IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11:15(ET),10:15(CT), 8:15(PT)-Arreola vs. Adamek, SPOILERS: 15 Minutes Following Start Times (Keep Everything Here)
BigG
post Apr 25 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #31

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I thought it was 9-3 Adamek.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Apr 25 2010, 10:47 AM
Post #32

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 25 2010, 11:24 AM) *
I thought it was 9-3 Adamek.

That's a little to much for me. 7-5, 8-4 sounds about right.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 25 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #33

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Some thoughts on this fight...

1. Both guys made a good showing.

2. I like Adamek even though he's from The Eastern Hemisphere...lol

3. Arreola looks like/has the class of a bacon wrapped chicken nugget.

4. LMAO @ "I am Highlander.".

5. Adamek has a good chin, but I see it failing him at Heavy.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Apr 25 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #34

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Those were some solid fights on HBO last night. I thought Adamek fought well against Arreola in the early and late rounds. There were some dicey moments in those middle rounds, and I actually thought Arreola was going to get him out of there. However, Adamek caught that 2nd wind and I gave him rounds 6,7,8,9,11, and 12. Overall I thought he won 116-112, but there were some close rounds in there and it was tough to score at times. Arreola needed to snap that jab more. Every time he did, he drove Adamek back on those ropes. Adamek was slipping and sliding, and I'm kind of shocked he didn't get knocked down. It was a good fight though.

Julio just got worn down round after round. He had it going early on, and looked sharper than he's ever looked. However, he needed to get some more respect with that power. He was moving too much, and Angulo had no worries about his power. Hell of a knockout too.

+Quote Post
Michigan Assassi...
post Apr 25 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #35

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,341

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 25 2010, 10:47 AM) *
That's a little to much for me. 7-5, 8-4 sounds about right.

Yeah but I think 8-4 at best. I can't see it any closer than that. 117-111 wasn't out of line but I'm gonna rewatch it today.

+Quote Post
Michigan Assassi...
post Apr 25 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #36

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,341

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 25 2010, 12:14 PM) *
Those were some solid fights on HBO last night. I thought Adamek fought well against Arreola in the early and late rounds. There were some dicey moments in those middle rounds, and I actually thought Arreola was going to get him out of there. However, Adamek caught that 2nd wind and I gave him rounds 6,7,8,9,11, and 12. Overall I thought he won 116-112, but there were some close rounds in there and it was tough to score at times. Arreola needed to snap that jab more. Every time he did, he drove Adamek back on those ropes. Adamek was slipping and sliding, and I'm kind of shocked he didn't get knocked down. It was a good fight though.

Julio just got worn down round after round. He had it going early on, and looked sharper than he's ever looked. However, he needed to get some more respect with that power. He was moving too much, and Angulo had no worries about his power. Hell of a knockout too.

I was loving the Angulo - Julio fight but then some Mexican dumped his beer over the head of a Polish dude in my section and there was almost a rumble. So I missed a few of the middle rounds unfortunately.

This post has been edited by Michigan Assassin: Apr 25 2010, 12:30 PM

+Quote Post
Thegreatequalize...
post Apr 25 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #37

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,603

i had it 8-3 with one even round. i thought a lot of the rounds were close, so i could see someone scoring it a draw. they were both landing good shots. adamek is a great fighter but i think the klits are too big for him, though i could see vitali getting old and losing a decision for some reason, but only if he got old. haye vs. adamek looks like it would be a good scrap between what appears to be two of the best real heavyweights (as opposed to super heavys).

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 06:27 AM