IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greatest News I've heard all year!!!!, John "The Quiet Man" Ruiz Announces His Retirement
The Ollie Reed F...
post Apr 27 2010, 04:56 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 27 2010, 04:45 AM) *
So it is OK to use Stanozolol because it does not give a fighter benifits? Is it a coincidence that this was the heaviest Toney had weighed at heavy yet is regarded by many as his most impressive fight at heavyweight?

Steve who are these mythical 'many' that proclaim that as his most impressive HW performance? We all know that was the Holyfield fight. I actually thought he looked better against Booker (opposition not withstanding) and briefly in the 2nd Rahman fight. Maybe even the Guinn one as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Apr 27 2010, 04:59 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 26 2010, 03:28 PM) *
This is GREAT news!!!!

The only better news than this would be Mayweather losing or losing by getting KTFO! LOL!

No, actually, getting back to Ruiz, Stone was such a POS, but he was the only entertaining POS to a fighter whom the WBA adopted as its bastard child getting chance, after chance, after chance at its heavyweight belt. Seeing Tua smoke Ruiz way back than is/was one of my favorite KO's in boxing! But at least Ruiz wasn't arrogant like Floyd is. That was ONE good thing about John. He didn't go around proclaiming he was "hot shit." The "Quiet Man" at least didn't duck fighters. Ruiz made no excuses for not fighting guys.

Ruiz was very average, but at least to his credit, fought everyone. Mayweather, one of the top P4P fighters of today, is hated so much for his personality as Ruiz is for his boring clinching style. In other words, two hated fighters, but for totally different reasons.

Jack

Scratch that. My favourite KO of all time. To be honest I lost all interest in Ruiz when Stoney got the heave. Without Stoney he was plain boring. But with Stoney.......shoot I used to wait the 3 minutes so we could get to the 1 minute in between rounds, not to mention if it went to the scorecards............. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Apr 27 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (enigma1969 @ Apr 26 2010, 08:41 PM) *
This should be a cause of extreme celebration.

Still.

I will say this for John Ruiz.

I was not a fan of his style of fighting ( who was?!) but he got more out of his talents than more naturally talented fighters than himself.

He did achieve more as a Heavyweight than David Tua, Andrew Golota, Ike Ibeabuchi ever did combine. None of them claim a heavyweight title. Each of them wasted their prime years because of a lack of focus, will and desire.

Says a lot about John Ruiz's self-belief and ability to maintain focused on his craft of being an professional prizefighter.

Well considering Ike went to jail that wouldn't be hard. Golota was insane and probably should be in jail as well and Tua due to woeful mismanagement never had as many opportunities as Ruiz, because if he had he would've won a belt as well.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 27 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #24

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 27 2010, 04:45 AM) *
So it is OK to use Stanozolol because it does not give a fighter benifits? Is it a coincidence that this was the heaviest Toney had weighed at heavy yet is regarded by many as his most impressive fight at heavyweight?

I never said it was okay, I said skill is what beat Ruiz. Many actually thought this what Toney's
best fight at heavy???Are you kidding me? Toney looked better in other heavyweight fights than this one, he looked like shit to me against Ruiz. Though he still beat him due to his skill set.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Apr 27 2010, 09:14 AM

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Apr 27 2010, 09:26 AM
Post #25

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 27 2010, 05:56 AM) *
Steve who are these mythical 'many' that proclaim that as his most impressive HW performance? We all know that was the Holyfield fight. I actually thought he looked better against Booker (opposition not withstanding) and briefly in the 2nd Rahman fight. Maybe even the Guinn one as well.

Oh... did not see this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) So we are on the same page about this NOT being Toney's most impressive heavyweight fight. Agree with the above, except definitely the Guinn fight. I thought he gave Dominic a nice little beatdown, and looked decent in the process. He actually fought better to me in the first Peter fight too.

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Apr 27 2010, 09:27 AM

+Quote Post
enigma1969
post Apr 28 2010, 12:29 AM
Post #26

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 308

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 27 2010, 11:03 AM) *
Well considering Ike went to jail that wouldn't be hard. Golota was insane and probably should be in jail as well and Tua due to woeful mismanagement never had as many opportunities as Ruiz, because if he had he would've won a belt as well.

Ike made his choice ... so did Golota ... and you blame Tua's people for him gaining so much weight?! No those fighters made their own choices and the aftermath of those actions rest on them.

I am not saying he was a better fighter. He was just more of a professional. Doing his best and continuing to stay active and work hard.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Apr 28 2010, 06:02 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (enigma1969 @ Apr 28 2010, 12:29 AM) *
Ike made his choice ... so did Golota ... and you blame Tua's people for him gaining so much weight?! No those fighters made their own choices and the aftermath of those actions rest on them.

I am not saying he was a better fighter. He was just more of a professional. Doing his best and continuing to stay active and work hard.

Tua's weight was a problem no doubt. However Tua unbelievebly only got one shot at the title. Would love to have seen how Jawny would've gone against prime Lewis. C'mon bro if Tua had got the exact same title shots Ruiz had are you telling me he wouldn't own a couple of straps? Pfft.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:40 PM