4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happened to Bouie Fischer?
Method
post Apr 8 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #11

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

Cut out those good for nothing Fisher sons, Andre and James, who did nothing but sit in the front of the gym talking on their cell phones and chase hookers in Miami Beach. The first split w Bouie was because of THAT. Ex wanted to cut the sons. Bouie took their side.

Second time around? No idea. I know Bouie's wife was sick. I know Bouie himself was weak as fuck (like I said, fucking tubes sticking out of his arms like he was on some kidney dialysis shit). I have NO idea what exactly went down behind closed doors at the end. i know Ex went to Big Bear to train for the Taylor rematch, Bouie's wife was sick, Bernard said it was too much for Bouie to travel - he was weak and had too much on his plate, Bouie said for the right amount of money he'd walk through hell...I guess that kind of money wasn't being offered (and after the advice he gave in the corner for Taylor I, could you really blame anyone?). Naaz was in complete control of the show down the stretch, including the Taylor fights, anyway.

Bouie's my all time favorite trainer, but fuck, man, I saw the guy in camp down the stretch...he was there in stature only.

Again, I was NOT privy to any details or conversations between the two of them, I am just relaying what I saw at the time (which was BEFORE the 2nd split).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TRU
post Apr 8 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,474

QUOTE (Method @ Apr 8 2010, 04:22 PM) *
Cut out those good for nothing Fisher sons, Andre and James, who did nothing but sit in the front of the gym talking on their cell phones and chase hookers in Miami Beach. The first split w Bouie was because of THAT. Ex wanted to cut the sons. Bouie took their side.

Second time around? No idea. I know Bouie's wife was sick. I know Bouie himself was weak as fuck (like I said, fucking tubes sticking out of his arms like he was on some kidney dialysis shit). I have NO idea what exactly went down behind closed doors at the end. i know Ex went to Big Bear to train for the Taylor rematch, Bouie's wife was sick, Bernard said it was too much for Bouie to travel - he was weak and had too much on his plate, Bouie said for the right amount of money he'd walk through hell...I guess that kind of money wasn't being offered (and after the advice he gave in the corner for Taylor I, could you really blame anyone?). Naaz was in complete control of the show down the stretch, including the Taylor fights, anyway.

Bouie's my all time favorite trainer, but fuck, man, I saw the guy in camp down the stretch...he was there in stature only.

Again, I was NOT privy to any details or conversations between the two of them, I am just relaying what I saw at the time (which was BEFORE the 2nd split).

So you're saying that Hopkins cut Fischer because he was too old? What exactly are you bringing up his age for?

From what I understand, it was NOT a mutual separation.

At one point Hopkins called Fischer a father-like figure, now he doesn't talk to him.

At one point Hopkins called Lou Dibella "His Friend" following the win over Trinidad, now they hate each other.

I guess love is indeed blind...

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 8 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #13

What exactly are you bringing up his age for?
Uhhhh, cuz its a factor?

Bro, you're a big willy boxing site guy, get him on your radio show and ask him.

Oh, and everyone knows Lou Dibella is a scumbag cokehead. Are you somehow trying to insinuate he's a "good guy"? A victim? Please. Get him on your show too, Big Time.

+Quote Post
TRU
post Apr 8 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

QUOTE (Method @ Apr 8 2010, 04:29 PM) *
Uhhhh, cuz its a factor?

Bro, you're a big willy boxing site guy, get him on your radio show and ask him.

Oh, and everyone knows Lou Dibella is a scumbag cokehead. Are you somehow trying to insinuate he's a "good guy"? A victim? Please. Get him on your show too, Big Time.

Hahahahahah!!!!!

I knew you'd crack and start with the name-calling once someone exposed the fact that Hopkins nutsack rests FIRMLY... and i repeat FIRMLY on your tonsils.

Nevertheless... you state that the age was a factor in the split between the two. Wouldn't that lead you to believe that Fischer and Hopkins would still have a relationship?

