IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime: Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum(10PM ET/9PM CST), SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later (No Duplicate Threads Or Public Streams)
Warlord
post Jun 27 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #41

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 27 2010, 01:24 AM) *
You lost!

The sig-bet was for Overeem vs. Fedor, fuckstick. Overeem wasn't even on the card tonight.

Are you off your meds again?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Jun 27 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #42

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

Keep the shit talk to another thread.

This is a momentous thing in MMA. It would be like floyd losing for the first time. don't let shit started in another thread spoil this one.

Personally, i think Fedor will beat him fairly easily in a rematch. He could have easily kept it standing and owned Werdum, as i dont think Werdum has a chance of shooting in on Fedor and taking him down. Fedor put himself in a dangerous position against a very accomplished JJ practioner. No shame in losing to a guy of that quality while on the ground. If he had been stopped whle striking with Werdum, that would be a different story

I also had a bad feeling when i saw the fight signed.

Given the way the fight ended, with fedor virtually handing Werdum the submission, and not lookingh his usual self at all... i wonder if there had been problems coming into the fight. Whether he was truly focused on the task at hand.

No excuses though. He lost. He manned up in the interview. What more can you ask from a fighter losing for the first time.

Fedor drops down a slot in the rankings p4p. But seriously, Anderson Silva has shown his own serious faults in the cage in a couple of his last fights. I have him ranked behind fedor and GSP, with GSP as number 1 as of right now. Plus anderson has shown himself to be a bit of a piece of shit, blaming opponents for his own poor performance. He acts humble when he wins, which is classy, but true class is shown either in defeat or a poor performance. And blaming an overmatched opponent for not making you look good, when you yurself did nothing to press the fight... it stinks like a week old prawn

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 27 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #43

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 27 2010, 01:50 AM) *
Keep the shit talk to another thread.

This is a momentous thing in MMA. It would be like floyd losing for the first time. don't let shit started in another thread spoil this one.

Personally, i think Fedor will beat him fairly easily in a rematch. He could have easily kept it standing and owned Werdum, as i dont think Werdum has a chance of shooting in on Fedor and taking him down. Fedor put himself in a dangerous position against a very accomplished JJ practioner. No shame in losing to a guy of that quality while on the ground. If he had been stopped whle striking with Werdum, that would be a different story

I also had a bad feeling when i saw the fight signed.

Given the way the fight ended, with fedor virtually handing Werdum the submission, and not lookingh his usual self at all... i wonder if there had been problems coming into the fight. Whether he was truly focused on the task at hand.

No excuses though. He lost. He manned up in the interview. What more can you ask from a fighter losing for the first time.

Fedor drops down a slot in the rankings p4p. But seriously, Anderson Silva has shown his own serious faults in the cage in a couple of his last fights. I have him ranked behind fedor and GSP, with GSP as number 1 as of right now. Plus anderson has shown himself to be a bit of a piece of shit, blaming opponents for his own poor performance. He acts humble when he wins, which is classy, but true class is shown either in defeat or a poor performance. And blaming an overmatched opponent for not making you look good, when you yurself did nothing to press the fight... it stinks like a week old prawn

Co-sign.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 27 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #44

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I can't get over Fedor losing!!!! Didn't he drop Werdum early but was quickly caught by a choke hold that he could not escape from? It was so hard to see some of the ground grappling. But than again, I only just started watching MMA. Was that a quick stoppage? Considering that in the Cyborg woman's match it looked like her opponent was getting beaten to death.

Thank you Warlord for the on-going action!

Jack

Administrator

PS. Please take the SmackTalk to the Smack Talk Section. Or drop it altogether. This is a monumental upset in MMA and it's not fair to the others who are interested in discussing the match. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 27 2010, 12:24 PM
Post #45

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 27 2010, 07:43 AM) *
I can't get over Fedor losing!!!! Didn't he drop Werdum early but was quickly caught by a choke hold that he could not escape from? It was so hard to see some of the ground grappling. But than again, I only just started watching MMA. Was that a quick stoppage?

Uhh... no. Fedor tapped out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thank you Warlord for the on-going action!

No problem, my man, happy to do it when I can.

