> I need suggestions.
Douchebag
post Feb 15 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Feb 15 2010, 02:10 PM) *
Yo, Conscience, you still fighting in that tournament?

Yup, but I decided that I am no longer going to try to cut the weight, I am now going to compete at 205 weight class and make my life easier. I'm still trainning like a mad man because I really want to win this thing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post Feb 15 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #12

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

Wish i saw this thread earlier, the P90X is one kick ass program, but for someone like you trying to cut weight i'd of recommended not doing it, the only people that lose much weight from it are a wee bit large in the belly and out of shape before they start. I wouldn't fret though, that Muscle Confusion crap works, if you've stuck to it you should be force to be reckoned with even at 205.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Feb 16 2010, 08:40 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (happygocampy @ Feb 15 2010, 11:14 PM) *
Wish i saw this thread earlier, the P90X is one kick ass program, but for someone like you trying to cut weight i'd of recommended not doing it, the only people that lose much weight from it are a wee bit large in the belly and out of shape before they start. I wouldn't fret though, that Muscle Confusion crap works, if you've stuck to it you should be force to be reckoned with even at 205.

Tell me about it, I just did Plyo this morning and it is really helping my stamina and the Yoga is helping me with my flexibility for Jui-Jitsu.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Feb 16 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #14

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Feb 16 2010, 02:40 PM) *
Tell me about it, I just did Plyo this morning and it is really helping my stamina and the Yoga is helping me with my flexibility for Jui-Jitsu.

Hell yes. Yoga is an underestimated aid in kicking someone's ass.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 16 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #15

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 15 2010, 01:42 PM) *
This is great advice. I've been implementing the walk/job/run the last few runs I've done and I can feel the difference sparring. Oatmeal and fish are also essentials to a boxer's diet.

Glad to hear my advice helped you..I also feel a major difference running that way compared to just running and sprinting seperately when sparring..The walk is extremely important as well even though most people would think that walking during roadwork is bad since it may be a sign that you're tired or whatever even though its not..It helps the heart and lungs..

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Feb 16 2010, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Feb 16 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #16

Heavyweight

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Feb 16 2010, 11:00 PM) *
Glad to hear my advice helped you..I also feel a major difference running that way compared to just running and sprinting seperately when sparring..The walk is extremely important as well even though most people would think that walking during roadwork is bad since it may be a sign that you're tired or whatever even though its not..It helps the heart and lungs..

You know, I first opted to eliminate the walk, just because of the whole "do it to the extreme" attitude in boxing. But I tried it yesterday and it made a difference.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Feb 16 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

I feel like crap, I got may ass handed to me today............The sad part is that I know I am more talented then they are.............I just could not get anything going........my technique was really sloppy today. I really didn't get enough rest last night and maybe all the workouts are starting to take toll on my body, but i can't stop now.....I just have to get better. If you can perform when your not feeling well, you'll be an animal when you are feeling well.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Feb 17 2010, 01:34 AM
Post #18

Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Feb 17 2010, 02:12 AM) *
I feel like crap, I got may ass handed to me today............The sad part is that I know I am more talented then they are.............I just could not get anything going........my technique was really sloppy today. I really didn't get enough rest last night and maybe all the workouts are starting to take toll on my body, but i can't stop now.....I just have to get better. If you can perform when your not feeling well, you'll be an animal when you are feeling well.

I felt that way just yesterday because I had only gotten 3 hrs of sleep the night before. I have an amateur fight this Saturday and I've been feeling like shit in sparring, but you're right, when I'm 100%, I'm tearing them up. Just make sure you get enough rest before the fight. That's all that really matters.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 18 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #19

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Feb 16 2010, 09:12 PM) *

You should take a day off to rest or skip 1 run this week..It's better to be undertrained than overtrained..Guys train like they are fighting a 15 round fight,then they get tired in the fight..Don't leave it in the gym,leave it in the ring..

+Quote Post
Vega
post Mar 23 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #20

Amateur

Member No.: 10,812

I agree with what everyone said here. Good points. One key is to not overdo it like others have said. If you aren't getting the right sleep and you aren't letting your body repair and restore, you'll just continue to be hurting. The important thing is to build up your stamina through the walk/sprint/jog/walk technique. Soccer athletes are the best at training for stamina. You might be able to find some training tips from soccer athletes. Also stick with the light weights in your workouts as you don't want to end up gaining weight from muscle mass. The rest of your regime and diet sounds like it is solid. Just make sure you keep your body fed so it can burn up the calories from your food intake and not burn your fat reserves which saps energy and stamina.

Vega Sinclair, Health Insurance Advisor

This post has been edited by Vega: Apr 2 2010, 05:19 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:00 PM