IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greatest News I've heard all year!!!!, John "The Quiet Man" Ruiz Announces His Retirement
Col Reb
post Apr 26 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

He is such a nice guy, too bad he was never liked by boxing fans. While his style was terrible with Stone, he did try to change it in his later years. I love that pic with Valuev too; Nikolai lost some of his mojo after shaving his body and getting rid of the neanderthal look. Never was the same since! LOL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 26 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #12

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This is GREAT news!!!!

The only better news than this would be Mayweather losing or losing by getting KTFO! LOL!

No, actually, getting back to Ruiz, Stone was such a POS, but he was the only entertaining POS to a fighter whom the WBA adopted as its bastard child getting chance, after chance, after chance at its heavyweight belt. Seeing Tua smoke Ruiz way back than is/was one of my favorite KO's in boxing! But at least Ruiz wasn't arrogant like Floyd is. That was ONE good thing about John. He didn't go around proclaiming he was "hot shit." The "Quiet Man" at least didn't duck fighters. Ruiz made no excuses for not fighting guys.

Ruiz was very average, but at least to his credit, fought everyone. Mayweather, one of the top P4P fighters of today, is hated so much for his personality as Ruiz is for his boring clinching style. In other words, two hated fighters, but for totally different reasons.

Jack

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 26 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #13

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

ROFL.... i read this early today but was waiting for the thread... lol...

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 26 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #14

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 26 2010, 11:18 AM) *
I know it's going to sound crazy...but I honestly think the division is that much more uninteresting without Ruiz in it.

Even if you HATED him....at the very least he got an emotional response from you....that's something very few HWs do today.

BUT...it's time, 18 years in the sport as a HW is a good long run.

And even though he lost his last fight....he displayed heart and being game....so it's not a bad one to go out on...and who knows...IF Haye goes on to do something spectacular....it's really not a bad one to go out on.

You remember when a fat tubby out of shape Toney embarrassed Ruiz? And to think of all the heavies Ruiz beat and gave tough challenges to.

+Quote Post
enigma1969
post Apr 26 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #15

Featherweight

Member No.: 308

QUOTE (Method @ Apr 26 2010, 03:00 PM) *
Never ducked anyone, but clinched EVERYONE!

This should be a cause of extreme celebration.

Still.

I will say this for John Ruiz.

I was not a fan of his style of fighting ( who was?!) but he got more out of his talents than more naturally talented fighters than himself.

He did achieve more as a Heavyweight than David Tua, Andrew Golota, Ike Ibeabuchi ever did combine. None of them claim a heavyweight title. Each of them wasted their prime years because of a lack of focus, will and desire.

Says a lot about John Ruiz's self-belief and ability to maintain focused on his craft of being an professional prizefighter.

This post has been edited by enigma1969: Apr 26 2010, 07:44 PM

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 26 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #16

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Apr 26 2010, 02:02 PM) *
He is such a nice guy, too bad he was never liked by boxing fans. While his style was terrible with Stone, he did try to change it in his later years. I love that pic with Valuev too; Nikolai lost some of his mojo after shaving his body and getting rid of the neanderthal look. Never was the same since! LOL

When did this happen??

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Apr 27 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #17

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 27 2010, 01:00 AM) *
You remember when a fat tubby out of shape Toney embarrassed Ruiz? And to think of all the heavies Ruiz beat and gave tough challenges to.

You left out juiced to the eyeballs as well.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 27 2010, 02:47 AM
Post #18

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 27 2010, 03:41 AM) *
You left out juiced to the eyeballs as well.

LMAO! Yeah steroids played a big role in that fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) Did you even look at Toney's body in that fight? He looked more like a sumo than a pro boxer.

The ONLY reason Toney toyed with Ruiz is a word called SKILL. Period. If you can not understand that, I am sorry. Your hate always gets in the way of logic when assessing Toney. Nice try though.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 27 2010, 03:10 AM
Post #19

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 27 2010, 04:03 AM) *
A steroid isn't used primarily for physical benefits, so what Toney looked like shouldn't matter a great deal. There have been many fat weight lifters as well.

What possible benefits did Toney attain by taking the type of Roid he took? Also, do not remember specifics, but was he not on something for an injury or something like that?

I know fat powerlifters take roids to increase strength for competitions and such, but I question what would it benefit Toney in a boxing match?

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Apr 27 2010, 03:45 AM
Post #20

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 27 2010, 09:10 AM) *
What possible benefits did Toney attain by taking the type of Roid he took? Also, do not remember specifics, but was he not on something for an injury or something like that?

I know fat powerlifters take roids to increase strength for competitions and such, but I question what would it benefit Toney in a boxing match?

So it is OK to use Stanozolol because it does not give a fighter benifits? Is it a coincidence that this was the heaviest Toney had weighed at heavy yet is regarded by many as his most impressive fight at heavyweight?

In bodybuilding stanozolol is typically "stacked" with other testosterone-based anabolic steroids. Stanozolol is liked by many due to the fact it causes strength increases without excess weight-gain, promotes increases in vascularity,and will not convert to estrogen. It also does not cause excess water retention, and even sometimes is thought to have a diuretic effect on the body.

Stanozolol is commonly used by athletes and bodybuilders alike to lose fat while retaining lean body mass. It is usually used in a "cutting cycle", to help preserve lean body mass

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:04 AM