Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official South Africa World Cup 2010 thread
lloyd mayflower
post May 27 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

I agree. His legacy has nothing left to gain. He basically forged the worlds most successful club up from a club on its knees. He of all people deserves his retirement. I think he'll probably feel the same. I think the hunger will go after leaving. I'v always had a soft spot for United but worry about what will happen to them once Fergie goes. Whoever comes in is going to have to bend over for the Glazers constantly. That shower of leeching cunts is probably dying for Fergie to throw it in cos he's absolutely untouchable and they want a yes man.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 27 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Ferguson never really speaks of retirement. He sort of takes the "lets wait and see" approach as an answer whenever it seems to come up of how much longer does he want to continue. I think when he's gone, the EPL will definitely miss him. He's such an integral part to not just United but the league in general.

I believe Fabio Capello is going to retire after the World Cup. So its curious to see whom will succeed him.

Seems that Real Madrid has hit a snag trying to sign Mourinho because Jose has not yet been able to break contract ties with Inter.

Word is Cesc Fabregas wants out and he wants to follow David Villa to Barcelona. Cesc has been pretty vocal this off season much to my surprise. Usually he's the first to commit to the Arsenal cause and say "I'm staying no matter what." But this time he's really flirted with Barca alot and has basically been inviting them to make them move, not to mentioned the rumored meeting he had with Arsene Wenger in which he supposedly told him that he wants out.

This Summer is gonna be eventful.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post May 27 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Yep, between the World Cup and all the movement that follows one, it should be good. I for one cant wait. My Saturdays are quickly becoming pointless and boring. I NEED football soon!!!! Close season is particularly bad for my liver!

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 27 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 27 2010, 02:06 PM) *
Yep, between the World Cup and all the movement that follows one, it should be good. I for one cant wait. My Saturdays are quickly becoming pointless and boring. I NEED football soon!!!! Close season is particularly bad for my liver!

LOL!!!!.... Me too!!!

+Quote Post
Maxy
post May 27 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #25

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Yeah just counting the days down until the world cup starts. Can't wait, even though I have a deep down sinking feeling of reality that as far as England are concerned it will all end as it always does....in frustrating disappointment.

Fabregas has finally realised that now is the time to move on, or in his case, move back to his beloved Barca. No surprise there really. It has always been on the cards and even the most staunch die hard Arsenal fans have accepted that.

Barca will be stronger next year with Fab and Villa adding to their already illustrious squad. Mourinho will sign for Madrid, no doubt about it. How will he set his side up though. There is no way the Madrid fans will accept the sort of football he played to beat Barca in the semi's, no way. They demand entertainment and it'll be interesting to see how he puts his teams out to play the game.

United are in a major debt crisis. I'm not worried too much yet because we still have the manager and the players to achieve good things. However, if it turns out we don't have the funds to strengthen the squad I'll take it on the chin. I've been spoiled for years but I still remember the days when things weren't so great so I'm ready for the slump.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post May 27 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Maxy @ May 27 2010, 07:19 PM) *
Yeah just counting the days down until the world cup starts. Can't wait, even though I have a deep down sinking feeling of reality that as far as England are concerned it will all end as it always does....in frustrating disappointment.

Fabregas has finally realised that now is the time to move on, or in his case, move back to his beloved Barca. No surprise there really. It has always been on the cards and even the most staunch die hard Arsenal fans have accepted that.

Barca will be stronger next year with Fab and Villa adding to their already illustrious squad. Mourinho will sign for Madrid, no doubt about it. How will he set his side up though. There is no way the Madrid fans will accept the sort of football he played to beat Barca in the semi's, no way. They demand entertainment and it'll be interesting to see how he puts his teams out to play the game.

United are in a major debt crisis. I'm not worried too much yet because we still have the manager and the players to achieve good things. However, if it turns out we don't have the funds to strengthen the squad I'll take it on the chin. I've been spoiled for years but I still remember the days when things weren't so great so I'm ready for the slump.

Dont think I could accept those debt problems so lightly. Its fuckin immoral buying something with borrowed money, then saddling them with the debt. Man U's debt isnt Man U's, its that hairy faced wanker Glazers. Thats shit should be illegal

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 27 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

I always thought you guys would find a way to control your debts. I had heard rumors that United were going to consider making a move for David Silva so I then figured even more ok these guys have some funds to work with.

Chelsea have alot of money so they can strengthen but as of yet I've seen no immediate moves from them. Liverpool have a huge debt and thats gonna be hard for them to get through and then Arsenal have some money to spend but there's a serious question of ambition at that club right now as we speak.

Maybe thats a huge reason in why Fabregas is trying to return home. Arsenal fans are frustrated and rightfully so. Wenger appears happy with the squad he has and he only wants to add a GK and CB. Cesc has to know that is not nearly enough to compete with Man United and Chelsea and he's probably fed up with having to carry mental midgets like Diaby and Denilson. Fabregas is as loyal to AW as any player has ever been and so when you see the likes of Cesc throwing the towel on Arsene Wenger, its a clear sign of the lack of ambition that the club is retaining. Such a shame too because Arsenal are an absolute joy to watch play on their day. And Cesc is their centerpiece. Without him, they're gonna be lost at sea.

Barca are going to have an UNBELIEVABLE team next year. Its just gonna be out of sight. I don't know how Madrid even with the Special One are going to be able to stop them. Those fukers are gonna have a PERFECT team. Guardiola now has almost all the players that he wants. He begged for Villa last summer, has got him now, and he's been asking about Cesc for quite some time now, and I'm willing to bet thats the reason that Yaya Toure is looking for a way out of Barcelona.

Its gonna take one of Chelsea or Man United to stop Barcelona next season I'm afraid.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post May 27 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 27 2010, 02:32 PM) *
Dont think I could accept those debt problems so lightly. Its fuckin immoral buying something with borrowed money, then saddling them with the debt. Man U's debt isnt Man U's, its that hairy faced wanker Glazers. Thats shit should be illegal

Oh don't for a minute think I've accepted the debts. I'm Green and Gold til the club is sold all the way. I'm just taking the position of a worst case scenario because I've always been a pessimist.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post May 27 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #29

Yeah PR316, Barca, on paper, are going to be even better but that doesn't mean they will run away with everything. Fabregas is hoping to leave for them because it's his home town club and all that but I don't think it has anything to do with a lack of ambition on Arsenal's part. Honestly, I just feel that Wenger has had his hands tied when it comes to finances so he hasn't been able to invest in the team in the way he would like.

I'll take delight in Liverpool's continued demise if we can't compete for the top players anymore (for the time being). It does take the pain away. I mean that.

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 28 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

True. Its only on paper. But the rest of La Liga unfortunately has really been left behind and the gap is just getting bigger and bigger. We'll have to see. I hope the likes of Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal, etc. make it interesting at least.

But as far as the World Cup goes, whom do you guys say are the players to watch??... Whom are your potential candidates for the top scorer and the player of the tournament?

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 12:44 PM