IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV:Mayweather/Mosley:6PM (PT), 8PM (CT), 9PM (ET), SPOILERS-15 Mins later. NO NEW SPOILER THREADS OR PUBLIC STREAMS!
Box in Hand
post May 2 2010, 12:31 AM
Post #41

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

Mayweather will go down as the fighter with the least amount of punishment taken and the most amount of damage dulled out and that makes him King in my book. He's not better that Sugar Ray Robinson but he fights smarter for damn sure. Ray got hit quite a lot and is was his toughness and heart that got him out of the mud. Floyd just doesn't get hit that often and when he does he's able to weather because he isn't shell shocked from years of abuse.

This post has been edited by Box in Hand: May 2 2010, 12:31 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post May 2 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #42

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

I actually thought that Floyd beat Mosley worse than Marquez, Marquez never lost courage and kept on firing until the end. Mosley got scared and he shut it off. I think Floyd could've finished him if Mosley isn't such a clincher. If Mosley dd not hold all those round there is no doubt that he would've been hit a lot more.

On a side note, did Clottey throw more punches than Mosley against Pacman? I don't even know how compubox counted 400 something punches thrown by Mosley, there must be a mistake there.

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 2 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Fight went like I thought it would for the most part, with the exception being that Mayweather stood his ground more than I thought. Brother Naz was right when he said that "Floyd would turn into a dragon if he gets hit in the mouth" and thats EXACTLY what he did.

Floyd could have stopped Shane had he stepped on the gas a bit more but I can't really ask more of him than he did tonight. He went toe to toe with a big strong welterweight and beat him one sidedly. Impressive indeed.

And one thing that doesn't get mentioned is that Floyd does have heart. He was legitimately hurt in this fight a couple of times in that 2nd round and he came back stronger than ever. He had Mosley intimidated as the fight went on.

Only Pacquiao stands any sort of chance to beat this guy at 147. At 154, I give Martinez and Williams a chance. But anyone else I'm not even interested in seeing. Antonio Margarito, are you kidding me!!??!... Many on here suggested Floyd would get beaten by him. Unbelievable.... Cotto would have gotten stopped by Mayweather also. There are some guys who can challenge Floyd, but its only a handful of them.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post May 2 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 2 2010, 12:31 AM) *
Mayweather will go down as the fighter with the least amount of punishment taken and the most amount of damage dulled out and that makes him King in my book. He's not better that Sugar Ray Robinson but he fights smarter for damn sure. Ray got hit quite a lot and is was his toughness and heart that got him out of the mud. Floyd just doesn't get hit that often and when he does he's able to weather because he isn't shell shocked from years of abuse.

Woah woah woah there cowboy Ray Robinon had 200 professional fights. There really is no comparison. Had Ray only had to fight once a year for 20 million bucks do you think he would've fought a little differently? Making comparisons is almost pointless.

I'd say Ray's comp level was a little higher as well.

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post May 2 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #45

Welterweight

Member No.: 6,422

I been meaning to ask, who the hell is this?

(IMG:http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/PR316/normal_Olivia_01.jpg)

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post May 2 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #46

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

OK I broke down & ordered this pile of shit.

First things first. Mayweather gets NO credit for this one whatsoever. He beat a 38 year old guy with 5 losses after a 18 month layoff. He did what he was supposed to do. You don't get credit for doing the job you are paid to do & he certainly did not go above & beyond.

Mayweather looked good in there tonight but he is a prime 4 year old racehorse running against one ready for the glue factory. I am hardly suprised. I have to say I was disgusted with Bayless as well. His interference was unneccesary & how many times does he need to caution a fighter before something is done?

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post May 2 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #47

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 1 2010, 11:42 PM) *
Woah woah woah there cowboy Ray Robinon had 200 professional fights. There really is no comparison. Had Ray only had to fight once a year for 20 million bucks do you think he would've fought a little differently? Making comparisons is almost pointless.

Just waiting for that type of reaction. I said Ray is better but took more punishment and that is a fact. I have both fighters careers on DVD and Ray took a lot of punishment. It's not a diss, Ray is my all time fav followed by Ali. BUT, May takes less punishement than anyone I've ever seen and when he finally gets hit he takes it because he's not shell shocked like so many others. His style is built for longevity where other fighters are shop worn by 30.

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 2 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 2 2010, 06:48 AM) *
I been meaning to ask, who the hell is this?

(IMG:http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff215/PR316/normal_Olivia_01.jpg)

Its Olivia Molina. She's a Spanish actress.

+Quote Post
Method
post May 2 2010, 01:15 AM
Post #49

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 2 2010, 01:42 AM) *

Thank you.

+Quote Post
Rivado
post May 2 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #50

Middleweight

Member No.: 455

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 1 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Some random thoughts on the fight.

1. Not a great look to have Chris Brown in the background as Michael Buffer says "let's get ready to ruuuummmmbbbbllle."

2. Where was Hopkins? This is probably GBP's biggest fight of the year.

3. Pretty much played out as most of us hoped it wouldn't. PBF took some good shots in round 2 and fair play to him. He neutralized Mosley and imposed his gameplan on him. Cemented as best p4p in the posrt and no.1 WW in the world.

4. Shane could've definately done with a warm-up fight. I thought the advice of Richardson in the corner was EXCELLENT Shane just didn't seem able to implement it.

5. Interesting that after the fight when Merchant asked PBF about his strategy he first mentioned it as being a strategy that his father had come up with. Was quick to then mention Roger but I thought it was a telling slip of the tongue.

5. Beardo's post have been hilarious. I only hope he doesn't get too drunk and takes someone up the side of a hill...................

quuick random here...

Mariah looking HOT as fuck tho in that red thing she was wearing OH LORD!

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:02 AM