a full minute to understand this sentence. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jan 13 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #25

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Bute should be the guy to enter the tourney..Fuck Dawson,super middle isn't even his division..Bute is a champ and he'd be throwing in the final peice of the super middleweight crown in there if he joined..He is the main guy they should be trying to get in there..

Bika or Green would also be good replacements..

It was obvious Taylor was done with the tourney..Why he'd want to keep getting KO'd and saying he was staying in,was a big waste of time..

Ollie,I'm here to shed some light..haha..

Fitz,very good post about Taylor..If the guy doesn't watch fights,what is he to base things off of??His boxing knowledge is real poor..Why be in a sport when you don't master it in every way??He needs to study fight films and everything to do that..Hell,Benny Leonard would go to amateur fights to see if he could pick up a move whether the fighter did the specific move on purpose or by accident but he'd be there to see it and to add it into his game..AMATEUR FIGHTS!!!That is what a champion is about..Taylor won't even watch pro fights..What the fuck is he doing to get himself better??He basically is saying he is not even a fan of a sport he is involved in..How stupid..Marvin Hagler says it best,love it (boxing) like a kid and play it/do it like a man..If you love it like a kid,you'd be watching fight films and learning everything about boxing now and boxing's history..Tyson was a die hard boxing fan himself..His boxing knowledge is real impressive..He would study fight films every day or atleast a few times a week..Taylor obviously doesn't love boxing..

+Quote Post
d843
post Jan 13 2010, 04:53 AM
Post #26

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,697

QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 13 2010, 03:52 AM) *
It took me a full minute to understand this sentence. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
GO BACK TO SCHOOL ILLITERATE F--k

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Jan 13 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

I liked Taylor, but he did seem confused and lost in the ring.

Things seemed forced with him at times when he was fighting - he didn't look comfortable, didn't look like it was 'second nature' as it did to his peers.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jan 13 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #28

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (d843 @ Jan 13 2010, 07:35 AM) *
My mistake,the bottom line is ,& this is jus my personal opinion.the noticeable decline started after the 1st bhop fight.yea he whiped lacey but who the hell is lacy?another over hyped bum.U either have IT or u don't. I don't think jt really never had IT.& when m.stewart finally realized that ,he said, peace im out

Shoot. I wouldn't even say he "whipped" Lacy. Like you said, JT has been on the decline after his first WIN over BHop.

But the biggest problem I felt he had all made sense when a while back, he made a comment about him not watching boxing. It made sense once I heard that, because he has an idea on how to fight but he doesn't seem to have a clue in the ring in how boxing actually 'works'. I suppose it's like someone knowing how to drive, but a mechanic knows why and how it drives.

I never understood it when a boxer would say they never watched boxing. I could understand a boxing fan not boxing, but not the other way around.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 13 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (d843 @ Jan 13 2010, 04:53 AM) *
GO BACK TO SCHOOL ILLITERATE F--k

You're right the spelling was perfect, I think it was the creative use of the full stop and spacing that caught me out.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jan 13 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #30

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 13 2010, 07:55 PM) *
You're right the spelling was perfect, I think it was the creative use of the full stop and spacing that caught me out.

What,no response to my post??I would of thought ya already got to it..Ya wanted the post to happen..hahaha..

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 11:33 AM