IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@8:30 PM (CST) SPOILERS@8:45:Alexander vs. Urango, All Comments Here: (No Duplicate or New Spoiler Threads)
JD
post Mar 8 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #31

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Mar 8 2010, 03:13 AM) *
That's cool. I personally thought Marquez looked really good against a very game Diaz. Against Mayweather, Marquez lost almost all of the rounds, but he was still able to last the distance on those "dead legs". I think he will be fine when he moves back down since 135-140 is around his natural weight class anyway. He shouldn't have to starve himself. Time will tell though. But until I see otherwise, I think Marquez will be fine.

Really? Man...I gotta disagree...I thought Marquez looked old against Diaz...like he was beginning to wear down. Against Floyd, Marquez went the distance because Mayweather let him - Floyd refused to take the risk necessary to bang him out of there, which is standard for him...win clearly, outclass, subject oneself to minimal risk - mission accomplished ten fold against Marquez. I personally believe that Floyd could have gotten him out of there early if he wanted to, but it is not his nature.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Mar 8 2010, 02:08 PM
Post #32

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (JD @ Mar 8 2010, 10:30 AM) *
Really? Man...I gotta disagree...I thought Marquez looked old against Diaz...like he was beginning to wear down. Against Floyd, Marquez went the distance because Mayweather let him - Floyd refused to take the risk necessary to bang him out of there, which is standard for him...win clearly, outclass, subject oneself to minimal risk - mission accomplished ten fold against Marquez. I personally believe that Floyd could have gotten him out of there early if he wanted to, but it is not his nature.

Gotta credit Diaz non stop pressure making Marquez fade at the end. Kinda reminded me of urango on sat was starting to turn the fight till getting caught with one good shot just like Diaz got caught with marq. Marq at 140 can beat paulie and lower class fighters his pop won't carry to 140 to make any real noise

This post has been edited by EpTXCHAMP: Mar 8 2010, 02:12 PM

+Quote Post
JD
post Mar 8 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #33

First Ballot

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 8 2010, 02:08 PM) *
Gotta credit Diaz non stop pressure making Marquez fade at the end. Kinda reminded me of urango on sat was starting to turn the fight till getting caught with one good shot just like Diaz got caught with marq. Marq at 140 can beat paulie and lower class fighters his pop won't carry to 140 to make any real noise

I didn't see it like that, because the same Baby Bull couldn't move Malignaggi or make him fade. Like I said, immediately after that fight I thought JMM's legs were going, see Paulie handle Baby Bill and move him around proved it to me.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Mar 8 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #34

Guests

JD, I have seen exactly what you are seeing in Marquez. He has been very good, but I thought he looked old against Diaz as well, he got through on experience in that one IMO.

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Mar 8 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #35

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (JD @ Mar 8 2010, 02:46 PM) *
I didn't see it like that, because the same Baby Bull couldn't move Malignaggi or make him fade. Like I said, immediately after that fight I thought JMM's legs were going, see Paulie handle Baby Bill and move him around proved it to me.

Baby bull wasn't the same and hasn't been since jmm beat him. Second Diaz vs paulie was not at 135 Diaz had and has no business fighting north of 135 his punch above 135 is almost as weak as paulies....other than the one punch fight changer and the constant pressure of Diaz it's hard to compare these two fights. Different styles and circumstances. For the record I ain't saying marq is a fresh chicken but I'm not saying he's shot or legs are gone think he could win a good match against the right guy

This post has been edited by EpTXCHAMP: Mar 8 2010, 08:43 PM

+Quote Post
JD
post Mar 8 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #36

First Ballot

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 8 2010, 08:39 PM) *
Baby bull wasn't the same and hasn't been since jmm beat him. Second Diaz vs paulie was not at 135 Diaz had and has no business fighting north of 135 his punch above 135 is almost as weak as paulies....other than the one punch fight changer and the constant pressure of Diaz it's hard to compare these two fights. Different styles and circumstances. For the record I ain't saying marq is a fresh chicken but I'm not saying he's shot or legs are gone think he could win a good match against the right guy

Diaz actually hasn't been the same since Campbell beat him.

Diaz fought Malignaggi at a catch weight that he was happy to oblige because he did not have to suck weight, and Paulie had to drain out further...plus, he started his career at 140. The only place I am making any comparison is with Marquez being pushed around by Baby Bull, the same Baby Bull who was pushed around by Malignaggi.

You think JMM's legs looking bad against Diaz is because of Diaz...ok...have it at; a slightly over simplified view in my opinion, but ok, not really worth debating. I think JMM's legs looked like they did against Diaz because they are going, add to it the fact that a small junior welter who had to suck extra weight, with zero power pushed the same guy around that Marquez was bullied by at lightweight. You think it was more an issue of the fight...so be it.

+Quote Post
JD
post Mar 8 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #37

First Ballot

QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 8 2010, 06:33 PM) *
JD, I have seen exactly what you are seeing in Marquez. He has been very good, but I thought he looked old against Diaz as well, he got through on experience in that one IMO.

EXACTLY.

Seeing Diaz unable to move Malignaggi really made the Marquez fight stand out that much more to me...and it stood out in the first place.

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Mar 9 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #38

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (JD @ Mar 8 2010, 08:51 PM) *
Diaz actually hasn't been the same since Campbell beat him.

Diaz fought Malignaggi at a catch weight that he was happy to oblige because he did not have to suck weight, and Paulie had to drain out further...plus, he started his career at 140. The only place I am making any comparison is with Marquez being pushed around by Baby Bull, the same Baby Bull who was pushed around by Malignaggi.

You think JMM's legs looking bad against Diaz is because of Diaz...ok...have it at; a slightly over simplified view in my opinion, but ok, not really worth debating. I think JMM's legs looked like they did against Diaz because they are going, add to it the fact that a small junior welter who had to suck extra weight, with zero power pushed the same guy around that Marquez was bullied by at lightweight. You think it was more an issue of the fight...so be it.

lol well word is it takes two sauna suits for diaz to get anything under 140 lol did u see his soft rolly stomach lol...

well I see where your coming from guess we wont know till marq's next fight and we see how he does

This post has been edited by EpTXCHAMP: Mar 9 2010, 12:37 AM

+Quote Post
JD
post Mar 9 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #39

First Ballot

QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 9 2010, 12:36 AM) *
lol well word is it takes two sauna suits for diaz to get anything under 140 lol did u see his soft rolly stomach lol...

well I see where your coming from guess we wont know till marq's next fight and we see how he does

It's cool, and I think that if Marrquez had issues with Diaz as the fight wore on, I could see it your way - but it was from the ring walk on that his legs looked like they were going.

+Quote Post
KENSOFINE
post Mar 9 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #40

Super Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,591

I cant believe people are giving all this credit to Alexandar. He beat JUAN URANGO. Juan Urango has NO skills. None. Zip, Zilch, Zero.

Alexander is another William Joppy, to me. You get a lesser tomato can in front of him...and he can look decent. He will NEVER beat an equally skilled fighter. EVER. He is just like Baby Camacho. All this hype and limited substance.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 09:30 PM