Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The way Judah could have beat Mayweather, Conservative Power Punch Accuracy
LoneRyu
post Apr 23 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,803

In the first $ rounds against Mayweather Zab was conservative but acurate with his power punches then his dad says let em go start throwing more punches. In my opinion if zabs father would have kept his mouth shut Zab could have won through patience and accuracy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Apr 23 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #2

Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 23 2010, 10:48 PM) *
In the first $ rounds against Mayweather Zab was conservative but acurate with his power punches then his dad says let em go start throwing more punches. In my opinion if zabs father would have kept his mouth shut Zab could have won through patience and accuracy.

I guess you didn't see the adjustments Floyd made... I'm sure that had a little to do with it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 23 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #3

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 23 2010, 10:12 PM) *
I guess you didn't see the adjustments Floyd made... I'm sure that had a little to do with it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

A little??That's an understatement..hahaha..I know you're just fuckin around though..

Anyway,Zab had a good start but Mayweather is able to adjust to anyone in my opinion whether it's a little bit or a lot(most cases)..Sad but true..

+Quote Post
LoneRyu
post Apr 23 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #4

Amateur

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 23 2010, 08:12 PM) *

i never said that. i feel that being economical i.e. intelligent with his aggression got him alot farther than angrily throwing combinations.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Apr 23 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #5

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 23 2010, 10:48 PM) *
Zab could have won through patience and accuracy.

But that's the whole problem...Zab has NEVER been a patient fighter, so your logic is flawed. I mean, heck, Zab could have beat Baldomir if he actually trained...Zab could have beat Tszyu if he didn't drop his hands and pull straight back...Zab could have beat Shane if he didn't get pissed at his dad and put his hand through a glass window...Zab could have done A LOT of things, but he didn't, therefore, the outcome is what has been written in the history books.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Apr 23 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 23 2010, 10:52 PM) *
But that's the whole problem...Zab has NEVER been a patient fighter, so your logic is flawed. I mean, heck, Zab could have beat Baldomir if he actually trained...Zab could have beat Tszyu if he didn't drop his hands and pull straight back...Zab could have beat Shane if he didn't get pissed at his dad and put his hand through a glass window...Zab could have done A LOT of things, but he didn't, therefore, the outcome is what has been written in the history books.

When BigG reads this he is either going to shed a tear or become enraged. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by KookedKrack: Apr 23 2010, 10:54 PM

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Apr 23 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #7

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 24 2010, 03:33 AM) *
i never said that. i feel that being economical i.e. intelligent with his aggression got him alot farther than angrily throwing combinations.

I believe making an early start against mayweather in a counterpunching role is a good idea, so long as you have the speed to pull it off. Floyd lets his opponents swarm him, as pressure is the conventional logic to beating floyd... and look at how successful thats been. He just lets you waste punches, pot shot, and let you tire yourself out. If you have the speed, reverse the roles, get floyd to attack.

Of course, there will come a point where floyd makes an adjustment. The key to winning will be to recognize this point and switch your own game accordingly. Something zab was incapable of, hence the result.

Sure floyd won the fight down the stretch as judah fell apart, but the fight was close. I gave judah 4 rounds, and a knockdown if it had been scored correctly.

Adding in the fact that judah was choked badly during the scuffle, its not inconcievable he could have pulled a draw. Just 2 rounds IMO was all he needed for a win IMO. And then looking at floyds resume... draw or lost to Judah? The P4P greatest of all time ?

Over rated

This post has been edited by AussieLad: Apr 23 2010, 11:00 PM

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Apr 23 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 23 2010, 08:48 PM) *

I think zab gave floyd the most trouble more than castillo
The big thing here is zab's pops Yoel I mean seriously watch zabs early fights when Lou Duva trained him and then watch zabs fights when Yoel took over you see a MAJOR change in fundamentals and show boating.... zabs downfall was letting his pops train him.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Apr 23 2010, 11:03 PM
Post #9

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 23 2010, 11:56 PM) *
Sure floyd won the fight down the stretch as judah fell apart, but the fight was close. I gave judah 4 rounds, and a knockdown if it had been scored correctly.

Adding in the fact that judah was choked badly during the scuffle, its not inconcievable he could have pulled a draw. Just one round IMO was all he needed. And then looking at floyds resume... draw with Judah? The P4P greatest of all time drawed with Judah?

Over rated

Or maybe...just MAYBE Judah "fell apart" down the stretch because his ass was getting picked apart by Mayweather. The body work got Zab to drop his hands and then Floyd busted him up all over the place. That fight was only "close" after the first 4 rounds...and I don't care if you gave every single one of those first 4 rounds to Zab...after that, it was all Floyd, who started fvckin Zab up so bad that Judah jacked him in the balls just to catch a break. If you consider the fact that Judah was eating some heavy leather just prior to that low blow and scuffle, in my opinion, his ass was about to get knocked the fvck out!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I swear, with some of you, it's always, always, ALWAYS what the other guy does or doesn't do...it's never about what Floyd actually gets done in there.

Underappreciated

+Quote Post
LoneRyu
post Apr 23 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #10

Amateur

QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 23 2010, 09:03 PM) *
Or maybe...just MAYBE Judah "fell apart" down the stretch because his ass was getting picked apart by Mayweather. The body work got Zab to drop his hands and then Floyd busted him up all over the place. That fight was only "close" after the first 4 rounds...and I don't care if you gave every single one of those first 4 rounds to Zab...after that, it was all Floyd, who started fvckin Zab up so bad that Judah jacked him in the balls just to catch a break. If you consider the fact that Judah was eating some heavy leather just prior to that low blow and scuffle, in my opinion, his ass was about to get knocked the fvck out!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I swear, with some of you, it's always, always, ALWAYS what the other guy does or doesn't do...it's never about what Floyd actually gets done in there.

Underappreciated

you know im actually a floyd fan. hes the smartest fighter today bar none. im my opinion zab pushed him the farthest athletically and that was exciting to see. i think mosley will be a tougher fight than pac down the line if it happens. thats why im really into the may mosley fight.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:04 AM