Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sugar Ray Robinson Vs. Tommy "The HitMan" Hearns
Douchebag
post May 24 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,400

I got Ray by KO, I know there are some that think that Hearns wins this but I just don't see it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 24 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

SRR lost to a Jake Lamatta--- a midget with less skills in comparison to Hearns... so the possibility of Tommy winning are not out of the question If Tommy decided to Box this would be a chess match. Very good fight. You got to favor SRR because of his chin.. also at what weight 147 or middleweight.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post May 24 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 24 2010, 01:17 PM) *
SRR lost to a Jake Lamatta--- a midget with less skills in comparison to Hearns... so the possibility of Tommy winning are not out of the question If Tommy decided to Box this would be a chess match. Very good fight. You got to favor SRR because of his chin.. also at what weight 147 or middleweight.

This is at welter and Ray only lost to Lamatta when he first went to 160. After that Lamatta face loss after loss at the hands of Ray.

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 25 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

50-50 fight because Robinson had been dropped and badly hurt by the likes of Tommy Bell and Artie Levine, not to mention the loss in his 2nd fight with Lamotta, whom outweighed him by about 12 pounds on the night of that fight.

You have to favor Robinson though. But it would be very tough for him. Hearns was like a praying mantis. His reach was freakish for a weltweright(78 I believe) and Robinson was about a 73 or 74 I wanna say. Hearns right hand when perfectly delivered was capable of knocking out anything that weighed 147 pounds and Robinson would have to taste quite a few of them.

I think its stars slow with Hearns getting the better of it from long range, and then Robinson decides he has to go after Hearns, damning the consequences. It'll take a while but by the mid rounds Robinson will find Hearns with those brutal bodyshots and his right hand left hook combination. And when he does, I think that'll be too much for Tommy to be able to handle. Ray would break him down.

Robinson via 12th round TKO,.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 25 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #5

Welterweight

YOUR ASSESSMENT is what I had in my head regarding Rays body work.. He could really go the body in savage brutal fashion

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post May 26 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #6

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 24 2010, 12:07 PM) *
I got Ray by KO, I know there are some that think that Hearns wins this but I just don't see it.

I agree..Ray would KO Hearns..Ray had more power than we know..

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 27 2010, 10:05 AM
Post #7

Welterweight

At middle weight and Light heavy? leans towards hearns at those weights

+Quote Post
caneman
post May 27 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #8

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

Tommy was a badass but Ray would tag that chin & Tommy's legs would be gone IMO! Ray wins with no problem IMO!

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post May 27 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #9

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

Basilio had said Robinson hit harder than anyone he ever fought..I really feel we don't know how hard Robinson really hit..Even after watching him KO Fullmer,I still feel his power hasn't been given it's rightful dues..Robinson was a devestating 1 punch KO artist..

+Quote Post
PR316
post May 27 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Robinson's power is not underrated. He is recognized for alot for his ability to end a fight with one punch, with either hand. His power was truly chilling.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:10 PM