Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV:10PM(ET), 9PM(CT), 7PM (PT) Lesnar vs. Carwin, SPOILERS: 15 Minutes Later
The CEO
post Jul 3 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #51

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

Dos Santos and Velasquez would get annihilated...they don't have the weight or power to hang...

Fedor and Overeem could hang and possibly beat Lesnar...Josh Barnett as well if we're bringin' up non UFCers...I'd make Fedor a slight favorite and Overeem & Barnett the slight dogs against Lesnar if they came off...

First things first though...Carwin deserves a rematch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigG
post Jul 3 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #52

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Carwin needs to seriosuly work on cardio...he was gassed after ONE round..I mean he looked dead..and HE was doing the pounding.

As for Brock, I'm just not impressed. He has horrible stand up. He's just a wrestler that grinds opponents down with his size and strneght. He's a good athlete but I don't consider him anything close to a great champion. Just my opinion.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 3 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #53

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (BigG @ Jul 4 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Carwin needs to seriosuly work on cardio...he was gassed after ONE round..I mean he looked dead..and HE was doing the pounding.

As for Brock, I'm just not impressed. He has horrible stand up. He's just a wrestler that grinds opponents down with his size and strneght. He's a good athlete but I don't consider him anything close to a great champion. Just my opinion.

You're such a fuckin' hater, G...lol

The Chin and Toughness of Brock Lesnar compels you!

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 3 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #54

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 3 2010, 11:33 PM) *
Dos Santos and Velasquez would get annihilated...they don't have the weight or power to hang...

Fedor and Overeem could hang and possibly beat Lesnar...Josh Barnett as well if we're bringin' up non UFCers...I'd make Fedor a slight favorite and Overeem & Barnett the slight dogs against Lesnar if they came off...

First things first though...Carwin deserves a rematch.

Dos Santos doesn't need size, actually, as long as he can avoid the takedown. Dos Santos can bang, and as we've seen again tonight, Lesnar doesn't deal well with getting punched in the face. He's really fucking atrocious on the feet.

Dos Santos just needs enough speed to avoid getting taken down. Carwin just gave up on his takedown defense because he was so fucking gassed. This fight would've been dramatically different had he discovered a heartbeat in the second.

Agree 100% with the rest of your post, except that I'd make Barnett a slight favorite as well. He's got the size and the pedigree to deal with Brock's girth.

Valesquez might as well go ahead and gift-wrap his balls and deliver them up to Brock's door. He has zero chance, as far as I'm concerned, outside of a fluke win which is always possible.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 4 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #55

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

Lesnar is the fucking TROOF!

No man can stand up to His fury.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 4 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #56

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 4 2010, 12:49 AM) *
Dos Santos doesn't need size, actually, as long as he can avoid the takedown. Dos Santos can bang, and as we've seen again tonight, Lesnar doesn't deal well with getting punched in the face. He's really fucking atrocious on the feet.

Dos Santos just needs enough speed to avoid getting taken down. Carwin just gave up on his takedown defense because he was so fucking gassed. This fight would've been dramatically different had he discovered a heartbeat in the second.

Agree 100% with the rest of your post, except that I'd make Barnett a slight favorite as well. He's got the size and the pedigree to deal with Brock's girth.

Valesquez might as well go ahead and gift-wrap his balls and deliver them up to Brock's door. He has zero chance, as far as I'm concerned, outside of a fluke win which is always possible.

I don't think his stand up will ever get any better either....but who needs stand up when you have the athleticism, size, and brute strength he has?...lol...that's what he should strictly do in his fights from now on...just rush 'em, take 'em down, and do his thing....fuck throwin' hands with meaning...and now everyone knows he has a chin...

I knew Brock Lesnar had a chin ever since that Shooting Star Press he attempted on Kurt Angle...where he landed on his head and finished the match with a full concussion...that's the type of botch that finishes guys' careers...I'm tellin' ya...this dude is tougher than a steel bag of iron...lol

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Jul 4 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #57

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Velasquez will take care of Lesnar when they meet.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Jul 4 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #58

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Lesnar doesn't have a chin...he got dropped with a weak uppercut for crying out loud.

Carwin just did a HORRIBLE job of finishing. Of course, it didn't help that the ref did everything possible NOT to stop the fight....shades of Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson.

No, seriously, props to Brock for surviving that 1st round beatdown and then submitting Carwin like he was a novice.

Still though, he SERIOUSLY has to work on his stand-up. I haven't read all the posts in here, but I think someone mentioned Junior Dos Santos giving him problems. I have to agree...Dos Santos might knock his ass out with a sneeze. LOL. It was DEFINITELY not a good luck to see Lesnar curling up in the fetal position after one uppercut. Pathetic. Still though, like I said, he survived. As soon as I saw Carwin coming out in the 2nd round touching gloves, I KNEW he was about to lose. Fuck that touching gloves bullshit...Carwin looked like he was content with the fact that he won the first round. Again...pathetic.

See...that's why I'll ALWAYS favor boxing over MMA. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE a good fight, no matter what the sport, but to see a guy dominate a round only to see him get put out so easily in the next round like a chump is EXTREMELY frustrating.

Oh...and for the record, Fedor fucks Lesnar up in less than 60 seconds. EASY WORK! LOL!

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 4 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #59

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 4 2010, 01:21 AM) *
Velasquez will take care of Lesnar when they meet.

I don't think so, bro. I mean, I certainly hope so, but I think not. Lesnar will give new meaning to Cain's "Brown Pride" tattoo, lol, cause he's gonna wipe his ass with Cain. Cain "The Stain" will be his new moniker after he meets Brock, because that's all he'll be, a little brown shit stain.

Cain is a wrestler with pillow hands. He won't out-wrestle Brock, and he ain't got enough power to stop Brock on their feet either.

Third time I'll say it. Dos Santos is your last great hope if you're a Lesnar hater like myself.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Jul 4 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #60

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 4 2010, 01:40 AM) *
Still though, he SERIOUSLY has to work on his stand-up. I haven't read all the posts in here, but I think someone mentioned Junior Dos Santos giving him problems. I have to agree...Dos Santos might knock his ass out with a sneeze. LOL.

That would've been me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Oh...and for the record, Fedor fucks Lesnar up in less than 60 seconds. EASY WORK! LOL!

I don't know about 60 seconds, but I'd definitely make Fedor the betting favorite. But you never can tell these days. I mean, Chris Leben winning by triangle has got to be one of the 4 signs of the apocalypse, doesn't it? I mean, damn.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:23 AM