IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@ 9:30 PM (CST) Abraham vs. Direll (SPOILERS @9:45), All Comments Here: No Duplicate Threads or New Spoiler Topics
Byrd Man
post Mar 28 2010, 04:34 AM
Post #91

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,422

I just saw the ending on Youtube, and he ABSOLUTELY knew what he was doing (AA). Dude was on his knee and there was a pause before AA cocked back and let fly.

And I gotta say I hope to God Dirrell was acting, otherwise he got fucked up majorly. I was watching him just rambling and crying and "let me breathe" and "what the fuck happened" and I just pray he WAS acting, otherwise....damn dude got some damage done.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 28 2010, 04:41 AM
Post #92

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

IMO Direll was badly hurt, NOT faking,

His body language being led to the dressing room was seeminly angry about the late shot and that he thought he had been KO'd. He did not look good post-fight. I saw a hard shot land to Direll's head that was intentional after he was down and Abraham knows it. You can't hit a guy when he was down like that.

The REAL fake job was Fransisco-Lorenzo's first fight with Humberto Soto where he was able to use his cut up face and little love tap when he went down to convince Joe Cortez that Soto should be DQ'd and he was. The WBC properly overturned that decision to a no-contest and mandated a rematch. Watch Lorenzo almost jump up in celebration after he finds out Soto's been DQ'd after his "distress" a few minutes earlier. Now THAT's a fake job. Not in Direll-Abraham!

Jack

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Mar 28 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #93

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

(IMG:http://www.gifbin.com/bin/042009/1240308914_lehman-faking-a-foul.gif)

+Quote Post
JD
post Mar 28 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #94

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

I am not really sure how you can say with certainty that he was or was not acting in there.

Honestly, to me, after re-watching, it looked like he was faking it...even the interview, that is just what it appeared to me. I mean, there is no way to know for sure. At the time, he was well ahead, but quite clearly much more vulnerable, hittable and getting hurt. Dirrell fought a terrific fight, but I think it was obvious that somewhere around the tenth round, the pressure began getting to him, and then of course, in the tenth, Dirrell was hurt and dropped by the right hand - and Cole waved it off calling it a slip. The fight was very much still there for Abraham when it went down.

Look...maybe that arm punch really hurt him and it was a total delayed reaction, but that seemed a bit over the top and Dirrell actually looked up at Abraham before going down. Who knows...impossible to say either way.

+Quote Post
blackbelt2003
post Mar 28 2010, 07:53 AM
Post #95

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 84

I've just seen the 11th round only, and it looked to me like a legit reaction to the punch. The shot was a bomb and you can the sudden acceleration in his head as the punch lands.

Whether it was a DQ-type situation I'm not sure. Abrhama was pressing forwards, and when you're throwing, the fact that the guy slips to the floor doesn't register...I know this from experience.

I guess it would be unfair for Dirrell to NOT call it a DQ, but from a fan standpoint a NC and a rematch would have been ideal.

Black

+Quote Post
Keith
post Mar 28 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #96

Welterweight

Member No.: 10,273

QUOTE (JD @ Mar 28 2010, 08:47 AM) *
I am not really sure how you can say with certainty that he was or was not acting in there.

Honestly, to me, after re-watching, it looked like he was faking it...even the interview, that is just what it appeared to me. I mean, there is no way to know for sure. At the time, he was well ahead, but quite clearly much more vulnerable, hittable and getting hurt. Dirrell fought a terrific fight, but I think it was obvious that somewhere around the tenth round, the pressure began getting to him, and then of course, in the tenth, Dirrell was hurt and dropped by the right hand - and Cole waved it off calling it a slip.

Look...maybe that arm punch really hurt him and it was a total delayed reaction, but that seemed a bit over the top and Dirrell actually looked up at Abraham before going down. Who knows...impossible to say either way.

That's about how I saw it.

I dont think he was faking but it sure appeared that way. Add to that Dirrell's history of not wanting to mix it up and I could see him faking it. By that 11th round Dirrell was just trying to survive.

The ref did a terrible job. He should have been in position to stop the action verbally or physically when Dirrel went down in the corner.

I dont blame Abraham for hitting him so much, illegal still, but in real time not a premeditated assualt. Abraham thought he had him in trouble and had an itchy trigger finger.

Dirrell brings this sort of nonsense on himself by having such little control over his body in the ring. When he gets in trouble he bends completely over at the waist all the time, he jumps out of the way to avoid punches, and he turns his back to opponents.

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Mar 28 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #97

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

Am I the only one who sees the irony in Abraham complaining about the body shots as low blows and yet calls Dirrell an actor for his reaction to the shot?

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Mar 28 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #98

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (enigma1969 @ Mar 28 2010, 08:54 AM) *
LOL!

I believe it was all in the heat of the moment.

I don't wish any fighter to be hurt seriously ... huh ... not wait, there are a few. But I don't wish for it to happen to Andre Dirrell who seems like a really nice guy and a professional. Like I stated before its all depends on your perception. Doesn't matter if he is call the king or not. Maybe he thinks '' Hell I fought with a fucking broken jaw for 8 rounds and this guy is acting like he was shot!"
I have no idea what's in either gentleman's mind but if you think what he said was childish. I can't begin to imagine what you think of some of the other stuff that happens in boxing. Tyson saying it was going to hear Lewis's children. Hopkins stomping on a another man's country's flag.

Man this is classless -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jWoWg7EtdA

This is classless and very personal -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N_vvuppyTs...feature=related

And this is classless and we all know the rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI3D7h5yxOs...feature=related

But no matter what - in the end - boxing is the greatest sport ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKfSlU2uGRA

Peace all!

What BHop and Tyson has done in the past holds no bearing on what happened last night.

Abraham did get caught up in the moment and acted like a childish brat. Like I said, even if Dirrell was faking, it's better to take his word, wish him well, then be wrong about it, then vice versa. It's just a lack of concern or respect for the other fighter IMO.

But yes, boxing is the greatest sport ever.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Mar 28 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #99

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Mar 28 2010, 02:43 PM) *
Am I the only one who sees the irony in Abraham complaining about the body shots as low blows and yet calls Dirrell an actor for his reaction to the shot?

Yeah how the fuck are you gonna stop fighting and look over to the ref for a legit body shot? Again, not very "King-like" behavior from Abraham. More fighters need to start being like Mickey Ward when it comes to body shots.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Mar 28 2010, 08:55 AM
Post #100

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Dirrell was released from the hospital and tested negative for any brain damage (no concussions).

Dirrell may have faked the whole thing, I really don't know. One thing is NOT debatable... King Arthur got his ass beat THOROUGHLY!

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:14 PM