IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Board Seminar Question #3, The best answer(s) will go up on FightHype.com...
The CEO
post Apr 27 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #1

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

"If you were a trainer, what plan(s) would you develop to defeat Floyd Mayweather?"

Tomorrow evening is the cutoff date so lets get some answers in ASAP...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Apr 27 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

Just ask Margarito.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 27 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

( I posted this in question#2, but it got pushed back, so I hope more can see it now!)

Here's a good question about the Zale-Graaziano fight series:

It has been well documented by several boxing sources that of the three Zale-Graziano fights, only their third meeting was ever filmed. Do you guys think that the sources could be wrong about the other two fights, where it is possible that someone, somewhere had or has a kinescope of these two matches complete? It is well known that from the early days of TV from about the 50's-70's hundreds to thousands of shows were NOT preserved on videotape. At that time, nobody realized any marquee value of saving most TV programs. (The first two Superbowls, the first ten years of Carson's Tonight Show, and most World Series Games before 1975 are best examples of programs known to no longer exist, at least not in their entirety, or be "lost.")

Do you believe that the first two Zale-Graziano fights were never filmed? Or that they could have been filmed and the footage simply no longer exists?

Jack

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Apr 27 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #4

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Picture Floyd as a Dragon...then step on his tail, move to the side, and punch him in the mouth!

Woooooooo!

ps...Thanks for the help Naz!

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Apr 27 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

If I where training Shane I would work on throwing stiff thudding jabs (not the flickering jab that he has been known for) to disrupt Floyd's rhythm. Shane has the longer reach so I would try to exploit that advantage with cutting off the ring and pressuring Floyd in spots behind the Jab and Hard right hands to the body early in the fight. I would also have Shane backing off of him from time to time, making Floyd the aggressor just to give him a different look and work on countering him. I give Floyd enough respect to bank on him countering Shane Jab with the over hand right so would work on Shane's head movement(I think that is where the towel from Brother Naz comes in). I would want Shane to mix it a bit with Floyd and impose his size on him so I would tell him to not be start to mix it up a bit with Floyd in the middle rounds. By that championship rounds come around I would want it to look like an all out war. I would tell Shane not let Floyd breathe let alone think in the ring. By that time IF my strategy is working Floyd punches should not be as dangerous and Shane would be able maul him a bit on his way to a decision win.

That said, I'm still picking Floyd by UD.

This post has been edited by The Conscience: Apr 27 2010, 04:28 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 27 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 27 2010, 11:24 AM) *
"If you were a trainer, what plan(s) would you develop to defeat Floyd Mayweather?"

Tomorrow evening is the cutoff date so lets get some answers in ASAP...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

The way to beat Floyd Mayweather is to apply pressure so that he can't do what he as always done so well in the past, box, jab, and, move. You have to get inside and pressure Floyd to the body, to the head, to the arms, anywhere, something that no fighter has done, or has at least been able to do since the first Castillo fight.

Than you have to hope that you don't have a "house ref" on Floyd Mayweather's side, who accuses you of holding, when you are working on punching Floyd to the body and to the head. Pressure is the name of the game in beating Floyd Mayweather. Mayweather has not had to deal with that type of pressure of a hard-punching inside fighter for many years. This kind of pressure can remove Mayweather's great boxing skills and force him into a "street-fight" which is not his style.

The problem is, I don't see Shane Mosley being able to apply that kind of pressure. In order for Shane to win this, he would have to be the fighter that he was in Delahoya I applying speed and pressure to Oscar forcing rapid-fire exchanges. Mosley no longer has the legs or reflexes to do that anymore. I still pick Floyd by close, but unanimous decision in a harder than expected fight. But Mosley often nowadays does not have a plan "B" and his increasingly hittable. If Shane's legs and body respond like they did against Vernon Forrest, Mosley could be in big trouble. Shane may be able to apply pressure in spurts, but it won't be enough to win.

Jack

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 27 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

I will ask my fighter to hit him in the arms, shoulders, chest and neck. When people go to Floyd's body these days they mostly hit elbows. You can;t him cleanly in the face either, at least not often. The arms and the shoulders at least are there. He's a special talent, it's hard because I don't even think he's got a weak chin. So even if you land flush he most likely would be able to take it well.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 27 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #8

SKULLSPLITTER

Good answers, guys...the Margarito answer says a lot for being so little...lol

btw...this is thread where I ask the Board a question, Jack...if you have a special question for ME, you can put it in the original Board Seminar thread...I'll bump that....probably won't use your question because it's not in my alley...lol...hope you understand...

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Apr 27 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #9

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 27 2010, 09:41 PM) *
Good answers, guys...the Margarito answer says a lot for being so little...lol

btw...this is thread where I ask the Board a question, Jack...if you have a special question for ME, you can put it in the original Board Seminar thread...I'll bump that....probably won't use your question because it's not in my alley...lol...hope you understand...

ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!

The People need to know!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Apr 27 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #10

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 27 2010, 09:46 PM) *
ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!

The People need to know!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

lol...be my guest....I'll use it if you can nail it pretty good...

in 250 words or less...lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:59 AM