IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@ 9:30 PM (CST) SPOILERS @9:45 Guzman vs. Funeka II, (Also Maidana vs. Cayo)- No Duplicate Threads or New Spoiler Topics
salvador
post Mar 28 2010, 09:39 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Mar 28 2010, 03:20 AM) *
Hopefully that piece of shit Guzman never gets another big fight or slot on HBO.

I agree completely. What a piece of shit. What was Funeka going to do, not fight? Not take a paycheck? Pass on a huge HBO opportunity after being robbed in their last fight.

But isn't Guzman with Golden Boy?

Would someone at FH please ask Oscar whether or not he would have EVER fought a guy who weighed in 9 pounds overweight at lw? And ask him how come Funeka wasn't given a heads up a week in advance when it was obvious that that piece of shit Guzman was going to come in so overweight.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Mar 28 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Guzman is a disgrace to boxing, and doesn't deserve anything for this win. In fact, this fight should honestly be a NC. Serioulsy, 9 pounds overweight constitutes to a huge advantage for Guzman. He was obviously a different fighter, and that's just sickening. I hope he never gets on HBO/Showtime/ESPN/any channel on TV. He's a waste of talent and doesn't deserve a pay day based off what he did. He can fight on an independent, shitty, Golen Boy card that all three people will watch. Funeka was still competitive with everything stacked, and he doesn't deserve a loss in this situation. Fuck Joan Guzman.

+Quote Post
enigma1969
post Mar 28 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #13

Featherweight

Member No.: 308

You know what? Lost in all of this crap by Guzman is the way the 140lbs divison is shaping up! Guzman vs Funkea was not even the match event but its getting the most heat.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Mar 28 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #14

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

Put Guzman in with Pacquiao... Pac would charge Guzman 10 million a pound!

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Mar 28 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #15

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 28 2010, 10:46 PM) *
Put Guzman in with Pacquiao... Pac would charge Guzman 10 million a pound!

Put him in with Margarito & allow Margs loaded wraps I say.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Mar 29 2010, 02:36 AM
Post #16

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

What was most disgraceful was how Guzman was constantly taunting Funeka throughout the whole fight. It's like the guy had no shame at the fact he was fighting TWO weight classes above his opponent.

+Quote Post
Thegreatequalize...
post Mar 29 2010, 04:35 AM
Post #17

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,603

9 pounds over lightweight is ridiculous. i give praise to funeka for taking the second fight with a fighter coming in overweight. i'm glad hbo likes him so hopefully he'll continue to get fights. guzman coming in two weight classes over is a tough challenge. yeah, he was a total dick taunting him like he was a bad ass when every boxing fan knew he came in overweight and that's the reason he was able to absorb those punches. it'll be fun to see him get ko'd by a real welter. maybe cotto should fight him.

maidana has quite a punch. i found cayo's style a little annoying but i like the fact that he was willing to fight inside and trade, though that's kind of what got him ko'd. i think with a better trainer he could be a real contender. maidaina is a fun fighter to watch and seems like he doesn't have any problem making exciting fights. looking forward to his next fight.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 01:13 AM