IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV:6PM (PT) 8PM (CT) 9PM (ET) Chavez vs. Duddy, SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later. (No Duplicate Threads or Public Streams)
D-MARV
post Jun 27 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #21

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

JLuv, you my boy BUT you're crazy! Cotto DESTROYS JCC Jr. If Jr did beat Cotto, Alex Ariza should be arrested on the spot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jun 28 2010, 01:03 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 27 2010, 08:18 PM) *
JLuv, you my boy BUT you're crazy! Cotto DESTROYS JCC Jr. If Jr did beat Cotto, Alex Ariza should be arrested on the spot.

No doubt Cotto should be the favorite but I think many will be suprsised at how competitve Jr. could be if he sticks to a game plan. Like i said I think Chavez can pull off a win i wouldn't bet on it but i think Cotto's slight decline and Jr's height and reach can give him lots of trouble.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jun 28 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #23

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Duddy has a tremendous chin... and I don't think the chin of Cotto can withstand the young Chavez Jr, although he cannot take many more fights like he and Duddy had and expect to be around more than a few years. Cotto would have to execute a perfect game plan where the jab is continuous.

+Quote Post
tottenham19
post Jun 28 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #24

Amateur

Member No.: 10,471

Duddy = no defense whatsoever, but a hell of a chin.

Cotto > Chavez Jr
Foreman > Duddy

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jun 28 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #25

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 27 2010, 07:18 PM) *

lol... d-marv im not sold on cotto not being damaged goods after the margarito fight and the pac beat down..... i agree with you that cotto would have to be considered the favorite going in but i will tell you what i saw in the fight with duddy that tells me chavez jr is more than competitive with cotto... the kid showed he is willing to bite down and gut it out in the trenches if he has to and i think his chin will stand up as long as its not repeatedly blasted on i think... with that said, unlike foreman, jr has a punch that will at least make cotto respect him before just coming in... with that said jr showed that under roach he's learning a lot more and fighting more the style of a long boxer puncher that he should be using... i talk a lot of shit on roach but juicing his fighters or not they have to have the technique as well to make it and you can see a difference in jr as a fighter as compared to his last time out.. like i originally said its a fight that cotto will take his share of punishment in... cotto should be the favorite but i would be more shocked if cotto white washed this kid rather than this being a very close competitive fight either way.. at this point in the game jr stands a very good shot at beating cotto and if the fight isnt made the more jr fights guys of the duddy type the better chance a win becomes for him but i think he's ready for that test now... IF that fight is made sooner than later expect jr to win it... arum stands to make a lot more with jr in the longrun than with a shopworn cotto..

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jun 28 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #26

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (tottenham19 @ Jun 28 2010, 09:51 PM) *

Cotto > Chavez Jr
Foreman > Duddy

id go with your cotto prediction before id go with foreman over duddy.. just my opinion but cotto showed how pressure bothered the hell out of foreman and duddy would bring it all night long and not having to worry bout getting hurt i could see duddy getting him out of there....

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jun 28 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #27

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (tottenham19 @ Jun 28 2010, 09:51 PM) *

Cotto > Chavez Jr
Foreman > Duddy

id go with your cotto prediction before id go with foreman over duddy.. just my opinion but cotto showed how pressure bothered the hell out of foreman and duddy would bring it all night long and not having to worry bout getting hurt i could see duddy getting him out of there....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:10 AM