Post #1

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Whats going on with Rock Allen?

He's Nazzim Richardon's son BTW

2004 Olympian.

But recently he's been very inactive?

He has a great team with Naz, BHOP, Shane, John David Jackson, and those guys and I've watched him a couple of times and he's shown good talent and skills?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoop
post May 8 2010, 02:28 AM
Post #2

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

I was asking the same question when I watched 24/7. Is it just me or does he look noticeably bigger?

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post May 8 2010, 04:49 AM
Post #3

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

Yea he looked kind of heavy to me as well. I was thinking he would probably use the time in the Mosley camp to some what prepare for his next fight but nothing has been said about who he is fighting next.

+Quote Post
Method
post May 8 2010, 07:05 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,253

I saw him in Vegas and spoke to him. He said he tore his shoulder up (rotator cuff?), but that he'd be back soon enough.

+Quote Post
pcraw
post May 8 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #5

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

QUOTE (Method @ May 8 2010, 07:05 AM) *
I saw him in Vegas and spoke to him. He said he tore his shoulder up (rotator cuff?), but that he'd be back soon enough.

Beat me to it. Lol. Yeah I spoke to him out there as well and he said hopefully this summer, but was rehabbing a pretty bad shoulder injury for awhile. He's a couple pounds over his fighting weight now though.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post May 10 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #6

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

That guy was a good amateur until he met Lamont Peterson...it seems that he suffers from the Jeff Lacy curse.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post May 10 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Spyder @ May 10 2010, 11:42 PM) *
That guy was a good amateur until he met Lamont Peterson...it seems that he suffers from the Jeff Lacy curse.

Elaborate please. I remember hearing he had a controversial win over Devon Alexander to make the 2004 Olympic team, but what's with this with Peterson?

I have seen a few of Allens amateur fights, we fought at the same weight, but I never fought him. In 1999(I believe) I was one fight away from fighting him but lost I split decision to kid who eventually lost decision to Rock.

+Quote Post
Method
post May 11 2010, 06:06 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,253

Rock has some solid amateur wins.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post May 11 2010, 09:52 AM
Post #9

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 11 2010, 12:47 AM) *
Elaborate please. I remember hearing he had a controversial win over Devon Alexander to make the 2004 Olympic team, but what's with this with Peterson?

I have seen a few of Allens amateur fights, we fought at the same weight, but I never fought him. In 1999(I believe) I was one fight away from fighting him but lost I split decision to kid who eventually lost decision to Rock.

Rock Allen was ranked number 1 by USA Boxing, until Peterson started beating him on the regular. I said Jeff Lacy, who was also a solid amateur, but Rock actually shares a closer path to Andre Berto...Berto was the top dog at 152 until his nemesis, Juan McPherson, found his number.

I'm not sure what ever happened to McPherson...maybe an injury?....but he was a tall, slick southpaw that could give anyone trouble. Boxrec has his last fight in 2007, with a record of 7-0.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post May 11 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Spyder @ May 11 2010, 10:52 AM) *
Rock Allen was ranked number 1 by USA Boxing, until Peterson started beating him on the regular. I said Jeff Lacy, who was also a solid amateur, but Rock actually shares a closer path to Andre Berto...Berto was the top dog at 152 until his nemesis, Juan McPherson, found his number.

I'm not sure what ever happened to McPherson...maybe an injury?....but he was a tall, slick southpaw that could give anyone trouble. Boxrec has his last fight in 2007, with a record of 7-0.

Thanks for the info man. That's pretty cool you were up on the amateur scene.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 04:04 AM