IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather is CLEARLY the druggy., I am almost embarrassed to post this ignorance
thehype
post Apr 9 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #21

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 9 2010, 11:53 PM) *
That's all you had to say, Hype. No need to go into detail. lol

LMAO. No shit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Apr 9 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

You want ignorance? How about the part where he said he's an entertainer? How about when he said he could make millions without boxing? Wait, that's not ignorance, that's delusion.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Apr 9 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #23

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 10 2010, 12:45 AM) *
You want ignorance? How about the part where he said he's an entertainer? How about when he said he could make millions without boxing? Wait, that's not ignorance, that's delusion.

I guess it depends on your definition of entertainment, but I don't think that was an ignorant statement. Whether or not he's a GOOD entertainer is in the eye of the beholder, but nevertheless, when he's doing his part to promote or hype up a fight, he's definitely trying to entertain. Every episode of 24/7 is him trying to entertain...and ironically, you'll probably tune in!

As for the millions without boxing, I can't speak to that because I don't know how much money he's made outside of boxing with his WWE appearances, his ATT ad and whatnot, but he definitely couldn't have made that if he wasn't who he is in boxing. I mean, if you want to call that ignorant, then okay, I'll give you that, but I think you might be missing the point he was really trying to make. I mean, was he really trying to say that he never needed boxing and that he can make millions without it (because of he WAS meaning that, then hell yeah that was ignorant) OR was he trying to say the difference between himself and guys like Hopkins, Mosley and Cotto are that he's become the type of star that can make big dollars outside of boxing whereas they haven't? I mean, call me crazy, but I don't think Shane Mosley is making anywhere near the type of money outside of boxing that Floyd Mayweather is making. And that's not to say that Floyd Mayweather is making CRAZY loot outside of boxing, but he's definitely a much more recognized star that CAN actually make money outside of boxing.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Apr 10 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 9 2010, 11:57 PM) *
I guess it depends on your definition of entertainment, but I don't think that was an ignorant statement. Whether or not he's a GOOD entertainer is in the eye of the beholder, but nevertheless, when he's doing his part to promote or hype up a fight, he's definitely trying to entertain. Every episode of 24/7 is him trying to entertain...and ironically, you'll probably tune in!

As for the millions without boxing, I can't speak to that because I don't know how much money he's made outside of boxing with his WWE appearances, his ATT ad and whatnot, but he definitely couldn't have made that if he wasn't who he is in boxing. I mean, if you want to call that ignorant, then okay, I'll give you that, but I think you might be missing the point he was really trying to make. I mean, was he really trying to say that he never needed boxing and that he can make millions without it (because of he WAS meaning that, then hell yeah that was ignorant) OR was he trying to say the difference between himself and guys like Hopkins, Mosley and Cotto are that he's become the type of star that can make big dollars outside of boxing whereas they haven't? I mean, call me crazy, but I don't think Shane Mosley is making anywhere near the type of money outside of boxing that Floyd Mayweather is making. And that's not to say that Floyd Mayweather is making CRAZY loot outside of boxing, but he's definitely a much more recognized star that CAN actually make money outside of boxing.

He said he could make millions without boxing. Like I said though, that's not ignorant, it is delusional.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Apr 10 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 10 2010, 01:29 AM) *
Since it is an impossible claim to prove, I think it is just shit talking arrogance, not delusion.

I doubt he could have made millions without boxing. Then again maybe he's exceptionally good at some other sport.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Apr 10 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #26

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 10 2010, 01:05 AM) *
He said he could make millions without boxing. Like I said though, that's not ignorant, it is delusional.

Nooooo...what he said was:

The thing about Floyd Mayweather is I'm an entertainer, period! You gotta realize without boxing, I done made millions. And when you a real entertainer, when you a mega-superstar, you can go to other things and blow up and make things happen.

Meaning, EVEN without boxing, he's made millions.

Again, I can't confirm or deny whether or not that's true (likely it probably is though given appearance fees and whatever sponsors he may have), but the point is, he's not saying what you're implying that he's saying.

+Quote Post
RyanTical
post Apr 10 2010, 02:34 AM
Post #27

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,841

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 9 2010, 09:45 PM) *

Wasn't that quote from the psuedo-Mayweather interview ruled ficticious?

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 10 2010, 02:36 AM
Post #28

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 10 2010, 05:53 AM) *
The thing about Floyd Mayweather is I'm an entertainer, period! You gotta realize without boxing, I done made millions. And when you a real entertainer, when you a mega-superstar, you can go to other things and blow up and make things happen.

I read that as him saying that he's become an entertainer that can now make money outside the ring, not that he never needed boxing to get where he is today.

+Quote Post
RyanTical
post Apr 10 2010, 02:47 AM
Post #29

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,841

QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 10 2010, 12:36 AM) *
I read that as him saying that he's become an entertainer that can now make money outside the ring, not that he never needed boxing to get where he is today.

So did I.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 10 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #30

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 10 2010, 12:15 AM) *
Translation; "I'm taking PacMeow's nuts and going home."

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:43 PM