As for Dibella, did I ever state anything about him being a "good guy"? NOPE. None whatsoever.

He's an asshole that just so happened to win half a mill in court against your husband.

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Apr 8 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

TRU baited him and METHOD fell for the mouse trap.

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 8 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (TRU @ Apr 8 2010, 05:35 PM) *
Hahahahahah!!!!!

I knew you'd crack and start with the name-calling once someone exposed the fact that Hopkins nutsack rests FIRMLY... and i repeat FIRMLY on your tonsils.

Nevertheless... you state that the age was a factor in the split between the two. Wouldn't that lead you to believe that Fischer and Hopkins would still have a relationship?

As for Dibella, did I ever state anything about him being a "good guy"? NOPE. None whatsoever.

He's an asshole that just so happened to win half a mill in court against your husband.

Crack what? You run a boxing radio show. You have guests on there weekly, if not nightly, get him on your show. I could care fucking LESS. I offered up ONLY what I know from observation. In NO way am I trying to offer up excuses. Everything I wrote is what I have SEEN first hand, or heard from people pretty close to the situation.

Someone as dialed in as yourself would likely be a lot more resourceful, I would think,anyway, at getting your own answers.

PS - And dont think for a second I didnt see through the purpose of you starting this thread. C'mon, Rump. I know you better than that. This shit had "you" written all over it.

+Quote Post
TRU
post Apr 8 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

I'm just seeing the lengths you'll go to defend this piece of shit.

I was a huge Bernard Hopkins fan prior to his bout with Trinidad. One of the few that knew he'd dispose of mushroom face without breaking a sweat.

I won almost 10k betting on Bernard to beat Oscar by KO and it came thru.

I tried to make it to his 20th title defense against Howard Eastman in LA but didn't end up making it out there but was happy to see him get the W regardless of the performance.

I attended his first fight with Taylor as a fan with and rooted as hard as anyone for the old man.

I organized a huge fight party for his rematch with Taylor that ended up being a huge letdown in terms of Bernard's promise to the fans to bring back the "executioner".

What was supposed to be his final swan song against Tarver, I rooted hard for the old man and was as happy as anyone that he beat up on gumby.

I attended the Wright fight and tried to sell the fight to others beforehand thinking Bernard would outbox Wright as Paul Williams was able to do. Bernard had the ability to do so but instead eeked by with his mauling garbage.

The Calzaghe fight was the bout that FINALLY broke the camel's back.

I was there, Method was there... it was a fun time until the first bell rang. Those 12 rounds might have been the worst display of trying to kill a fight as I've ever seen. Yes, I bet on Calzaghe but it didn't matter, I wanted to see a real boxing match.

That very night it was obvious that Bernard Hopkins doesn't care about boxing fans period.

It's the same night that I said... I don't care about Bernard Hopkins period.

I just can't see how someone can continue to defend the guy after all the crap he's given over the past couple years. Sure he had a good performance against Pavlik but it was too late.

It gets annoying explaining to people that Bernard USED to be the Executioner... that he USED to be a killer. Used to is the key word. Now he's a con artist scumbag who doesn't do what he's paid to do... entertain in the ring.

End of story.

PS. I'm not a connected boxing guy... just a fan of the sport. Bernard has done more to hurt the sport than help it in totality. He's sure helped his own bank account in the process, can't fault him for that. I just want him to go away and fix his teeth.

+Quote Post
MarzB
post Apr 8 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,494

Tru you're on a roll today with these BHop things. First off, BHop is one of my all time favs boxers and personalities. However he's NOT above criticism and I've come to realize he's NOT all what he wants us to believe.

That said though, I do recall at the time, (which reminds me. Meth were/are you "Iron lung" back on the old boxinqtalk days??) James Fisher's name coming out during their split. Now please note Tru, you're sorta implying that once Bernard "made it" ($$$$) that he cut Bouie. But he cut Bouie after the Jermain Taylor I fight. In other words he had Bouie in tow for his biggest payday (DLH) which was plus $10 million.

