IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV:6PM (PT) 8PM (CT) 9PM (ET) Chavez vs. Duddy, SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later. (No Duplicate Threads or Public Streams)
JLUVBABY
post Jun 27 2010, 01:48 AM
Post #11

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

roach has his whole gym juiced up.. on an unfunny note tho i noticed his parkinsons is getting worse... you can see it in his neck and facial muscles when he tries to talk... i wouldnt wish that affliction on anyone... it killed my grandmother...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jun 27 2010, 02:12 AM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

call me crazy but i think young julio beats cotto... thats a good fight now and is a good test to tell both fighters where they are at...

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Jun 27 2010, 04:10 AM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,263

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 27 2010, 12:12 AM) *
call me crazy but i think young julio beats cotto... thats a good fight now and is a good test to tell both fighters where they are at...

Great thought. I could see Arum pitting Cotto against Chavez Jr. in the future. Keeps money in house and the PPV could probably generate some decent numbers

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jun 27 2010, 04:32 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

I was really impressed by Jr tonight even though i expected him to beat Duddy i thought it would have been much closer. I give Roach props cause the Jr from his last fight would have struggled big time with Duddy instead of trying to fight like his old man he actually used his jab and height more often than before. This was justhi sfirst fight with Freddy but if he can continue to improve i agree with Jluve i could see Chavez beating Cotto.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jun 27 2010, 07:09 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 27 2010, 02:12 AM) *

ok, you're crazy.

Cotto would pick him apart with his jab.

And no way does Arum risk it. Did you see how many people were at the Alamodome? Chavez is one of the biggest draws in the sport and Cotto would expose him.

+Quote Post
d843
post Jun 27 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #16

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,697

QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 27 2010, 07:09 AM) *
ok, you're crazy.

And no way does Arum risk it. Did you see how many people were at the Alamodome? Chavez is one of the biggest draws in the sport and Cotto would expose him.
Cotto would beat the breaks off his monkey azz.Bob would never risk it,cotto would have to lose again & I don't see that happening anytime soon.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jun 27 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #17

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

CHAVEZ JR won, but if he gets hit like that in a few more fights he will be done in the sport in two years time. And is it me or does his father look weird in the face... looks like he had plastic surgery or something?

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Jun 27 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 27 2010, 06:09 AM) *
ok, you're crazy.

not disagreeing that cotto would win now... But I could see arum in two years setting this fight up when cotto is nearly done perhaps setting up a win to propel Chavez... And say cotto was to win I'm sure the puerto Rico vs Mexico build up would put alot of money in arums pocket especially since their house fighters. I mean honestly would a loss to cotto lose fans?? It's obvious his fans are die hards if they keep shelling out 25 bills for these lousy Latin fury cards

This post has been edited by EpTXCHAMP: Jun 27 2010, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jun 27 2010, 05:11 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 27 2010, 08:09 AM) *
ok, you're crazy.

Chavez is a huge draw and will get bigger if he sticsk with Roach and stays focused. I could honestly see Jr ekeing out a close decision over Cotto. At 6'2 Jr would tower over Cotto I could see Arum going for this one asap alot of money to be made HBO might even wanna do a 24/7 on this one given Jr's background.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jun 27 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

i say that cuzz yes jr got hit with some shots but cotto is not a defensive wizard either... and young julio seems to be using his height a lot better and utilizing his boxing skill a lot more than in the past... say what you want but chavez jr is not feather fisted like foreman... if foreman had a punch he would have had some moments in that fight... he just couldnt dent cotto where jr, although not a devastating puncher, has enough power to at least earn cottos respect... i think its a legit fight, and very winnable for young julio...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 07:29 AM