IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> 17yr old girl gets punched in the face by cop for jaywalking, Justified or too far?
Snoop
post Jun 20 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #41

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 20 2010, 11:26 AM) *
Was the Punch justified? Was it the best course of action? I say it was, just as a tazer shot, a kick to the ass or anything else to stop the situation would have been justified. The cop was alone and surrounded, and it was quickly getting out of control. The Snuffed the situation out as he should have. The girl didnt get punched in the face for jaywalking either, she got punched for laying her hands on a cop and interfering with an arrest

My whole thing is that I thought it made the situation worse because he may have snuffed her behavior, but it sure got everyone else around riled up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jun 20 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #42

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,386

Alright, I watched the video and have a couple opinions that haven't been discussed. First of all, this cop is lucky this didn't ignite an entire race riot. That cop is lucky he didn't die in that situation. What if somebody else pulls a gun, and he's there alone? I don't see anything wrong with the punch, as he felt the need to control the situation. Pepper spray or mace would have ignited the crowd as much as a punch too.

Also, it seemed like that cop had such a struggle with that woman? Aren't officers trained to take down suspects quicker and with more ease than that? Resisting arrest was so stupid, and her cousin getting involved was even more stupid. Jaywalking isn't exactly a serious offense, and the officer may have just let them go with a warning if they cooperate and are nice. I drive a red car, and get pulled over all the time for the dumbest shit. They just wanna see if they can rile you up. If you're calm and respectful they let you go. I've talked my way out of more than a couple tickets. People can be so stupid, and people forget that fact. Instead, they get caught up with the officer punching the girl. Well, maybe if these two idiots were calm from the get-go, this wouldn't have happened. I'm not going to blame a cop for making an impulse decision he felt necessary. He's being attacked by two people, what do ya do?

This incident also emphasizes stereotypes of blacks and whites in America. Racism sucks and is stupid, but to me this is the shit that keeps it going both ways. You all may disagree, and that's fine, but these types of incidents give both races a poor reputation.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jun 21 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #43

Heavyweight

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jun 21 2010, 03:11 AM) *
Alright, I watched the video and have a couple opinions that haven't been discussed. First of all, this cop is lucky this didn't ignite an entire race riot. That cop is lucky he didn't die in that situation.

This is exactly what I've been trying to say. Wrong or right, it was a foolish decision by the cop. Like I said, he's lucky Seattlities are so passive-aggressive.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jun 21 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #44

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

FUCK THE RACE CARD... black bitches for the most part exhibit zero race consciousness and in defense of a unruly black bitch who want to say that this was racial... again and the stupid ass was still resisting arrest to the point that the cop had to use more and more force... Only in America are women this damned lawless. I would have knocked the bitch out ... or i might have taken off my size 15 and smacked in her weave filled head. I for one was doing security at a club and was breaking up a fight only to have a bitch smack me in the face: My size 15 Nike was all upside her face. Afterwards about 10 white dudes said that was the coolest response they ever saw (girl was white)... I got shots of Jack Daniels all night. I am Black... the unruly bitch deserved what she got... she will know next time to HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT- IF I HAD PUSHED THE COP i WOULD BE SHOT AND that would be extreme, yet you don't get physical with COPS. period

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jun 21 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #45

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

Again i dont feel the punch was foolish. He snuffed out the situation. If he had slammed that first bitch onto the pavement right off the bat instead of trying to be gentle, peeps would still be saying he made the wrong decision for bouncing her dumb ass off of the pavement. he handled the situation, and the girls were arrested, end of story.

Justified force

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jun 21 2010, 08:22 AM
Post #46

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

Just got round to watching the video. That cop was lucky he didnt get filled in there. As for punching the bitch, well, Im pretty sure he would have punched me, but what I noticed more than anything else on that video was how pathetic his attempts were to arrest her in the first place. I dont know if he was apprehensive cos he was alone, if hes a shit cop or what, but even after he punched her he was fucking feeble. As soon as he decides to arrest her he should have slammed her face onto the bonnet of his car and cuffed her, if she resists that, then throw her onto the pavement, and get your elbow right on her face, pressing it right down so she can hardly speak. Maybe even tell her that if she doesnt play nice your going to slam your fist right into her temple.

In summary, bitch deserved it, cop was gay

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Jun 21 2010, 09:08 AM
Post #47

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

Whether the girl was black or green and whether the police officer was yellow or orange, the cop was right to do what he did.

If the crowd want to pull the race card....well, then they're the racist ones, right?

You don't try and stop a cop arresting someone....let alone placing your hands on them, so she got what she deserved imo.

Plus, we all got to watch the fottage and have a laugh.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jun 21 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #48

Heavyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 21 2010, 07:58 AM) *
Wait, I noticed the bold part. Was the issue for you about her being black?

I'm more focused on the rational during such a heated situation. I mean if he did this shit in Baltimore, LA or NY, things probably woulda gotten WAAAAYYY outta control. And we can argue to death that the cop was right, he should have hit her, blah blah blah, but it wouldn't change the fact as to what happened and that he should have been more calculated in his thinking.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jun 21 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #49

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

About seven years ago, in North Minneapolis, an officer fired at a suspect. The bullet deflected off the curb and hit a child. Now this was an accident. The whole community rioted that night, and even tipped over a news truck. They set anything they could on fire, and racial tensions were pretty high. That's the only reason I brought the race card out. The cop did have the right to do what he did, and I mentioned that. The women were acting really stupid, and putting your hands on a cop is a no-no. I'm not saying what the cop did was wrong or too extreme. All I'm saying is, if that shit happened in certain parts of North Minneapolis or other areas, that cop would be dead on the sidewalk. You are all right too, if anybody touches a cop they're getting hit or tazed. All I'm saying is, it's sad that this incident emphasizes stereotypes.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jun 21 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #50

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

Maybe the cop would be dead, and maybe he would have shot the next ass who laid their hands on him. dont assume that just because he was alone, that he cant defend himself in a life and death situation . his biggest mistake was trying to take it to easy on the first girl

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 09:46 PM