PS. Please take the SmackTalk to the Smack Talk Section. Or drop it altogether. This is a monumental upset in MMA and it's not fair to the others who are interested in discussing the match. Thanks.

I apologize for my stalker disrupting this topic, but I was left with little choice. I should have just ignored him, but he was following me from topic to topic, and sometimes you've gotta take a swat at a mosquito who isn't smart enough to leave well enough alone.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jun 27 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Fedor got reckless going in for the kill he tought Werdum was really hurt i've seen Fedor gets wild and reckless all the time but no one has made him pay until now.

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Jun 27 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #47

Welterweight

Member No.: 931

I don't think Fedor could have slammed Werdum like Rampage did to Arona. If you compare them, you can see they were in different positions. Let's take a look.

If you look closely, you can see that Arona did not have Rampage's head locked tightly at all. Rampage's left shoulder is in his guard, giving him more leverage.

As you see here, Fedor's head is completely locked. His arm looks pretty locked too, he probably would have broken it if he tried to lift Werdum up. There was nothing Fedor could do at that point. His mistake came when he rushed in trying to finish Werdum off. He should have been more patient.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jun 28 2010, 02:02 AM
Post #48

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jun 27 2010, 05:54 PM) *
I don't think Fedor could have slammed Werdum like Rampage did to Arona. If you compare them, you can see they were in different positions. Let's take a look.

If you look closely, you can see that Arona did not have Rampage's head locked tightly at all. Rampage's left shoulder is in his guard, giving him more leverage.

As you see here, Fedor's head is completely locked. His arm looks pretty locked too, he probably would have broken it if he tried to lift Werdum up. There was nothing Fedor could do at that point. His mistake came when he rushed in trying to finish Werdum off. He should have been more patient.

There were plenty of times Fedor could've slammed his way out of that triangle. He'd nearly freed himself several times already just through his wild thrashing. Another good example of dudes eating power bombs in that situation is Bob Sapp vs. Big Nog. Sapp was unsuccessful because Nog isn't human, but Werdum would've been unconscious the same as Arona, if Fedor hadn't panicked.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Jul 1 2010, 02:48 AM
Post #49

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

Tito Ortiz's response to Fedor loss
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fight...edor-Loss-25364

Tito Ortiz: Fedor finally fought somebody on a great level, and it just showed the mistakes that Fedor makes on the ground. Werdum is somebody that I actually know, and I did an interview in Dallas for ESPN Radio and I called it. I knew he was going to beat him. I just felt that once Fedor fought someone with great talent, he would finally get his loss. You canít believe the hype, as they say.

Has he ever been tested? Maybe once or twice? You canít say youíre the best in the world if you havenít competed against everybody in the world, and he hasnít. And I think by him not coming to the UFC put a big (stain) on his record. You can have a company back you and say youíre the best guy in the world, but until you compete against the best guys in the world, youíre not that guy. Thereís a lot more things going on behind the scenes, and itís not just Fedor making those decisions. Fedor is fighting for his country. But it is what it is, and it just proves that heís not invincible and that heís not one of the top heavyweights in the world. I think heís a decent fighter overall, but I was very proud of Werdum, though. Thatís what comes with hard work.

I didnít think heíd submit him that quickly, but once Fedor gets on top of you, he gets kind of messy and (throws) looping punches, and a lot of triangles and arm locks come into position. Werdumís a big guy and heís got some great triangles. When I rolled with him, he got me in a triangle, too. Heís a big guy who moves well and his jiu-jitsu game just shows how good he really is. Heís a former Abu Dhabi submission champ.

(Fedorís wins over ďCro CopĒ and Nogueira) were a long time ago. That was when he was in his prime, I guess you can say. He hasnít fought anybody on the UFCís level, and the best guys are in the UFC. Werdum was in the UFC. They let him go, and he signed with Strikeforce and I think itís kind of bad, you know, because Werdum is still a young guy whoís coming up and still getting better and better by the month.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 1 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #50

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 1 2010, 02:48 AM) *

Tito's a piece of shit. He's towing the company line now, after all the shit he had to say about the UFC just several months before? Fucking tool.

Fedor's comp record speaks for itself. There isn't a fighter on the planet, save Shogun Rua, with a record even remotely close to Fedor's.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 04:29 AM