I do recall the scuttle at the time being over SET FEEs vs. Percentages. I'm sure if I dig, I could find some nuggets from Bernard speaking about it. Bernard at the time was then saying, "it wasn't Bouie who found the wraps it was Bro Nazim" which made me start looking at Bernard differently because whether it was Nazim or not. That was a real borderline BITCHASS shot to take at a man who brought you along when you didn't have schit and was a bus boy at some hotel I believe.

Bernard DIDN'T have to go there to attempt to undermine Bouie because Nazim will tell you himself that his boxing foundation started with Bouie.

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 8 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #19

Defend what, my man? The title of this thread is "What happened to Bouie Fisher?" Your post above has nothing to do with anything. It just traces your lineage of failed fight parties, etc, I guess. You and I sat shoulder to shoulder for the Calzaghe fight, so I can relate to that live fight experience, even though we both thought Hopkins deserved the nod. Who fucking cares, though? Seriously.

C'mon, I know you well enough to know this thread wasnt a genuine question, despite offering up the only things I know about the situation. That's all I did. You keep asking, "What's age got to do with it? I just reiterated, cuz from what I saw first hand in camps, and heard second hand, it had a lot to do with it, but I have NO IDEA what was ACTUALLY said between the two.

Let him walk from GBP and into the abyss, as you said. Wouldnt surprise me a bit to see Arum or someone pick him up. Wouldnt surprise me if they didnt either. Shit, for as much as Gary Shaw talks, let him pony up the money for Hopkins/Dawson. He could promote the whole thing and keep it all in-house. I personally dont think there's much revenue there, but Salvador, DMArv, and everyone else does, so let Shaw pick up Ex and theres the fight. Let Dan Goosen pick him up and put up $ for Tony/Hopkins II. Or Williams/Hopkins.

If you really wanna make the guy disappear, put him in w Haye. Let him sink or swim.

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 8 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (MarzB @ Apr 8 2010, 06:10 PM) *
Tru you're on a roll today with these BHop things. First off, BHop is one of my all time favs boxers and personalities. However he's NOT above criticism and I've come to realize he's NOT all what he wants us to believe.

That said though, I do recall at the time, (which reminds me. Meth were/are you "Iron lung" back on the old boxinqtalk days??) James Fisher's name coming out during their split. Now please note Tru, you're sorta implying that once Bernard "made it" ($$$$) that he cut Bouie. But he cut Bouie after the Jermain Taylor I fight. In other words he had Bouie in tow for his biggest payday (DLH) which was plus $10 million.

I do recall the scuttle at the time being over SET FEEs vs. Percentages. I'm sure if I dig, I could find some nuggets from Bernard speaking about it. Bernard at the time was then saying, "it wasn't Bouie who found the wraps it was Bro Nazim" which made me start looking at Bernard differently because whether it was Nazim or not. That was a real borderline BITCHASS shot to take at a man who brought you along when you didn't have schit and was a bus boy at some hotel I believe.

Bernard DIDN'T have to go there to attempt to undermine Bouie because Nazim will tell you himself that his boxing foundation started with Bouie.

Bouie was getting a %, a very high percentage, as far as trainers go (according to Emmanual Steward). Hopkins and Fisher HAD split prior to DLH. Hopkins brought Fisher back for the AllenIII/DLH because He felt that Bouie deserved to be a part of that payday. He was there for everything in between up to and through Taylor I. He was let go for Taylor II. Im not gonna go through what I saw/heard were the reasons. I already posted it. As for what was said about Naaz finding the wraps, it is what it is, and EVERYONE, Bernard and Naaz, know that Bouie laid the foundation. What was the quote Bernard said during the DLH final presser, "...Bouie was the MASTER, but the man that got me started was Smokey Wilson..." (in reference to his coach in jail).

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:29 PM