IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV:Marquez vs. Diaz II:9PM(ET), 8PM(CT), 6PM(PT), SPOILERS:15 Minutes Later-No Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Jul 31 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all action and reactions to the big fight tonight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jul 31 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,386

I think Marquez takes this fight with even more ease this time. Don't get me wrong, it will be an action packed fight, but I see Marquez controlling the action more in the early rounds. Diaz really didn't look that good in the Malignaggi fights, and seems to get cut about every fight. I don't even know how much Diaz has left, but I think Marquez still has a lot. He's looked good in the recent years besides the Mayweather fight. He's down at his natural weight class, so I think he'll be a bit faster and stronger. Plus, Diaz is nowhere near Mayweather's level in skill and defense. Marquez will be too skillful and strong for Diaz. I expect him to stop him around the 8th round again.

The undercard looks great. I think the European will be a little too skillful for Jacobs. Jacobs had some problems with Ishe Smith and Mike Walker. We'll see if he's ready to step it up tonight, but I expect him to lose a decision. Guerrero-Casamayor is an interesting scrap as well. If Casamayor has anything left, he wins this fight. Guerrero hasn't looked that great in the last year, but Casamayor hasn't really fought in the prior year. I thought Casamayor looked excellent in the early rounds against Marquez a couple years back. If that Casamayor shows up, he easily wins. Guerrero won't wear him down like Marquez, just not his style. I think this will be an ugly fight, and Casamayor will win a super close decision. Really, it's a toss up fight.

Juarez-Linares is a joke and not worth discussing. As already discussed, it's ridiculous how Juarez get so many bigger fights. Before the card starts though, Mendy-Bika is a solid fight. Mendy won that super middleweight tourney Showtime put on awhile back. Bika has put on some good performances against Codrington and Bute. Both these fighters are kind of unknown, so it'll be interesting. I remember Mendy having good speed and power. I think he's faster than Bika, and that will play a factor. I expect him to win a decision. In the first fight, Ronnie Peterson fights Frankie Gomez I think. Peterson is from Minnesota, and I've trained with his Dad before. His Dad actually said he wasn't fighting anymore, and that he gained weight. We'll see what happens I wish him the best.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jul 31 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

Young George Groves is worth a look too Kyle. IMO prob one of the best if not the best prospect wev got on this side of the pond.

Iv probably jinxed him now and he'l stink the place up! But hopefully not. Worth a look anyway if your watching

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jul 31 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

I'm not sure if he's on the televised card or the two fights? I'll definitely give him a look though on youtube later and check some fights out. Hopefully he gets on tonight and puts on a good show.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 31 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My take on the undercard:

It's very good. Probably the best for an undercard in several years to compensate for an HBO type main event. The matches appear to be pretty even.

On Guerrero-Casamayor, I think Cassa is getting too old and that "The Ghost" wins. I think Cassa will make things ugly and dirty but in an entertaining sort of way.

Jacobs vs. Prog should be just about pick-em

Linares-Juarez: Juarez just in there for a payday like he has been in recent years. He acts like he doesn't care.

It's a long way from the great Don King Undercards of the 90's that were amazing. But it is still better than the slop we have been getting.

Is there any of the fights where we could see "Golden Boy" favoritism on the scorecards?

Jack

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Jul 31 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Linares probably puts on a boxing clinic against Juarez. The only suspense in this fight is whether Juarez can land that left hook of his and KO the Venezuelan. Remember that it was a left hook that led to Linares's only loss.

Guerrero is a very good fighter, he can box, outwork you and he has pretty good pop in those fists of his. Cassamayor is a wily tricky wizard but he's almost 40 isn't he? I think he gets outworked in this one.

I don't know anything about the Commie that Jacobs is facing but ,according to Doug Fisher, he can counter well enough to make it an interesting fight.

As to the main event, JMM is one of my favorite fighters and seeing him back in the ring is good enough for me.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Jul 31 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #7

The Savage

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,227

This is such a BS PPV..Who is buying this??I seriously don't think I can..It's not worth it at all..The only fight I really wanna see is Guerrero and Casamayor..I'm starting to think that this is a PPV because Marquez got his ass BEAT on PPV against Mayweather and now Mayweather gave Marquez a name..It's BS..Marquez should of had a name back when he was fighting Pac-man and others around that time but it was Barrera and Morales' who were the mexican stars,not Marquez unfortunately..He got screwed,but now is not the time for him to be in the main even on a PPV after he just got dominated by Mayweather..Marquez/Diaz??SHIT!!!!

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Jul 31 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #8

Welterweight

Where are the two free fights on DirecTv? I thought Golden Boy was going to show the Bika fight WTF.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 31 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

i bought it... broke down im interested in some of the fights... bout time boxing starts taking a key from ufc... the undercard fights are on now... bika vs mendy...

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 31 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #10

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

hey kyle i have dish network and that fight just ended thats all imma say for spoiler reasons but its on....

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 01:59 PM