IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Khan vs Malignaggi...May 15th, Preview and Predictions
Maxy
post Feb 15 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Amir Khan has confirmed he'll box Paulie Malignaggi on May 15th. I'm disappointed as I wanted to see him in with Maidana and for me Malignaggi is the softer option.

Does anybody think Malignaggi can spring the upset? I can't see it myself but it'll be interesting to see if Amir has the power to stop the durable poof.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
MarzB
post Feb 15 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

I don't think Paulie winning will be an upset. I got Malignaggi all the way in a boxing exhibition.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Feb 15 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,301

I don't mind about Khan taking Malignaggi - Khan is still young and is not in his prime and personally, I don't mind fighters taking their time and stepping up their competition bit by bit - so long as they fight regularly and don't take the piss.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Feb 15 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 15 2010, 02:47 PM) *
I don't think Paulie winning will be an upset. I got Malignaggi all the way in a boxing exhibition.

Couldn't disagree more. I'll be shocked if Khan doesn't absolutely dominate in this bout. He's faster and he's improving all the time.

Can the feather fisted Malignaggi hurt Khan? Well Willie Limond did so why not? All the same I still see Khan thrashing him.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Feb 15 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #5

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 15 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Couldn't disagree more. I'll be shocked if Khan doesn't absolutely dominate in this bout. He's faster and he's improving all the time.

Can the feather fisted Malignaggi hurt Khan? Well Willie Limond did so why not? All the same I still see Khan thrashing him.

Malignaggi doesn't necessarily have to hurt Khan to win. Paulie is actually a pretty solid boxer with some speed; he just gets ragged on cuz he has no power, a big mouth and a bad haircut. Otherwise, he's actually a decent contender.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Feb 15 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 15 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Malignaggi doesn't necessarily have to hurt Khan to win. Paulie is actually a pretty solid boxer with some speed; he just gets ragged on cuz he has no power, a big mouth and a bad haircut. Otherwise, he's actually a decent contender.

I ain't disrespecting Malignaggi's boxing ability and granted, he's pretty quick himself. I honestly just think Khan will have too much for him.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Feb 15 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #7

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 15 2010, 09:23 PM) *
I ain't disrespecting Malignaggi's boxing ability and granted, he's pretty quick himself. I honestly just think Khan will have too much for him.

Fair assessment. I wouldn't be surprised at either one of them winning to be honest.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Feb 15 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

I see Khan beating Paulie in dominating fashion. Maybe I am underestimating Malinaggi, but I never thought much of him. But I will give him some credit for the things he has accomplished in the ring considering the extreme lack of power.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Feb 15 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 16 2010, 05:34 AM) *
the durable poof.

Hahaha

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Feb 15 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

I dont like Khan one bit, but he is getting better and better, the move up in weight, coupled with the Roach factor are whats making the difference and I see Khan smashing Polly all over the ring. Polly doesnt have the power to make Khan respect him and its not like hes that hard to hit, Hatton managed it pretty well, and Khan is a lot faster than Hatton and his accuracy has improved significantly under the Roach. Give me Khan by Stoppage in less than 8. (Unfortunately)

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:21 PM