IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

95 Pages V  « < 74 75 76 77 78 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather -VS- Mosley: May 1st, 2010 (All Comments Here), DONE DEAL! *UPDATE: PREDICTION POLL ADDED!*
Mosley vs. Mayweather Preview/Prediction
Who Wins?
Mayweather by Dec (Close) [ 9 ] ** [21.95%]
Mayweather by Dec (Wide) [ 19 ] ** [46.34%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [2.44%]
Mosley by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [7.32%]
Mosley by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [2.44%]
Mosley by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [19.51%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
Guest_Fitz_*
post Apr 11 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #751

Guests

QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 12 2010, 10:46 AM) *
If a dude walked up to Marz on the street and was like 'Hey Marz, nice day today isn't it?, Marz would respond, 'Maybe. Depends on your definition of nice. Why don't you call someone in Haiti or Chile and ask them if they consider today to be a nice day?'

Haha.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thegreatequalize...
post Apr 12 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #752

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,603

just watched 24-7 and i gotta say that mayweather is one sad dude. talking about how he's doing mosley a favor and how everyone wants to be like him. man, he is delusional if he thinks people buy that shit. and he wonders why people don't like him more. i hope that he suffers according to the will of stevenski.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Apr 12 2010, 04:42 AM
Post #753

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (BenThompsonSucks @ Apr 12 2010, 04:42 AM) *
LOL! Sooner or later, you'll be the only ones talking on these boards. No new registration. No new members. Hahaha!!!

Well we got you & you are pure quality. More members would be nice sure but we only want quality members on here. You don't fit the bill never will Marz. Now get the fuck outta here & shine those shoes son. Spit shine em real good so's I don't have to tan your hide.

QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Apr 12 2010, 06:57 AM) *
i hope that he suffers according to the will of stevenski.

One day he will.

This post has been edited by STEVENSKI: Apr 12 2010, 04:47 AM

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Apr 12 2010, 05:59 AM
Post #754

Welterweight

Member No.: 6,422

I gotta say I never really cared for Marz, simply because he relegates everyone who has an issue with Mayweather into the "hater" category, no matter whether that label fits or not. I think he comes off a bit over defensive as it pertains to Mayweather.

That said, this is a complete and utter bitch move on his part (and Torvix as well) coming back with these fake names, esp. Marz' one.

But he doesn't care what I think or any of us think. Hopefully his bitch ass will be gone and he can go over to some other boxing site and just start shit talking this site, which you know is going to happen, if it hasn't already begun.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Apr 12 2010, 07:09 AM
Post #755

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (BenThompsonSucks @ Apr 12 2010, 04:42 AM) *
LOL! Sooner or later, you'll be the only ones talking on these boards. No new registration. No new members. Hahaha!!!

Yeah, this board is so bad that you took the time to register this bitter persona and continue to talk shit. You are a maggot.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Apr 12 2010, 07:36 AM
Post #756

Guests

‘Sugar’ Shane Mosley has the most chance of beating Mayweather than anyone who has faced him since he moved out of the lightweight divisions. He is the 1st legit Welterweight Floyd has faced who happens to be a pretty strong, powerful, quick, good chinned, and a determined one.

If Mosley can find some success early in the fight with a steady game plan he can at least stick with as long as Judah he has a real chance of winning. Unlike Judah, even if Mosley happens to get out of his game plan he will still be there the later half of the fight, still trying, unlike Judah.

Sounds stupid but Mosley may be best to really turn the heat up for round one only to set an example & possible discourage Mayweather early on. Create an illusion of a false game plan early which may leave Mayweather uncomfortable & guessing for the early part of the fight.

I think Mosley may be best trying to ‘box aggressively’ behind the jab & try to match the speed on the outside apposed to coming in firing like he did against Margarito as he would get eating alive by counters.

Mosley best chance is to try get in some body work early in hopes to slow an always conditioned Mayweather. Rough him up whenever he gets the chance to & bang him to the gloves, arms, elbows, chest, throat…anything just don’t go head hunting.

As for Mayweather I really don’t think it’s out of the question for him to get the stoppage over Mosley as many have implied, as everyone should know this is boxing! Yes it’s maybe the least likely scenario as Mosley has a great chin & Mayweather aint known as a ‘puncher’. But it’s the punches you don’t see coming that do the most damage and with Mayweather’s speed, timing & accuracy of course he is capable of getting the stoppage. Mosley’s chin is going to get a real work out in this fight!

The skills of Mayweather is the best thing Mosley has come across in his great long career. Having solid/great victories against tough fighters & brawlers recently, Luis Collazo is the closest thing he has fought in the last 5 years that resembles Mayweather in any way. Now that is only because like Mayweather, Collazo is also considered a ‘boxer’.

The way Mosley has fought lately is the exact way Mayweather like his opponents to fight & come at him. Mosley did not look the greatest against Mayorga, and Margarito has now been well over a year.

Mosley is not getting any younger as he approaches 40 in a few years with some pretty tough fights & punishment over the years. Mosley has also been put on the shelf for well over a year now. These are not ideal things you want to have to fight against in the biggest fight of your career as fighting against one of the most skilled fighters who does not know how to loose yet isn’t enough on your plate.

One of the biggest factors in this fight is the difference between both fighters is the state of mind & discipline they show inside the ring.

For such a nice, classy guy Mosley has always appeared to have some anger deep down who fights with a lot of emotion & determination. This is some of the reasons I feel many of us love Mosley & has made him such a great. Although at times when things have not gone his way those qualities have turned into frustration which worked against him against composed boxers which ended up biting him in the ass.

