Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC Champs, Who will beat them?
lloyd mayflower
post Feb 17 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Although I dont follow UFC as much as I used to, myself and a mate at work were discussing the other day, how the champions in each division seem to be so far ahead of everyone else. Penn, GSP and Silva are completely dominant in their respective divisions, and altho i consider Machida and Lesnar to be slightly weaker than the first 3, but they still have to be beaten, and im left scratching my head as to who will do it (Although I am aware Warlord is convinced its already been done by Shogun).

The best I can offer is that I think Anderson could beat Machida, nbt since they wont fight eachother, where is the end of the current dominance of the divisions going to come from?

Thoughts???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Megadeth
post Feb 17 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #2

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,986

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Feb 17 2010, 11:52 AM) *
Although I dont follow UFC as much as I used to, myself and a mate at work were discussing the other day, how the champions in each division seem to be so far ahead of everyone else. Penn, GSP and Silva are completely dominant in their respective divisions, and altho i consider Machida and Lesnar to be slightly weaker than the first 3, but they still have to be beaten, and im left scratching my head as to who will do it (Although I am aware Warlord is convinced its already been done by Shogun).

The best I can offer is that I think Anderson could beat Machida, nbt since they wont fight eachother, where is the end of the current dominance of the divisions going to come from?

Thoughts???

I think Brock is going to lose this time around to Frank Mir. Frank has put on alot of muscle which should help him overcome the huge disadvantage he has had in the past against Brock.

Lyoto already lost and should lose his rematch.

I have seen silva vulnerable one the ground and was looking forward to the rematch with Nate, but he lost to Chael which was a big surprise to me.

GSP and Penn i think will be dominant for a little while longer, but the other 3 i think we will see a loss this year.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Feb 17 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (Megadeth @ Feb 17 2010, 12:11 PM) *
I think Brock is going to lose this time around to Frank Mir. Frank has put on alot of muscle which should help him overcome the huge disadvantage he has had in the past against Brock.

Lyoto already lost and should lose his rematch.

I have seen silva vulnerable one the ground and was looking forward to the rematch with Nate, but he lost to Chael which was a big surprise to me.

GSP and Penn i think will be dominant for a little while longer, but the other 3 i think we will see a loss this year.

I haven't seen Silva vulnerable on the ground in a LONG time.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Feb 17 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Im surprised you say Silva will suffer a loss Megadeth. I watched Marquardts last fight, he got dominated.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Feb 18 2010, 04:02 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Feb 17 2010, 12:52 PM) *

Thoughts???

EVERYONE is convinced that Machida has already lost, lol. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Dana White himself went on record immediately after the fight talking about what a huge robbery that was. That's why he gave Shogun the winner's bonus that night ($250,000.)

I won't waste too much time breaking this shit down, but to address your questions:

Brock Lesnar: Will lose to Big Nog if Nog can get by Cain. (Which he should. Cain has pillow hands.) Lesnar must also see Mir again, and there are no guaranatees there, especially since Mir put on that extra weight and improved his stand-up. If Lesnar gets by those guys, he's still got unfinished business with Shane Carwin, whose gonna bust him up bad should they ever meet.

Lyoto Machida: He's already lost, his record just doesn't show it. Machida's weakness has been exposed. That gay-ass karate stance of his leaves him wide open for leg kicks. That will never be rectified, because Machida will never change his stance. He can't fight going forward, he can't fight going backwards once his legs have been taken out. Machida drinks his own piss every morning, and it still won't help. Maybe he should drink Shogun's piss instead.

Anderson Silva: Probably the most nut-hugged fighter on the planet today. There's no one at middleweight who should be given odds over Silva, however, that much is true. At 205 Shogun and Lil Nog would give him all kinds of trouble, the kind he don't want. That's why those fights will never happen.

GSP: Same boat as Silva. If he steps up in weight, he'll find that ass-whooping he's looking for. If not, he'll reign for awhile.

BJ Penn: No one in the UFC can beat BJ Penn at lightweight. Period.

To finish, there are plenty of fighters in the world that can give Lesnar, Machida, and Silva hell; but most of them aren't in the UFC. Fedor, Overeem, Mousassi, and Diaz all come to mind right off the bat. Too bad we won't see most (any?) of them in the UFC anytime soon.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Feb 18 2010, 04:04 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Feb 17 2010, 01:14 PM) *
I haven't seen Silva vulnerable on the ground in a LONG time.

Maybe you been spending too much time watching "Nick Sanchez" fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Feb 18 2010, 07:12 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Thakns for the breakdown Warlord, thats kinda what i was lookin for cos i dont know too much about the non UFC guys, apart from Fedor. I must say, I quite like Silva, but GSP is my favourite, his dedication to the job is admirable. I also like Penn a lot more since recently rewatching TUF 5. His cause was probably helped by the fact that Jens Pulver was a bit of a knob

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Feb 20 2010, 02:10 AM
Post #8

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Should be interesting to see if Carwin can get past Mir.

Mir has put on alot of weight, but i think that there will still be a considerable strength and power advantage for Carwin. Franks striking is technically better than both Carwins and Lesnars, so Carwin will need to take a leaf out of Lesnars book and maul Frank on the ground. Its the perfect match for Mir given the similarities carwin has with lesnar. Personally, i hope Carwin wins, because he would make a very interesting opponent for Brock. I would take Carwin over Brock by KO as i feel their wrestling cancels the others out, and so it will come down to boxing at which Carwin is superior. But something tells me Carwin comes unstuck vs Mir and we are forced to see the Lesnar vs Mir trilogy

I am tipping Velasquez to beat Nog. Whilst i agree with Warlord that Velasquez hasnt got the power to beat Nog in a stand up fight, i think as ever it will come down to where the fight takes place, on the ground or standing. What i see is Velasquez taking Nog down and mauling him with many strikes. It will be a razors edge type of fight, where Nog is constantly threatening submissions, and Velasquez escaping them by the skin of his teeth only to keep raining down the punches for a decision win.

I was pretty shocked to see Marquardt get dominated vs Chael Sonnen. Nate has a better chance vs Silva than Chael does IMO, but man he got dominated on the ground. The guy that i think has the best chance vs Silva is Vitor Belfort. Serious power with lightning fast hands, and a solid JJ skillset. But he is having surgery, so will have to wait.

No-one beats GSP or Penn at this stage. Both are far too dominant in their respective divisions

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Feb 20 2010, 02:16 AM

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Apr 10 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Well I guess I got my answer tonight. Surprised this one slipped under the radar. BJ Penn lost to Frank Edgar at UFC 112 tonight. Anderson won UD but stunk the place up and got booed from round 3 onward. Matt Hughes stopped Renzo Gracie. Thats all I seen

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Apr 11 2010, 05:04 AM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Pretty happy that Carwin destroyed Mir. Carwin is going to put a beating on Lesnar. He made Mir look easy. I guess i was so excited about the prospect of Lesnar vs carwin that i thought something had to come along and derail it. So i figured Mir would somehow get the win, just to piss me off. I let out a scream and then yelled "fuck him up" when Carwin dropped mir against the cage. My 2 year old son was asleep at the time, and i slapped myseilf for yelling, but it just slipped out... LOL.

Anderson is going to get a talking too i tell ya, by dana white who will be pissed.... I really think he needs to fight Vitor Belfort before fighting GSP. Vitor has the speed and the power to beat Silva. The dude has machine guns for hands. He's the only guy at the weight capable of beating silva

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 08:04 AM