IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mike Tyson vs. James Toney, ...the one that beat Holyfield.
King Eugene
post Apr 10 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #11

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 10 2010, 04:22 AM) *
Of course Toney wasn't as good as he was at super middle..I don't see Toney gettin KO'd though..

You will should he land the Haye fight and he wont go the distance with the Klits either. Yet I still want to see it just to be proven wrong.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 10 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #12

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 10 2010, 05:50 AM) *
You will should he land the Haye fight and he wont go the distance with the Klits either. Yet I still want to see it just to be proven wrong.

He won't get KO'd against Haye but would against Wlad but I don't think Vitali..Wlad's speed would allow him to land bombs..Toney now could get KO'd but when he first moved to heavyweight,I don't think so..His reflexes were still there for the most part..

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Apr 11 2010, 04:47 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Toney, with his defensive slipping and sliding, would be hard to hit, but Tyson would end up catching him.

I think Toney would cause Tyson to become really frustrated - he'd tie Tyson up and not give Mike the distance to get his shots off, but Tyson would eventually find a way and Toney would've never been hit has quick or as hard as a prime Mike.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 11 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #14

The Savage

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 11 2010, 04:47 AM) *
Toney, with his defensive slipping and sliding, would be hard to hit, but Tyson would end up catching him.

I think Toney would cause Tyson to become really frustrated - he'd tie Tyson up and not give Mike the distance to get his shots off, but Tyson would eventually find a way and Toney would've never been hit has quick or as hard as a prime Mike.

As quick??Roy had more speed than Tyson..

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Apr 13 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #15

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 11 2010, 01:54 PM) *
As quick??Roy had more speed than Tyson..

and Roy was touching Toney with ease. I think Toney "MAY" have landed two significant punches that whole fight.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Apr 13 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #16

Bourbon County Stout

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,759

Prime Tyson vs 35-year old James Toney isn't right. I believe Toney would have been able to go the distance but he'd lose a lopsided decision, and probably go down once or twice before it was over as well. He'd slip and counter and frustrate Tyson for a few rounds but his lack of power would likely keep Tyson from getting too discouraged and eventually Tyson would figure out a way to start connecting with some shots. He's not knocking Lights Out out though. Holyfield caught Toney flush a few times those first few rounds and James didn't flinch. Obviously prime Tyson hits a lot harder and faster than that version of Holyfield but Toney's chin, even at heavyweight, is granite.

Now, had Toney and Tyson actually fought in 2003-2004, JT would have beat the tattoo off his face. He would have humiliated Mike and probably made him quit around 6-7.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Apr 14 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

This doesn't seem like a fair fight.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Apr 14 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 14 2010, 08:11 AM) *
This doesn't seem like a fair fight.

I don't think Toney would be crazy enough to even enter in the HW division with Prime Tyson in it.

+Quote Post
grapevine241
post Apr 14 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #19

Amateur

Member No.: 10,811

toney like 116-112 because tyson would give up the later rounds when toney would come on. i dont think either guy would get hurt in the fight. tyson would never intimidate toney.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 14 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #20

The Savage

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 13 2010, 04:50 AM) *
and Roy was touching Toney with ease. I think Toney "MAY" have landed two significant punches that whole fight.

Hahahaha..You just had to add this in even though it meant nothing for the thread..I said Roy was faster and I get this..Roy was a lot faster than Tyson..So how does this play into Toney/Tyson??I also don't think that Roy was touching Toney with ease..Do you have stats on the fight??Not made up stats like you'd like to put up..

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:45 AM