Mayweather is such a smart, calm boxer who rarely finds himself in any sort of harm in the ring (sometimes due to his unwillingness to open up) who is always composed in the ring. This will be enough for Mayweather to overcome the onslaught of Mosley & may even give back some of his own if he is forced to or feels is safe enough.

Shane’s combination of recent contrast of opponents, age, ring rust & ability to get frustrated will fall right into Mayweather’s youth, discipline, speed, reflexes, safety 1st mentality, defense, and accuracy. This may be the night that Mosley truly gets old over night with Mayweather not helping matters one single bit.

Shane Mosley is by no means a no-hoper as he will be there all night which is why this is such an interesting, good match-up. But as everything stated above it kills me to say Mayweather takes this by a hard worked clear decision with the cards possibly not reflecting the competitiveness & efforts of ‘Sugar’ Shane Mosley.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Apr 12 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #757

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (BenThompsonSucks @ Apr 11 2010, 11:42 PM) *

Nuthuggers gone mad.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Apr 12 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #758

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 12 2010, 07:36 AM) *
‘Sugar’ Shane Mosley has the most chance of beating Mayweather than anyone who has faced him since he moved out of the lightweight divisions. He is the 1st legit Welterweight Floyd has faced who happens to be a pretty strong, powerful, quick, good chinned, and a determined one.

If Mosley can find some success early in the fight with a steady game plan he can at least stick with as long as Judah he has a real chance of winning. Unlike Judah, even if Mosley happens to get out of his game plan he will still be there the later half of the fight, still trying, unlike Judah.

Sounds stupid but Mosley may be best to really turn the heat up for round one only to set an example & possible discourage Mayweather early on. Create an illusion of a false game plan early which may leave Mayweather uncomfortable & guessing for the early part of the fight.

I think Mosley may be best trying to ‘box aggressively’ behind the jab & try to match the speed on the outside apposed to coming in firing like he did against Margarito as he would get eating alive by counters.

Mosley best chance is to try get in some body work early in hopes to slow an always conditioned Mayweather. Rough him up whenever he gets the chance to & bang him to the gloves, arms, elbows, chest, throat…anything just don’t go head hunting.

As for Mayweather I really don’t think it’s out of the question for him to get the stoppage over Mosley as many have implied, as everyone should know this is boxing! Yes it’s maybe the least likely scenario as Mosley has a great chin & Mayweather aint known as a ‘puncher’. But it’s the punches you don’t see coming that do the most damage and with Mayweather’s speed, timing & accuracy of course he is capable of getting the stoppage. Mosley’s chin is going to get a real work out in this fight!

The skills of Mayweather is the best thing Mosley has come across in his great long career. Having solid/great victories against tough fighters & brawlers recently, Luis Collazo is the closest thing he has fought in the last 5 years that resembles Mayweather in any way. Now that is only because like Mayweather, Collazo is also considered a ‘boxer’.

The way Mosley has fought lately is the exact way Mayweather like his opponents to fight & come at him. Mosley did not look the greatest against Mayorga, and Margarito has now been well over a year.

Mosley is not getting any younger as he approaches 40 in a few years with some pretty tough fights & punishment over the years. Mosley has also been put on the shelf for well over a year now. These are not ideal things you want to have to fight against in the biggest fight of your career as fighting against one of the most skilled fighters who does not know how to loose yet isn’t enough on your plate.

One of the biggest factors in this fight is the difference between both fighters is the state of mind & discipline they show inside the ring.

For such a nice, classy guy Mosley has always appeared to have some anger deep down who fights with a lot of emotion & determination. This is some of the reasons I feel many of us love Mosley & has made him such a great. Although at times when things have not gone his way those qualities have turned into frustration which worked against him against composed boxers which ended up biting him in the ass.

Mayweather is such a smart, calm boxer who rarely finds himself in any sort of harm in the ring (sometimes due to his unwillingness to open up) who is always composed in the ring. This will be enough for Mayweather to overcome the onslaught of Mosley & may even give back some of his own if he is forced to or feels is safe enough.

Shane’s combination of recent contrast of opponents, age, ring rust & ability to get frustrated will fall right into Mayweather’s youth, discipline, speed, reflexes, safety 1st mentality, defense, and accuracy. This may be the night that Mosley truly gets old over night with Mayweather not helping matters one single bit.

Shane Mosley is by no means a no-hoper as he will be there all night which is why this is such an interesting, good match-up. But as everything stated above it kills me to say Mayweather takes this by a hard worked clear decision with the cards possibly not reflecting the competitiveness & efforts of ‘Sugar’ Shane Mosley.

Nice post, Viper.

You put out all the conventional wisdom with respect to both men. I just have one question though. What if PBF has lost just a bit from his layoff?

I see a Castillo v PBF I scenario happening for SSM to pull off the upset. He has to attack the body, but in order to get there he needs to feign headhunting early in round one. When he goes to the body, he must be like a swarm of yellowjackets, stinging, kicking and tearing little chunks wherever he lands.

SSM must take the leather of PBF like Frazier did of Ali in the 1st fight. PBF will tweak up his activity and fire from awkward positions to keep SSM off. PBF's finely tuned machine will be damaged and the SSM's war Train will prevail with a stoppage somewhere after 8.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Apr 12 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #759

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

I've just watched 24/7 and boy do I want Shane to smash Floyd to bits (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Floyd, on the ropes, Margarito style, Shane launches a BIG left hook and Floyd spins and drops face first onto the ropes, KO'd.

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 12 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #760

Member No.: 1,253

If a dude walked up to Marz on the street and was like 'Hey Marz, nice day today isn't it?, Marz would respond, 'Maybe. Depends on your definition of nice. Why don't you call someone in Haiti or Chile and ask them if they consider today to be a nice day?'

Ahhhhahahaha

+Quote Post

95 Pages V  « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:24 PM