IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11:15(ET),10:15(CT), 8:15(PT)-Arreola vs. Adamek, SPOILERS: 15 Minutes Following Start Times (Keep Everything Here)
The Original MrF...
post Apr 25 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 25 2010, 02:12 AM) *
Adamek proved himself a worthy opponent in the current Heavyweight division.

Adamek v Haye seems logical.

Yup, agreed. Would also like to see Adamek vs Eddie Chambers. I dont see Hopkins beating Adamek. It would have been interesting though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Apr 25 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #22

Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 25 2010, 02:38 AM) *
Yup, agreed. Would also like to see Adamek vs Eddie Chambers. I dont see Hopkins beating Adamek. It would have been interesting though.

I think Adamek should get a shot at one of the champs next. Adamek v Haye in London? It would be huge.

Adamek versus either Sis would be large.

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Apr 25 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

Arreola would be one hell of a force if he would only take his craft serious.

Hopefully a second (and an unneeded one at that) loss with the very low fan turn out will make him drop more weight....I think he would really be surprised in his own ability if he were 20/20+lbs lighter.

It's really unnerving to watch him hold his own with the likes of Klit and Adamek, world class fighters.....THIS far out of shape...if he would only take that part serious.

I'm a big guy myself....so I know the allure of good food and shit....BUT...I also hit the track 5 nights a week run 2-3 miles and hit the weight room...and that's while having a regular everyday job.

IF I were a boxer whose living allowed for physical shape to be an aspect that you are paid for......I would be running everyday 6-7 miles...

The only thing that keeps me from doing it now is a hectic work schedule. I also don't have $ as a motivator....yet I still get out there and probally do more than Arreola ever does.

It amazes me how a guy whose JOB it is to come in shape somehow CAN'T find the time or desire to do the road work.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 25 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #24

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I actually lost my round by round train of thought for this fight. I thought Arreola could have won had it not been for the hand injury and him being so out of shape. Chris blew it in the last two rounds I thought. You could see that his is flawed because he has no Plan "B." For some reason, I had a feeling that "Nipples" was going to get a close decision. It has been very hard for visiting fighters as of late to win in hometown backyards. Chris threw several hard shots and had some good pressure. But Adamek was able to out-box "Nipples" with the flashier punches.

Jack

+Quote Post
BGv2.0
post Apr 25 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,304

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 25 2010, 02:06 AM) *
I actually lost my round by round train of thought for this fight. I thought Arreola could have won had it not been for the hand injury and him being so out of shape. Chris blew it in the last two rounds I thought. You could see that his is flawed because he has no Plan "B." For some reason, I had a feeling that "Nipples" was going to get a close decision. It has been very hard for visiting fighters as of late to win in hometown backyards. Chris threw several hard shots and had some good pressure. But Adamek was able to out-box "Nipples" with the flashier punches.

Jack

I actually thought the best call was the same exact one I scored the fight...114-114.

I gave Adamak the first 3, Arroela the next 3 Adamak the next 3 and then Chris the final 3. I had no problem with the 115-113 for Adamak....but that 117-111 was pretty far out IMHO.

BUT....like somebody said early in the thread....they were there and it looked different and I know how that goes...so

Bottom line...Chris should have come in shape and ended the night with a KO...which I really think he could have done had he been in better shape.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 25 2010, 03:36 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

I know people give Arreola alot of sh*t but despite the guys looks he's one tough SOB he may have been able to win the fight had it not been for the hand but regardless he's and exciting HW who always comes to fight and thats excatly what the division needs right now.

Angulo took care of buisness at the end but needs to hook up with a better trainer IMO.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Apr 25 2010, 03:43 AM

+Quote Post
salvador
post Apr 25 2010, 08:00 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 25 2010, 01:43 AM) *
I think Adamek should get a shot at one of the champs next. Adamek v Haye in London? It would be huge.

Adamek versus either Sis would be large.

Adamek-Haye would be great.

Adamek vs. either Klit would be a bloodbath.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Apr 25 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #28

Guests

Chris Arreola fought a much better fight than expected as his power, size & pressure was finally slowing down Adamek who seemed to be slightly gassed by the end of the fight. Arreola just did not stop coming forward the impact of the punches were pushing the smaller Adamek back even when they were not clean. Tomasz Adamek used better movement, skills & timing to squeeze out his biggest win at Heavyweight.

Adamek looked a little bit soft in the ring as I read he has had a big increase in weight recently which the camp believed was for the better, I just hope he doesn't abuse the no weight limit to the Heavyweight division & remains in shape. TA should try work his way to a title shot against David Haye as it's one of the best fights to be made in the division & feel Ademak has done enough to earn a shot.

This post has been edited by ViperSniper: Apr 25 2010, 08:05 AM

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 25 2010, 09:17 AM
Post #29

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

two things bout last night i saw.. number one in the julio angulo fight i dont feel julio asserted his power enough... almost like he knew if he stood and fought he was a knockout waiting to happen.... i thought he would have to gain more respect from angulo earlier.... as for arreolla i think his weight is his albatross... ive seen some of his amature fights and he was a good fighter... but tell you what all of his fights are going to be fun as long as he fights top opp... if i had a fight i'd like to see at heavy it would be chris arreolla vs. sam peter... lol... that shit would be fun and would make for a good undercard fight to a major fight card... just my take...

on a side note lil lightsout dont forget our sig bet... lol.... less than a week now. lol...

+Quote Post
JD
post Apr 25 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #30

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

I wouldn't really say Arreola held his own against Vitali.

I had last night 116-112 Adamek. Arreola actually was in shape, as far as shape goes for him, I think they both put on a terrific fight. Without the arm injury there is a good chance this ends in a draw. Terrific fight.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 06:22 AM