+Quote Post
Douchebag
post Apr 28 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (jlupi @ Apr 28 2010, 10:39 AM) *

Tyson beats him IMO. How much did Louis weigh?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Apr 28 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 2,117

around 200

tysons best was around 217

you have to believe that if tyson could not end the fight early it swings in Joes favor. with tysons speed and power he is certainly can hold his own here. But as the fight wore on tyson would prob get discouraged. We may never know because at his peak he really never had a tough fight that went rds (maybe ruddock). In the other hard fights that went deep he folded although one can argue that he was out of shape or past his best. Ultimately you got to go with what you know.

louis had fast hands also and great short punch power.

This post has been edited by jlupi: Apr 28 2010, 05:39 PM

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Apr 28 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #4

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

Louis all day every day & twice on a Sunday.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 28 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #5

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Louis would crush Tyson..Why would Joe Louis' weight matter when he was KOing guys weighing 250+??He had fast hands,was extremely accurate,had really good balance,good footwork,good reflexes,,and had power in both hands..He'd time Tyson and knock his ass out..Louis knew how to use all of his weight into all his punches..His jab alone would be too much for Tyson..I don't see Tyson being able to stop that jab and a jab was a weakness for him since it kept him at bay..I had my friend watch Joe Louis and one of the first things he said was it was like Louis had a sixth sense..As soon as a guy would come to him,he'd move into his position he wanted at the same exact time like he knew every step his opponent was going to make..Louis also had the ability to punch while moving in any direction and maintain full power because he was so balanced..Balance is the most important thing a fighter can have..Louis also used a lot of feints to throw Tyson off or set him up for something big..Louis had an educated left hand to match his deadly right..

Louis by KO

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Apr 28 2010, 10:04 PM

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Apr 29 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #6

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

I agree with Jon's assesment except I would add the word brutal to KO.

Louis was the most balanced heavyweight I have ever seen. Some were faster, some were better movers, some hit harder, some jabbed better but none had the combination of attributes that he had. Truly the complete package.

Speaking of balance when was Joe ever off balance? His one failing was that he only punched in a small circumference & if you could stay outside that he would not punch. Billy Conn did that & then got brave & got knocked out for his trouble. Another beautiful fundamental Louis had is that he always slid his lead foot so his weight was evenly distributed & balanced. that way he could throw any punch in his arsenal.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Apr 29 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #7

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 29 2010, 12:46 AM) *
I agree with Jon's assesment except I would add the word brutal to KO.

Louis was the most balanced heavyweight I have ever seen. Some were faster, some were better movers, some hit harder, some jabbed better but none had the combination of attributes that he had. Truly the complete package.

Speaking of balance when was Joe ever off balance? His one failing was that he only punched in a small circumference & if you could stay outside that he would not punch. Billy Conn did that & then got brave & got knocked out for his trouble. Another beautiful fundamental Louis had is that he always slid his lead foot so his weight was evenly distributed & balanced. that way he could throw any punch in his arsenal.

Joe would slide both his feet..He never stepped unless he was out of range and nothing could happen..When he was in his zone,he would only slide..It's the hardest footwork to learn but I'm glad it's in my arsenal to keep me balanced at all times..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:04 PM