IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayorga in MMA, What do ya all think??
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 25 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #1

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

What do ya all think??I think he could be puttin a lot of MMA'ers to sleep once he gets in there..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Feb 25 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Feb 25 2010, 06:53 PM) *
What do ya all think??I think he could be puttin a lot of MMA'ers to sleep once he gets in there..

I think he'll be as much of a dickhead in MMA as he was in boxing.

How much success will he have? Who knows. He loves to brawl and takes a pretty good shot but his defense is so bad that even MMA guys and their terrible stand-up can exploit it. I can't imagine anything good happening if it goes to the ground.

Considering his typical mental state, odds are he'll get DQ'd more than he'll win.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Feb 25 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #3

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 25 2010, 07:36 PM) *
I think he'll be as much of a dickhead in MMA as he was in boxing.

How much success will he have? Who knows. He loves to brawl and takes a pretty good shot but his defense is so bad that even MMA guys and their terrible stand-up can exploit it. I can't imagine anything good happening if it goes to the ground.

Considering his typical mental state, odds are he'll get DQ'd more than he'll win.

hahahha..Getting DQ'd a lot is a big possibility..I think that if he got taken to the ground,he'd go crazy as hell and waste a lot of energy..As far as stand up,I think if he hits anyone,they are goin down..He doesn't have the best technique but he hits hard as hell..

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Feb 25 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #4

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Feb 25 2010, 07:58 PM) *
hahahha..Getting DQ'd a lot is a big possibility..I think that if he got taken to the ground,he'd go crazy as hell and waste a lot of energy..As far as stand up,I think if he hits anyone,they are goin down..He doesn't have the best technique but he hits hard as hell..

If.

That's the word.

If he fights a disciplined fight like he did against Vargas and in the Forrest rematch, throwing compact shots and staying focused instead of clowning all the time and just winging power shots with reckless abandon, he could do some damage. If he fights a typical Mayorga fight, it won't end well.

He'll get taken down and burn up huge amounts of energy in a panicked effort to get back to his feet and it won't work. My thoughts exactly.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Feb 25 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Feb 25 2010, 06:53 PM) *

I think he'll get taken down and pounded out or submitted, the same way any other boxer would who thinks they can just transition over to MMA.

And just to stop any arguments from springing up from the hardcore boxing pundits who gets their panties in a bunch everytime the word MMA is mentioned, I think every mixed martial artist who tries to step over into boxing will get decimated within 3 rounds, period; assuming the competition is legit.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Feb 25 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

To me it all depends on the type of competion he faces. I think he has a good shot of KO'ing anyone with his power though. Regardless, I for some reason am interested in seeing a fight with him in MMA.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Feb 25 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #7

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

How bout a MMA v Boxers showdown card.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Feb 26 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 25 2010, 09:47 PM) *
How bout a MMA v Boxers showdown card.

We've seen enough already.

Kazushi Sakuraba already owned Rubin Williams on his feet before subbing him in RD1.

Yoshihiro Akiyama armbarred the "legendary" Frans Botha in RD1.

Kimbo freakin slice took Ray Mercer down and submitted him with a guillotine in RD1.

Jeremy Williams is about the only boxer whose looked even halfway decent so far, but he hasn't fought in nearly 2 years and is archaic.

Why don't boxers stick to boxing, and mixed martial artists stick to MMA. That'd be cool.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Feb 26 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #9

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 26 2010, 06:00 AM) *

Kazushi Sakuraba already owned Rubin Williams on his feet before subbing him in RD1.

Kimbo freakin slice took Ray Mercer down and submitted him with a guillotine in RD1.

Jeremy Williams is about the only boxer whose looked even halfway decent so far, but he hasn't fought in nearly 2 years and is archaic.

Why don't boxers stick to boxing, and mixed martial artists stick to MMA. That'd be cool.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Feb 26 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 26 2010, 01:00 AM) *

When I was a kid, my dad told me more than once that "boxers are soft outside the ring." Of course, I didn't believe him. What he meant was that their hands are soft, literally.

My dad was a farmer. He bucked hay, dug ditches and fought like a badger. He taught me to use everything at my disposal in a fight. Hit first, kick, bite and break anything within distance, and ask questions later. Of course, I didn't believe him.

Then I got jumped by a couple of kids my age. I knocked one on the ground and jumped on him, but the other got a chock hold on me from behind.

Since then, although I still have a habit of allowing my opponents to strike first, I follow my father's advice. It has served me well.

You're right. Boxers have no business in an MMA cage.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 10:34 AM