IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather is CLEARLY the druggy., I am almost embarrassed to post this ignorance
torvix2000
post Apr 10 2010, 07:16 AM
Post #31

BANNED IN THE USA

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,018

http://www.pacquiaosleftnut.com/news/125/A...2010-04-09.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 10 2010, 07:32 AM
Post #32

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Apr 10 2010, 08:16 AM) *

So what are you sayin', torvix?

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Apr 10 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #33

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Damn. Bio-dad sounds like a piece of shit.

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 10 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 1,253

Think about his career, who he's fought, who he was the B SIDE of EVERY MAJOR fight he was in... (GATTI, DLH, Hatton)...and yeah, he may have made $$$$ in wrestling, or outside of boxing, but he was broke, and needed to get back in the boxing ring to bail himself out...at first I diagnosed the following as ignorance, but upon further review realize that he's just not SMART.

I'm like the kid on Troy, I'm solo. I'm like the Gladiator, I'm dolo, I'm by myself. I'm not with Top Rank, I'm not with Golden Boy, you know? Mayweather Promotions, we don't need 1000 fights, we need just 1 that can generate hundreds of millions by itself. You know what I'm saying? 85% of the pay-per-view is all generated when Floyd Mayweather lace up and so whoever I get in there with or how my gate gonna look, they always gonna say, "Oh, it's because of this guy or because of that guy." Man, like I said, I'm always in a no-win situation.

He's NOT solo. Golden Boy promotes him. He made his bones off of Gatti, DLH, Hatton. He may have pitched the 24/7, but w/out DLH, it would have NEVER flew, because DLH was the A-Side of that. But kudos to him for the creative direction and the idea. Kudos to him for EVERYTHING he has. I mean that sincerely, but to act like this fool isn't ignorant. Those comments above are directly from him (I assume), and they wreak of something...ignorance or stupidity. Mayweather Promotions is NOT even a promotional company, so how are you "solo"? How many PPV's did the Henry Bruseles fight generate? What was the gate? Im not hating on Floyd here. Dude has mad skills in the sport I love.

Hype makes a lot of valid points. I did not watch the videos but read that transcript. I've been following Floyd since the '90's. Im well aware of his history, lineage, etc. I followed him when he wasn't worth shit, crying about his "slave contracts", watched him get booed in front of his home town in MI, and I know how he emerged as a star in the sport...and it was NOT "SOLO". He rode on the coattails of some Superstars (hey, a LOT of guys DO), and he was VERY SMART in doing so, because those guys are gone, and he's now the HNIC.

*EDIT* - Let me qualify my comments somewhat. In retrospect, I don't believe Floyd is ignorant here. I think he knows the deal. On the CONTRARY, I believe that HE believes, the FANS are ignorant, and that they'll readily believe everything that he's selling them. A lot of boxing fans know better.

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Apr 10 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 9 2010, 11:45 PM) *
You want ignorance? How about the part where he said he's an entertainer? How about when he said he could make millions without boxing? Wait, that's not ignorance, that's delusion.

Last I checked Vince McMahon didn't pay him to box.

+Quote Post
Method
post Apr 10 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 1,253

...and last I checked, wrestling didnt get him out from under the IRS.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Apr 10 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

The thing I heard from him is he says he's an entertainer and that "Without boxing I'd have made millions" Is he saying "I have" or "I would have"? If he's saying "I would have" then he's delusional because the only thing he seems to be good at is boxing. Keep in mind I'm talking about if he would have never boxed in the first place, which is what I'm getting from what he said in the video. Then again I can't really tell if he said "I have" or "I would have". Is he delusional by saying he's a mega superstar? Being on Dancing with the Stars is certainly mainstream but the people on that show cannot be considered megasuperstars. Maybe in the boxing context he's a megasuperstar? If so then yes, he might be a bigger name in the U.S than Pacquiao but he's no megasuperstar outisde boxing.

Or how about put a 100K on Floyd and you get 100 in return....eventually. In the boxing aspect maybe, but before he said all that, he said he was an entertainer so what I'm getting is that he's implying that if he would have never boxed he would still have been all those things; making millions and being a superstar. Outside boxing can someone really put 100K on him and make 100 million? I don't doubt he can make money outside boxing right now, but without no one would know who he is. Didn't someone here once mention he wanted to tour with rap stars and someone basically told him he wasn't contributing much and told him to go back to boxing?

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 10 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #38

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

Where'd you get you get your quotes MMM? I'm just going off what Hype quoted and to me that sounds very clear that he's just saying he's managed to make money in addition to boxing. It would be stupid of him to think he'd be anybody without boxing. He wouldn't get any of the promos, offers, whatever, if he didn't start his name somewhere in some capacity. I honestly don't think Floyd ego is THAT big or that he's that delusional.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Apr 10 2010, 10:22 AM

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Apr 10 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 10 2010, 11:18 AM) *
Where'd you get you get your quotes MMM? I'm just going off what Hype quoted and to me that sounds very clear that he's just saying he's managed to make money in addition to boxing. It would be stupid of him to think he'd be anybody without boxing. He wouldn't get any of the promos, offers, whatever, if he didn't start his name somewhere in some capacity. I honestly don't think Floyd ego is THAT big or that he's that stupid.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, I'm basing this all off on whether he said "I would have" or "I'd have". But you're right, I don't think he's that naive to think that without boxing he would still have made millions.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Apr 10 2010, 10:39 AM
Post #40

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 10 2010, 08:32 AM) *
So what are you sayin', torvix?

What he's saying is BAN ME!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:22 PM