Maybe Vitali... LOL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 3 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #22

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

No US Interest, the fights are on tape delay...save the money and spend it in the middleweights, tournaments, documentaries chronicling the tourneys, and then make the finals of the tourneys PPV. Showtime SHOULD make the final of the Super Six a PPV...you have all those fights, documentary TV shows promoting and documenting...there's enough of a following to make money on a PPV. Might do 300-400k, would you agree?

As for HBO dumping the heavies, you cant blame them. Its a GREAT move by HBO, IMO. Get the programming back on track. Maybe Hauser's articles getting to them.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 3 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #23

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

HBO needs to have a 140lb tourney. I think they would do well and the winner may become the next big thing in Boxing. Start it this fall and crown a champ by the end of next year or beginning of 2012.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 3 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #24

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I would grant a partial reconsideration for the Klitschkos only if they are in with an opponent who forces them into a war, otherwise probably not. (And the fight should be Live.)

HBO said they might do a per fight basis only with Haye or Adamak. But you can't blame them for saying no to the mismatches.

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 3 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #25

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Showtime SHOULD make the final of the Super Six a PPV...you have all those fights, documentary TV shows promoting and documenting...there's enough of a following to make money on a PPV. Might do 300-400k, would you agree?

Agree that the money is there, but boxing doesn't need more PPV's, it needs less. This is very cool of Showtime to be able to have the fans follow along in this tournament. I don't think it would be fair to make the climax a PPV only. Boxing promoters have to start thinking more about giving back to the fans, rather than nickel and diming them to death for PPV. Mutilate dish and cable services can add up to large amounts of dollars per month. PPV boxing on top of that has become a financial burden. This is great that Showtime subs will be able to see a climax without having to fork over more money.

Jack

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 4 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #26

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 3 2010, 11:55 PM) *
Agree that the money is there, but boxing doesn't need more PPV's, it needs less. This is very cool of Showtime to be able to have the fans follow along in this tournament. I don't think it would be fair to make the climax a PPV only. Boxing promoters have to start thinking more about giving back to the fans, rather than nickel and diming them to death for PPV. Mutilate dish and cable services can add up to large amounts of dollars per month. PPV boxing on top of that has become a financial burden. This is great that Showtime subs will be able to see a climax without having to fork over more money.

Jack

Careful Jack, you're starting to sound like SmartyBeardo.

+Quote Post
alaganza
post Jul 4 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #27

Lightweight

Member No.: 76

1. I don't blame HBO at all.

2. Showtime should investigate and maybe capitalize on the opportunity

3. Larry Merchant must be heartbroken now.

+Quote Post
JD
post Jul 4 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #28

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 3 2010, 06:55 PM) *
Ray Lewis has a neck like a bulldog... I'm willing to bet his chin would hold up. But whatever... it's just fantasy. Ray Lewis would beat Wlad's ass if they met in an alley.

Beat their ass in a game of football? Yes.

Beat their ass in an actual fight? I am going to confidently disagree...Ray Ray goes to sleep.

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Jul 4 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #29

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

I think it's obvious this was done to open up some dates and money for future fights in the 140lb division.. He mentions earlier that it is a Deep division and is interested in making fights with Devon,Bradley, and unfortunatley making khan vs Marquez even though a mismatch I would def like to see
that over a klit fight

This post has been edited by EpTXCHAMP: Jul 4 2010, 12:31 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 4 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #30

Guests

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 4 2010, 06:24 AM) *
A solution to the heavy boredom would be to make a Superheayweight division above 220 pounds --- that way you would have an interesting mix of guys going up around the 200 pound range like they used to be back in the Joe Louis days

Maybe we could name it cruiser weight division B.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:14 PM