IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who Is The Bravest and The Most Coward Boxers of All Time, Name the Top 10 Bravest and Cowrad Boxers Of All Time,..and justify...
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 19 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 19 2010, 04:31 PM) *
I agree, Duran was all balls, his skin was scrotum. He didn't see any point in getting further outboxed by Leonard that night especially when he knew he was in no shape to land a miraculous shot. Was it dreadful that he quit? Absolutely, but a coward he was not especially since he was one of the fiercest fighters at lightweight and would go on to fight Hagler and Hearns.

I do agree with this POV and I understand it. But that night for whatever reason (and yes I've seen enough doco's on the fight to understand them) he wasn't prepared to stand there and take his loss like a man. i've seen fighters in a ring (we all have) who know they have nothing, but still see the fight through to it's inevitable conclusion.

Sure Duran went on to right that wrong but that night he did something which to me is about the biggest no no you can do in the sport. I don't give a shit about frustration or whatever nor the excuses he is STILL offering over that situation. 'No mas' was a cowardly act. Can you imagine the shitstorm if Floyd offered that up in a fight?

DISCLAIMER: I think that as a person SRL is undoubtely the bigger turd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 19 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #22

Guests

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 19 2010, 11:13 PM) *
I see right through Mundine. He's a first class bitch in my opinion. Good Call

Mundine was travelling OK for a while. He had fights with Green, Kessler and Soliman. After the rematch with Soliman, it was all down hill from there. He took Soliman in a 3rd pointless fight.
He picks up a 168 title from the garbage, defends it and then all of a sudden. Kessler is now Mundine's mandatory again. Instead of Mundine defending it, what did he do? If your next response was to get rid of it, and move up. You are wrong, he actually got rid of it, and worked backwards. He moved down rather than face Kessler again. Since then, he has been feasting on bums from 3rd world countries, picking up titles and every now and again. Will throw a name like Pavlik out there to look like he is trying. He has now moved down again to pick up some bullshit 154 title, and he called out Cotto in his last fight, LOL.
That guy deserves terrible things towards him, and he also has every single fight PPV down here, no matter who he fights.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jul 19 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 19 2010, 05:22 PM) *
I do agree with this POV and I understand it. But that night for whatever reason (and yes I've seen enough doco's on the fight to understand them) he wasn't prepared to stand there and take his loss like a man. i've seen fighters in a ring (we all have) who know they have nothing, but still see the fight through to it's inevitable conclusion.

Sure Duran went on to right that wrong but that night he did something which to me is about the biggest no no you can do in the sport. I don't give a shit about frustration or whatever nor the excuses he is STILL offering over that situation. 'No mas' was a cowardly act. Can you imagine the shitstorm if Floyd offered that up in a fight?

DISCLAIMER: I think that as a person SRL is undoubtely the bigger turd.

I agree Ollie, which is why I said that what he did that night was dreadful but it was one instant and compared to all the other things Duran did before and after that moment, he does not deserve to be in any list titled "most coward boxer of all time".

+Quote Post
KENSOFINE
post Jul 19 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #24

Super Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,591

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 19 2010, 05:22 PM) *
'No mas' was a cowardly act.

Another misconception. He never said that. What he said was more to the effect of "I aint gonna keep chasing this clown"...(loose translation, but considered more accurate)

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 19 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #25

Guests

Actions speak louder than words, in the end. His actions spelt "no mas". Do I think he is a coward? No. He still quit because he was getting embarrassed in the fight though.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 19 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #26

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,540

Duran a Coward? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Get the fuck outta here.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jul 19 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 19 2010, 11:13 AM) *
But you have Roy Jones Jr in you Avatar? LOL.

Fitz,
I see right through Mundine. He's a first class bitch in my opinion. Good Call

Roy jones fought james toney in his prime when toney was considered unbeatable, he fought a young prime hopkins, beat him. Came back from his first loss and destroyed Montell Griffen. Crunched HOF'er Virgil hill with a body shot. Went to heavyweight and beat John Ruiz, and finally he went to to fight tarver three times, even though he knew after the first tarver foght he didnt have it anymore. Then he fought Glen Johnson, Clazage, and Hopkins again.

Sorry Dude, Roy Jones is anything but cowardly.

I didnt call him the most brave, but he is not cowardly

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jul 19 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #28

Welterweight

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 19 2010, 04:57 PM) *
Bravest? Gatti is among them

Biggest Coward? Wladdy.

I would agree with you on that Method if Wlad hadnt fought sam peter and kept getting up to fight.

This post has been edited by Run and Gun Game Calls: Jul 19 2010, 06:20 PM

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Jul 19 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #29

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 19 2010, 07:16 PM) *
Roy jones fought james toney in his prime when toney was considered unbeatable, he fought a young prime hopkins, beat him. Came back from his first loss and destroyed Montell Griffen. Crunched HOF'er Virgil hill with a body shot. Went to heavyweight and beat John Ruiz, and finally he went to to fight tarver three times, even though he knew after the first tarver foght he didnt have it anymore. Then he fought Glen Johnson, Clazage, and Hopkins again.

Sorry Dude, Roy Jones is anything but cowardly.

I didnt call him the most brave, but he is not cowardly

LOL... Dude, Roy Jones is one of my ALL TIME favs... I never called him cowardly. You said Floyd looked cowardly because he made some "Smart Business" moves... Roy made some smart business moves as well. We can sit down and compare their careers if you want BUT Floyd's resume is better than Roy's.

By the way, You're the first person in History that has hated Floyd and liked Roy...LOL. Most people either like them both or hate their guts.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jul 19 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #30

Welterweight

QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 19 2010, 09:27 PM) *
LOL... Dude, Roy Jones is one of my ALL TIME favs... I never called him cowardly. You said Floyd looked cowardly because he made some "Smart Business" moves... Roy made some smart business moves as well. We can sit down and compare their careers if you want BUT Floyd's resume is better than Roy's.

By the way, You're the first person in History that has hated Floyd and liked Roy...LOL. Most people either like them both or hate their guts.

I would absolutly love to hear how Floyds career is better than roys

How many Hof'ers has Floyd fought and beat in their prime?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:35 PM