IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV:Mayweather/Mosley:6PM (PT), 8PM (CT), 9PM (ET), SPOILERS-15 Mins later. NO NEW SPOILER THREADS OR PUBLIC STREAMS!
Guest_Fitz_*
post May 1 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #31

Guests

Good win for Mayweather. He was very impressive and people wouldn't be so critical of him if he fought like this most of the time. You see him tonight and against Hatton and then see what he does with someone like Baldomir. This is how he must fight.
Also much credit to Mayweather from coming back from being pretty hurt in round 2. Kept his cool and stuck with his game plan. That showed what he is made of.

Mosley looked like garbage. Not sure if it was age, ring rust or what. It could have even been stage fright. But he looked lost, tense and nervous in there. He was gassed by round 7 which isn't common, and he wasn't overly active. I get the feeling it could have been nervous energy he was expending. He waited for Mayweather and you never try play chess with him and showed him too much respect.

Mayweather is a fucking idiot for holding Mosley up for his entrance. In the end, I was expecting some good grand entrance. The entrance wasn't worth the hype. Also why the fuck was Mosley introduced and came out first?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spyder
post May 1 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #32

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

Shane couldn't adjust to Floyd once he did. Shane tried to counter Floyd, but was always a step behind.

I don't know that Pac beats FLoyd, but he will definitely step on the gas when Shane should've.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post May 2 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #33

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,386

That fight went just as expected minus two punches in the 2nd round. Shane was only able to land two hard punches, and got dominated most of the fight. Styles make fights, and Mayweather's style would have always given Shane problems. I still think Shane has some fight left in him as well. This isn't the end of him, but Floyd is just on another level. Shane was so jittery and unsure of himself the whole fight. He was afraid to let his hands go, and Floyd was calm and collected. Shane also looked tired after the 5th round and really discouraged. Mayweather looked great tonight, and he'll look great in future nights. Pacquiao ain't got a shot against Floyd either. In fact, Pacquiao gets stopped by Mayweather, since he won't stop coming forward. They gotta make this fight though it would do 3 million ppv buys.

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post May 2 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #34

Welterweight

Member No.: 931

10-2 Mayweather.

I thought Shane would challenge him more than that, and in the first two rounds it looked like Shane was fuckin GAME. Floyd adjusted though, and Mosley didn't. Solid performance from Mayweather. He didn't make too many mistakes.

I don't think there's anyone from 154 down who can beat Floyd. That includes Williams and Martinez. In the Mosley fight, there was no drama because there was no challenge. Is there anyone out there who can really challenge Floyd? I think Pacquiao gets slaughtered too.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post May 2 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Spyder @ May 1 2010, 11:58 PM) *
Shane couldn't adjust to Floyd once he did. Shane tried to counter Floyd, but was always a step behind.

I don't know that Pac beats FLoyd, but he will definitely step on the gas when Shane should've.

Agreed. I think it was Stevenski who said in the pre-fight analysis that waiting on Floyd and letting Floyd take the lead is lethal in a fight. After having a great 2nd round Mosley came out and did exactly that. Once the 3rd was over I knew the fight was over.

Trying to counter Floyd is a pointless pursuit.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post May 2 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Quick observations

-Mayweather showed once again that he can take the shots like a champ and come back to dominate by making adjustments during the fight. Amazing adjustments.

-Mosley was doing the smart thing in the first 4 riounds; Make PBF go to him but he couldn't counter him.

-Mosley was digging to body something vicious in the last round. Too bad he couldn't do that before.

-Man that 2nd round was the most exciting round Mayweather has been in.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 2 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #37

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Well...I saw some Greatness.

It was sad seeing Shane get Owned like that...it now makes me think about how the prime vs. prime between them would go again...yep...gotta change my pick...Mayweather is simply a league above Mosley.....Shane is human that shuts down too....and after this fight, I don't see ANYONE shuttin' Floyd down, let alone beat him...

The way I see it is Mosley should have never hit May in the mouth...lol...because Naazim was half right...Floyd became a dragon...a merciful one at that...

Seriously...he let Mosley off the hook tonight...it was a kind gesture from the normally sadistic Mayweather.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 2 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #38

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Time for me to...

(IMG:http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/265954/EatCrow_medium.jpg)

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 2 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #39

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

I have a text from Big Slim Sweet sayin'...

Ok. If you can, tell em I said money may came through. The faggot cocksucker came through.

+Quote Post
rusty_trombone
post May 2 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #40

Cerebral Ape

Member No.: 5,390

Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy work

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 01:51 AM