IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@8:30 PM (CST) SPOILERS@8:45:Alexander vs. Urango, All Comments Here: (No Duplicate or New Spoiler Threads)
Imperius3
post Mar 7 2010, 11:18 AM
Post #21

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 931

QUOTE (JD @ Mar 7 2010, 07:40 AM) *
Marquez has no legs left.

What do you base that on? Everyone is counting Marquez out after his loss to Mayweather. Maybe we should see him in the ring again before saying something like that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Mar 7 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Marquez is getting older, a loss like that will take its toll, and the very fact that Floyd dragged him up to 147 and he will have to get back down again will also take its toll. I predict maybe a decent performance against a B/B+ level fighter, then either retiral, or much as I hate to say it, another fight against a p4per which I think will not end well.

Im a big fan of JMM, but I think hes going to fall into that category of fighters who get old overnight.

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Mar 7 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #23

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

Marquez vs Hatton at 147...WHO WOULD WIN!?!?!?!

+Quote Post
blackbelt2003
post Mar 7 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 7 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Marquez vs Hatton at 147...WHO WOULD WIN!?!?!?!

Neither, after twelve rounds of 'action', both men are so fat they've failed to land a single punch on the other and we get a draw. 140 or nothing.

Black

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Mar 7 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #25

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

Impressive stuff from Alexander last night. Very impressive. To put it in context, Urango was dropped and seriously hurt by Randall Bailey, a guy whose power is well-documented for more than a decade, and came back to record a TKO win just a few months ago.

Then look at what Alexander did. Yes, it was a perfectly timed shot but it was still done against an iron-chinned champion who was bringing pressure the entire night. It answered the questions I had about Devon.

I'd take Devon head-to-head with Amir Khan, who just doesn't impress me (or Breidis Prescott) all that much, but he still doesn't want any of Tim Bradley. Those who think otherwise need to take another good look at how Tim dismantled Lamont Peterson.

Bradley-Pacquiao at 140 would be absolutely EPIC.

Alexander's stock is really rising.

+Quote Post
JD
post Mar 7 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #26

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Mar 7 2010, 11:18 AM) *
What do you base that on? Everyone is counting Marquez out after his loss to Mayweather. Maybe we should see him in the ring again before saying something like that.

I actually said that Marquez's legs were going after the Baby Bull fight...and then seeing Diaz unable to move Malignaggi only confirmed it for me. A month later Marquez fought Floyd and his legs were dead in there...going up in weight and coming back down will only make it all worse. So in short, I did see him in the ring one more time after saying that I thought his legs were going - what I saw confirmed it for me.

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Mar 8 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 7 2010, 07:25 AM) *
I just saw the fight this morning... Does anyone else think that stoppage was too early? Maybe Urango wouldn't have made it out of the round but after the 2nd KD, he got up and was completely alert... I thought it was a bad stoppage.

Yeah, I though the stoppage was early but the writing on the wall could be seen clearly.

+Quote Post
Nay_Sayer
post Mar 8 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #28

Welterweight

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 7 2010, 09:54 AM) *
I think the Bradley fight should be brewed up some more. A couple more fights a fight between either Alexander, Khan, or Bradley will be in even higher demand if they keep winning.

Agreed. An Alexander/Bradley fight needs to cook for a while longer...

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Mar 8 2010, 03:13 AM
Post #29

Welterweight

Member No.: 931

QUOTE (JD @ Mar 7 2010, 10:06 PM) *
I actually said that Marquez's legs were going after the Baby Bull fight...and then seeing Diaz unable to move Malignaggi only confirmed it for me. A month later Marquez fought Floyd and his legs were dead in there...going up in weight and coming back down will only make it all worse. So in short, I did see him in the ring one more time after saying that I thought his legs were going - what I saw confirmed it for me.

That's cool. I personally thought Marquez looked really good against a very game Diaz. Against Mayweather, Marquez lost almost all of the rounds, but he was still able to last the distance on those "dead legs". I think he will be fine when he moves back down since 135-140 is around his natural weight class anyway. He shouldn't have to starve himself. Time will tell though. But until I see otherwise, I think Marquez will be fine.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Mar 8 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #30

Guests

Just finished watching the fight. I have seen Alexander maybe 4 or 5 times and I have always been impressed with him, though this was his most impressive for me. He used his jab well and I liked how he actually still 'boxed' but was able to stay in front of him and fight at the same time. That is how I like boxers.
He was good with the uppercut all night and the punch he landed was very good. That said, I think the referee stopped it early as well. Urango beat the count, his legs were there, his eyes looked ok. I have no idea why they stopped it. Don't think he was going to win, but still stopped early.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 02:32 AM