IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who Is The Bravest and The Most Coward Boxers of All Time, Name the Top 10 Bravest and Cowrad Boxers Of All Time,..and justify...
Maxy
post Jul 19 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #11

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 19 2010, 06:25 AM) *
I really wish you guys knew just how bad it is. But Anthony Mundine. Right now? He is the biggest coward in boxing, he has Cintron covered. Take my word for it.

Surely Audley Harrison takes that mantel? He's the only fighter I can think of who literally fights scared. If an opponent feints to throw a punch, Harrison flinches with his eyes shut, almost as if he is petrified to be hit. It's almost laughable watching him box.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KENSOFINE
post Jul 19 2010, 08:35 AM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,591

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 19 2010, 06:03 AM) *
As much as it pains me to say it, Duran in the 2nd Leonard fight. He was going got take a beating and he chickened out.

Thats a huge misconception. Duran didnt want to CHASE Sugar Ray all night, so he basically said "Fuck this, dude is show-boating and not taking this match seriously". In their first fight, Sugar Ray traded with him. Second fight, Ray damn near did flashy cartwheels which seemed to be more annoying to Duran than actually PHYSICALLY effective. Being sick already, he said "Lets fight later, when I can actually chase and pound you again...instead of you running all night, and I am too fat and sickly to catch up with you."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDYnO9gGwIQ...feature=related

This post has been edited by KENSOFINE: Jul 19 2010, 08:45 AM

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jul 19 2010, 09:26 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Jul 19 2010, 02:35 PM) *
Thats a huge misconception. Duran didnt want to CHASE Sugar Ray all night, so he basically said "Fuck this, dude is show-boating and not taking this match seriously". In their first fight, Sugar Ray traded with him. Second fight, Ray damn near did flashy cartwheels which seemed to be more annoying to Duran than actually PHYSICALLY effective. Being sick already, he said "Lets fight later, when I can actually chase and pound you again...instead of you running all night, and I am too fat and sickly to catch up with you."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDYnO9gGwIQ...feature=related

So he quit before they even started then? I like Duran, but lets not offer his unpreparedness as an excuse.

+Quote Post
dominicbuilder9k...
post Jul 19 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #14

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,500

QUOTE (Hops @ Jul 18 2010, 09:12 PM) *
This thread should be renamed: BRAVEST and LEAST BRAVE Boxers of all time. And inside the ring.

I agree, but there has to be a clear contradiction that's why the title crop up like it is...

Anyhow,...it seem there really is / are boxers who are afraid or scared to fight their match.....and we can call them coward...

+Quote Post
dominicbuilder9k...
post Jul 19 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #15

Flyweight

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 18 2010, 07:44 PM) *
Bravest---I'd have to say Holyfield---He'll fight anyone no matter what their size..He fought Valuev who was 100 lbs more than him and didn't care..,Dempsey---He seriously thought he was going to die in the Willard fight but went through with the fight and destroyed Willard..Braddock---When he fought Baer everyone was telling him he was going to be another victim killed by Baer but he went through with the fight against all odds and won and became the heavyweight champ..Corrales---He was down and out in the Castillo fight but didn't give up and got back up and finished Castillo in the same round..He put his life on the line in that fight..I can remember him saying he was willing to die in the ring and that night he proved it to everyone..

Coward---Mayweather---He is very selective in who he fights and also fights for money,not legacy..Riddick Bowe for ONLY 1 reason--he threw his belt in the garbage instead of fighting Lennox..Very cowardly move but I don't think that's enough to put him on the list,but maybe..
...thanks for the clear explanation...by the way,...Holyfield is actually not a natural heavyweight...he was brave,,,and still showed it when he face the giant...

+Quote Post
dominicbuilder9k...
post Jul 19 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #16

Flyweight

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 19 2010, 12:15 AM) *
Im doing modern fighters

bravest

1. Vinnie Pazienza.. Came back to fight from a broken neck.

2. Arturo Gatti.. Enough said

3. Buster Douglas...even if for just one night

4. Ali....Any man that knows he has to get beat on for that long just to get his punches in, is pretty damn brave

5. Meldrick Taylor... to stand in front of chavez and take that kind of punishment, get knocked down at the end of the fight and to get up, hats off to you meldrick.

Least brave

1. David haye, you cant talk a big game and run from the klichkos like he has and be considered anything less.

2. floyd mayweather jr, being smart about business, or whatever he wants to call it, it just looks cowardly

3. riddick bowe, not fighting lewis

4. Bruce seldon

5. hector comacho Jr.

Good answer....but david haye is not least brave...he is coward in as far as the Klitschko brothers and millions of boxing fans are concern

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jul 19 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Jul 19 2010, 05:42 PM) *
...thanks for the clear explanation...by the way,...Holyfield is actually not a natural heavyweight...he was brave,,,and still showed it when he face the giant...

Deary me Johnny, I thought you would have known that already.

+Quote Post
Method
post Jul 19 2010, 01:57 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,253

Bravest? Gatti is among them

Biggest Coward? Wladdy.

+Quote Post
KENSOFINE
post Jul 19 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #19

Super Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,591

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 19 2010, 10:26 AM) *
So he quit before they even started then? I like Duran, but lets not offer his unpreparedness as an excuse.

I am saying there is a difference between a COWARD and Duran. It was still wack that he didnt go out on his shield, but cowardice implies a lack of willingness to fight. I think Duran WANTED to fight. I think he wasnt physically ABLE to literally spend every round chasing a boxer who didnt plan on boxing that night, who was basically just waiting for him to get exhausted. Slight difference, in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jul 19 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Jul 19 2010, 04:04 PM) *
I am saying there is a difference between a COWARD and Duran. It was still wack that he didnt go out on his shield, but cowardice implies a lack of willingness to fight. I think Duran WANTED to fight. I think he wasnt physically ABLE to literally spend every round chasing a boxer who didnt plan on boxing that night, who was basically just waiting for him to get exhausted. Slight difference, in my opinion.

I agree, Duran was all balls, his skin was scrotum. He didn't see any point in getting further outboxed by Leonard that night especially when he knew he was in no shape to land a miraculous shot. Was it dreadful that he quit? Absolutely, but a coward he was not especially since he was one of the fiercest fighters at lightweight and would go on to fight Hagler and Hearns.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 04:15 AM