+Quote Post
PR316
post Jun 8 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Whomever lands first really.

Louis is faster and his punching technique is better so I go with him despite his somewhat shaky chin.

Louis KO 3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jun 8 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 6,540

Joe Louis TKO12

I assume this would be a 15 round fight and I just don't see Big George holding up. He will be blowing chunks by the 5th round.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jun 8 2010, 06:40 PM
Post #4

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

If George could tag him early I can see him winning by early stoppage but if it lasted more than 2 rounds George would be hamburger. Louis did everything better & I think George may be just too wild for a diciplined fighter like Joe.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jun 9 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #5

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

George would get outboxed badly..Louis would put him away early I think..If Ali KO'd George,Louis would hospitalize him..George would get owned by the crisp,stiff,and completely straight jab of Louis then get hit by some lethal right hands or left hooks..George may knock down Louis,but Louis was a warrior and would get up..

Louis KO 5

This post has been edited by JonnyBlaze: Jun 9 2010, 12:03 AM

+Quote Post
mosdef
post Jun 9 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 10,922

You guys are out of your mind. I bet Joe Fraizier could get the 190 pound Louis out there with his shakey chin. This aint schmelling max baer and those types the Foreman who lifted Frazier off the canvas walks through Louis in similar fashion. Too big, strong, jab to strong, power too much. Louis damned near gets killed indside 5 rounds.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jun 10 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #7

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (mosdef @ Jun 9 2010, 05:21 PM) *
You guys are out of your mind. I bet Joe Fraizier could get the 190 pound Louis out there with his shakey chin. This aint schmelling max baer and those types the Foreman who lifted Frazier off the canvas walks through Louis in similar fashion. Too big, strong, jab to strong, power too much. Louis damned near gets killed indside 5 rounds.

Max Baer killed 2-3 guys with his right hands so what are you talkin about??Makin it sound like he ain't shit..He has one of the hardest right hands in the history of boxing..Schmeling hit him with A LOT of right hands before he was done..Man you need to go back and watch some Joe Louis cause obviously you missed how much skill he had..Foreman wouldn't be landing any jabs on Louis,Louis' jab would lite him up..Was Buddy Baer who was like 6'7,250-260 too big for Louis??Foreman is a lot smaller than him and Louis broke his ankle with 1 right hand as well as broke his ribs too..Louis put Schmeling in the hospital for 4-6 weeks(2 in the US and the rest in Germany) after 2 minutes with him..He broke a few vertebrae in Schemelings back from one body shot,along with many other very serious injuries..

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jun 10 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #8

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

The only way George could win is if with his wild style is to catch Joe early & finish him within two. Joe is one of the most skilled if not the most skilled heavyweight fighters ever. The only way to beat Joe is to use a long jab & continuously circle not only moving away from Joe nut never letting him get set to punch. George never has & never will show such skill & patience he is a clubbing fighter & would whale into Joe's kill zone allowing himself to be caught with Joe's chopping punches.

Unless George gets lucky & lands a one in a million shot it is easy work for Joe.

Has anyone ever had a better short chopping hook than Joe? I don't think so.

+Quote Post
mosdef
post Jun 10 2010, 09:09 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 10,922

This would look like Tyson Michael Spinks... and Louis would be Spinks...

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Jun 13 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

This is an easy one for me to pick a winner in. George was a lot slower than Joe in terms of handspeed and dont forget Joe could also box George whereas Foreman would never attempt to box Louis. So George is always coming forward wide open, big, throwing his heavy shots at Joe who is able to time him seemlessly and counter with crisp straight punches through the middle. A classical boxer like Louis would enjoy himself in this fight and for those who argue he couldnt take Foremans shots I counter with the equally heavy hitting Max Baer. Once Louis starts putting his combinations together George is going to get hurt real bad. I would imagine this fight goes 7 rounds before Louis gets him out of there. Joe was the master and he would tame Foreman who really would be tailor made for Louis.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 09:17 AM