IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Terry Norris vs Sergio Martinez.., Primes at 154..
PR316
post Apr 19 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Interesting because both are great athletes with fast hands, good footwork, and when on their games, very difficult to beat.

Martinez may not have the punch to take Norris out, and the reverse is probably true(Though Martinez to me does have a somewhat underrated punch).

Its close and tightly contested, but I give Norris the edge. I think Terry's faster hands and combination punching will get him a close but clear decision.

Norris via UD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 19 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Good fight Im sure most will go with Norris but i'll be different and go with Martinez even though he's not a huge puncher Norris whickers were fragil and Martinez carries enough power and speed to hurt Norris IMO. I see a back and forth fight for the first few rds but Martinez better chin and superior movement will make the difference

Martinez by TKO in 10.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Apr 19 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Could definitely go either way...

But I'm not sure Martinez has superior movement. I think its pretty even there. Martinez' chin is a huge advantage if the fight becomes anything close to a brawl.

Norris to me was one of those guys who should have been better than he was. He had a tendency to lose his head. The way he fought the rematch with Brown was beautiful, I thought. That Norris was one of the best 154 pounders for sure.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 20 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (PR316 @ Apr 19 2010, 11:25 PM) *
Could definitely go either way...

But I'm not sure Martinez has superior movement. I think its pretty even there. Martinez' chin is a huge advantage if the fight becomes anything close to a brawl.

Norris to me was one of those guys who should have been better than he was. He had a tendency to lose his head. The way he fought the rematch with Brown was beautiful, I thought. That Norris was one of the best 154 pounders for sure.

Yes Norris was hot head and against a guy like Martinez i believe Norris would have lost his cool.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:40 AM