IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:30 CST (SPOILERS@ 9:45) Berto vs. Quintana, All Comments Here: Streaming Only By E-Mail or PM
kidbazooka1
post Apr 11 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 11 2010, 09:21 AM) *
Who thought Jordan was gonna beat Caballero?

Everybody wants to talk about Berto being overrated... Caballero has slowly become one of the most overrated fighters out there.

A sh*tload of people on other boards thought this was gonna be Yordan's breakthrough fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Apr 11 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #42

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,263

I only watched the first 8 rounds of the fight but I didn't think Berto looked too bad, keeping in mind he's still young and raw and has room to improve.

Caballero vs Gamboa is an extremely intriguing bout I am definitely looking forward to that fight! If it was an HBO PPV I would order it.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 11 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #43

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 11 2010, 11:57 PM) *
I only watched the first 8 rounds of the fight but I didn't think Berto looked too bad, keeping in mind he's still young and raw and has room to improve.

He definitely has ALOT to improve on, but based on his incremental improvements over his recent fights, either his team knows what he needs to improve on, or he's incapable of improving much more. Either way, right now, he'd be OPEN SEASON to one of the top guys.

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Apr 11 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #44

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

Just got back from jamaica....finally watched the recording of this fight. Not a fan of either guy.

My analysis:

That complaining and carrying on early in that match when he (Berto) was falling into the guy after his shots missed and constantly complaining about hits behind the head was gay. For some odd reason I'm just not too hot about Berto at all.

That is all.......

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 11 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Apr 11 2010, 01:38 PM) *
I would like to see berto go down to 140 where I think he's better matched or fight collazo and wait for a Bradley or Alexander to come up to 147. I think fighting against any of the top welters does nothing for his career or the sport, also needs to drop his trainer and hook up with with maybe a mayweather, Floyd sr has got no one, maybe mustafa muhamed.

I think Bradley/Berto is a must see fight. it would be explosive. Though Bradley isnt the strongest puncher, he may KO Berto by accumulation. bertos doesnt have the strongest chin. Bradley would also be vulnerable because he takes alot of chances and Berto has speed and can crack. Would be a good fight for both guys. Bradley would in all likelyhood move up to 47. Bradley will have a tough time at 147 due to height and power issues.

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Apr 12 2010, 02:16 AM
Post #46

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 11 2010, 04:13 PM) *
I'm not trying to start any shit, mexi-cutioner, but the fight ended in the 8th.

oh my bad i meant *7 rounds of the fight, and even then i only watched up until the midway point of the 7th. I tried convincing my buddies to hold up till the end of the bout but they aren't big boxing fans and were gonna blaze without me and i didn't wanna pass that up lol.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Apr 12 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #47

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 11 2010, 11:25 PM) *
I think Bradley/Berto is a must see fight. it would be explosive. Though Bradley isnt the strongest puncher, he may KO Berto by accumulation. bertos doesnt have the strongest chin. Bradley would also be vulnerable because he takes alot of chances and Berto has speed and can crack. Would be a good fight for both guys. Bradley would in all likelyhood move up to 47. Bradley will have a tough time at 147 due to height and power issues.

Yeah, that's the fight I was looking for too. I think that the top tier guys need to fight eachother in their next couple fights while this younger generation builds their names. Berto has said numerous times he could make 140 but I don't see him dropping because it will imediately start the whole "he's running." I think that he should fight a collazo rematch or pick up a clottey fight to measure himself with some of the other top tier guys. Let Alexander and Bradley clear up 140, which will take about a year or two and become a household name, boxing needs to replenish its self because recently u see the young guys get thrown to the wolves to early and then you have to wait till the next guy. I really think that Alexander is the next big thing but they have to move him correctly, which I think means keep him away from Bradley for a year or two and then try and make a fight when they are both p4p, and recognized by the public. Boxing needs an inside seris like inside mma and for it's fighters to make more apperances at other events to get their names out there and keep them relevant. The whole structure of the fight game needs to be revamped. Think that might be a good topic "how you would elevate the sport of boxing"

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Apr 12 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #48

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Apr 12 2010, 08:32 AM) *
Think that might be a good topic "how you would elevate the sport of boxing"

Good idea. Post it.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 03:10 PM