> The NFL Thread..., '10 is in sight
JD
post Aug 3 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #21

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 3 2010, 11:34 AM) *
LOL... Favre is a great ball player but dude is a JOKER!

Yeah man...all this retire...un-retire...take a break talk is silly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Aug 3 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #22

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

I still think he's coming back. Chilly denies the report, and hasn't heard from Favre yet. He did this same shit last year too. I believe he retired on like July 29 and was in camp three weeks later. I still think he does the same thing this year. Once that season gets a bit closer, and the Saints game approaches he'll NEED to be on that field. He's pathetic, but it's how he works. It's kind of the Vikings fault for letting him get away with all this. Oh well, Go Packers, they'll win the North for sure now.

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 3 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #23

First Ballot

Last year he was not coming back from an ankle injury and he did not inform the team he was done...he clearly wanted to be a Viking and waited it out.

He is on the team he wants to be, and he is still unsure now.

Does he come back again? Maybe...good chance of it...if now, man, that Viking team goes from real good to real average.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Aug 3 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #24

Welterweight

Yea, but last year he was coming back from a bad shoulder injury. He did inform the team he was done though last July. I remember watching ESPN last July, and he did say he would stay retired. I just think he'll change his mind once we get closer to the season. His ego can't stand getting that close to the super bowl and blowing it like that. Brett Favre is always unsure it seems lol.

Here's the thing though that I don't get...I'm not a Viking fan at all, but I don't get why they go to real average all of a sudden. I'm a big Packer fan, with most my fam from Wisc., but I still think the Vikes are a huge threat in the NFC. I don't think one player makes a team. In 08 with Jackson, they won the division and came close to winning that first playoff game against the Eagles. This year, they won three more games and two more in the playoffs. They still have a solid defense and a great running game. They will still be a tough team to beat in the NFC. Time will tell though on all of this. I know one thing, your Jets will be one hell of a team this year.

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 3 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #25

First Ballot

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 3 2010, 02:42 PM) *
Yea, but last year he was coming back from a bad shoulder injury. He did inform the team he was done though last July. I remember watching ESPN last July, and he did say he would stay retired. I just think he'll change his mind once we get closer to the season. His ego can't stand getting that close to the super bowl and blowing it like that. Brett Favre is always unsure it seems lol.

Here's the thing though that I don't get...I'm not a Viking fan at all, but I don't get why they go to real average all of a sudden. I'm a big Packer fan, with most my fam from Wisc., but I still think the Vikes are a huge threat in the NFC. I don't think one player makes a team. In 08 with Jackson, they won the division and came close to winning that first playoff game against the Eagles. This year, they won three more games and two more in the playoffs. They still have a solid defense and a great running game. They will still be a tough team to beat in the NFC. Time will tell though on all of this. I know one thing, your Jets will be one hell of a team this year.

Actually it was a bicep injury, I remember it well lol...and the difference was that it responded to the treatment. He really seems to be having an issue with this ankle.

The difference there was that he had already retired and said he was staying that way. Now he actually has the team he wants, was a game away from the Super Bowl, and has a contract in place...yet he still cannot commit. I think the ankle is worse than many may know. At this point, I put it at 70 / 30 that he plays, but that is a far cry from the 98 / 2 we were all at not long ago.

With or without Favre, I like Green Bay in that division...I just think one scenario is a lot easier than the other.

As for my Jets...I am waiting on the Revis issue to sort itself out, thus far it is not looking good.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Aug 3 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #26

Welterweight

I agree the ankle is probably worse than we may know. I still put it at 85/15 that he plays. Chilly, the organizations, and nobody close to Brett has confirmed this retirement yet. ESPN has been running shit all day about it, but what's the source of their information? They're basically taking a day to honor his career, but all the people they talk to say Favre really hasn't said a word yet. We'll see what happens though. The Revis situation will work out too. These things seem to work out for the most part.

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 3 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #27

First Ballot

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 3 2010, 03:16 PM) *
I agree the ankle is probably worse than we may know. I still put it at 85/15 that he plays. Chilly, the organizations, and nobody close to Brett has confirmed this retirement yet. ESPN has been running shit all day about it, but what's the source of their information? They're basically taking a day to honor his career, but all the people they talk to say Favre really hasn't said a word yet. We'll see what happens though. The Revis situation will work out too. These things seem to work out for the most part.

No...they have not confirmed it, though to me, the Vikings offering him more money and time is about as good of a confirmation as one can get.

On the Revis issue, this is a tough one. He wants to make more than Asumogha, and that contract is idiotic - thanks, Al Davis. The Jets are willing to pay him $100 mill, but there are issues with how they structure it because of the 30% rule, and the fact that they are happy to make it a huge contract, but his average salary will not exceed Asumogha's. So...here we are.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Aug 4 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #28

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

It sounds like Revis is closer to retirement than Farve at this point.

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 4 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #29

First Ballot

Shit has a chance to get drawn out...Revis is not bending, and there is only so much the Jets can do.

I mean, if this keeps up, part of me thinks that they should get the king's ransom he would net them in a deal.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Aug 4 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #30

Welterweight

And now today ESPN has backed way off on this retirement stuff. The Star Tribune has not exactly been known for wonderful journalism, as many of my professors have pointed out on numerous occasions. The source of the author's information was an apparent text message from a couple players. It was never from Favre or anybody super close to the situation. JD has already pointed out that the ankle is probably worse than people think, and he just hasn't made a decision yet. The Vikings are to blame for this, as they've let him get away with everything. I really hope he does play. If the Packers were to win the division, then I have to listen to these shitty Vikings fans all year claim that if Favre were in, it wouldn't have happened. He'll make a decision next week when Dr. Andrews looks at him and gives him an honest assesment. Oh well, Go browns and Go Packers.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:38 AM