IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO:9PM (CST) Pavlik vs. Martinez-SPOILERS@9:15, All Comments Here:No Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
kidbazooka1
post Apr 17 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Martinez is a bad dude I picked him to beat pavlik but i didn't think it was gonna be that decisive. That mid fight adjustment he maid was stuff of greats.

martinez will be middleweight king for years to come pavlik should fight Williams style wise he may have a better chance at beating Williams than going after martinez again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 18 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

Loved the fight. Martinez really earned it. Hope to see him rematch Williams.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 18 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 18 2010, 01:13 AM) *
Loved the fight. Martinez really earned it. Hope to see him rematch Williams.

That would be another war.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 18 2010, 01:22 AM
Post #34

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Great stuff from Martinez he really whooped Pavlik. I had it 117-110 for him. That knockdown in round 7 wasn't a knockdown too

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 18 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #35

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 06:30 PM) *
Ummmmm...I was playing around, Robo-mod.

LOL!!!!! I like that!!!! "Robo Mod!!!!"

On the fight,

Great win for Martinez! Liked his ability to come back after the KD to take control like he did in the early rounds. Pavlik just could not deal with the faster Martinez most of the time.

Great win for Bute! I could not stand Miranda's showboating shit and I like fighters getting their clock cleaned when they do that shit!

Jack

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 18 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 18 2010, 01:22 AM) *
Great stuff from Martinez he really whooped Pavlik. I had it 117-110 for him. That knockdown in round 7 wasn't a knockdown too

No that was not real KD but since the punch landed as he went down it was counted as such.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 18 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #37

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 18 2010, 06:54 AM) *
No that was not real KD but since the punch landed as he went down it was counted as such.

Martinez went down a punch, but the commentators overlooked the fact that Pavlik held his head down moments before the punch landed.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Apr 18 2010, 02:48 AM
Post #38

Guests

...AND THE NEW!!! Sergio Martinez did what I expected him to do & did what he had to do to get the nod to claim the Middleweight titles from Pavlik.

Martinez once again showed that he will fight back when hit, showed a lot of confidence in the ring & most impressively just looks relaxed while doing it. Pavlik started landing the right in the middle of the fight when Sergio slowed down a bit which also resulted in the KD which was also due to Martinez feeting being out of place at the time.

Sergio showed he has great skills & also showed he has the ability to know what he has to do & when he has to do it which is something very special for a fighter to have. Sergio demonstrated once again that boxing, using movement & angles beat Pavlik...& a bit of clowning don't seem to hurt either.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 18 2010, 05:27 AM) *
What a fight. Martinez completely dominated him and embarrassed him in the ring, he busted him up and left his face a bloody mess. He also won me money. Making money on seeing Pavlik get exposed, clowned and busted up? It feels pretty good.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

I could have told you that CEO, I said he was cut from the same cloth as Kessler and Abraham. Classic robotic 1, 2 fighters. There was only one difference, one wasn't from Europe.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Pavlik is ordinary and he is the middleweights Lamon Brewster.

Yes, it feel very good!

I think Abraham is a different fighter than Kessler & Pavlik as he also has a different style & actually has a not bad of a defense. Kessler & Pavlik have more similarities between each other but have always been more impressed with Kessler as he just shows better technique & composure when he throws his his punches. I'm not saying Kessler is greater either, he just throws better punches which aint as flimsy looking as Pavlik.

Watching Martinez comeback from a slow middle section of the fight to turn the heat up & really bust Pavlik up to a bloody mess while clowning his way to the biggest victory of his life was nothing but pure entertainment which put a smile on my face.

I now want Williams to have his turn on inflicting some of his own punishment on this hyped job before stepping in to give Martinez his much deserved rematch.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Apr 18 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #39

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

alright i know im drunk now, but damn i watched the fihgt sober and it was good. I had it 114-113, but there was a few close rounds. I thught 3 and 4 were close, but i gave four to pavlik and three to martinez. I though pavlik was taking over in the middle rounds, but taht cut really fucked pavlik up. He dropped him, but martinez caught that second wind. Good fight straight up though, I hope to see martinez get taht rematch against willaims now. he deserve it, and now another fihgt of the hyear. holla

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Apr 18 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #40

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

oh and bute tapped that ass. miranda was looking better tahn usual but he really ran into an uppercut..fuck he can beat any super middle out there. Anybody in that super six doesn't get past bute. Bute fast and he got power. Nobdoy get by him

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 02:01 PM