IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV:Marquez vs. Diaz II:9PM(ET), 8PM(CT), 6PM(PT), SPOILERS:15 Minutes Later-No Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
Method
post Jul 31 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #21

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

Where the fuck were you CEO. You missed Leonard Yesserbe chimin in with Floyd's favorite grade of gasoline.

You also missed Ross Greenburg coming out and making the Mayweather apologists look kinda stupid,.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Jul 31 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #22

SKULLSPLITTER

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,665

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 31 2010, 11:03 PM) *
Where the fuck were you CEO. You missed Leonard Yesserbe chimin in with Floyd's favorite grade of gasoline.

You also missed Ross Greenburg coming out and making the Mayweather apologists look kinda stupid,.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Man...that's news to me...I have no idea what's been goin' on with that May-Pac bullshit...haven't cared....I've been takin' care of home and then the yearly vacation...jetlagged out, but stayin' up for this one...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
GzaPR
post Jul 31 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #23

Amateur

Member No.: 3,165

Jacobs WHO?
LOL TKO in 5 by a NO body.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Aug 1 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #24

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Marquez looked really sharp tonight. Diaz came to win, and he didn't look that bad either. Marquez is just a level above Diaz, and that showed in the middle rounds. I felt Marquez won rounds 3-9, and Diaz did nothing in there. He finished really strong though, and I felt he won rounds 10-12. He finally picked up the pace, and it seemed Marquez got tired. It wasn't as action-packed this time around, but overall it was a good fight.

That Pirog-Jacobs fight was KO of the year. Pirog really nailed Jacobs and he just went right down. After the way Jacobs looked against Smith and Walker, I felt he would have a tough night. Tough luck for Casamayor too. He just isn't the same, but he still dropped Guerrero. Hopefully that 10th round will be the last hurrah of a great career, and he'll walk away. He was always a tough dude, and he wouldn't go away against Guerrero. Juarez lost again, big surprise lol.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 1 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Marquez looked good i see him still being able to beat every LW around right now but he should definitly stay away from Manny.

As for Jacobs one word WOW.

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Aug 1 2010, 02:49 AM
Post #26

Welterweight

Member No.: 931

Diaz fought a smarter fight, but it just wasn't enough. With law school in his future, I think Diaz should retire from boxing, and focus on his academics.

135 is the right weight for Marquez. He can make some good fights with Soto and Guerrero. He could probably do 140 too, but it would be a little harder. Fights with Maidana and Ortiz would be intense. Fights with Bradley, Khan, and Alexander would be tough.

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 1 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

Did anyone else start to get the impression that maybe JMM might be struggling to pull the trigger now? I hope im wrong.

Also, does anyone know who the guy with the Jersey Shore T shirt on sitting 2 to the right of Oscar was? It was fuckin comedy watching him!

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 1 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #28

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jul 31 2010, 10:00 PM) *
The Casamayor fight was hard to watch since he looked so old. A prime Casamayor would have eaten Guerrero alive. He put up a decent effort though, but I hope that's Casa's last fight too.

This was the only fight that I was interested in..

I'm a fan of both..Guerrero took a big step up in the name game but Casa was old..I'd always watch either one of these guys fight though..Guerrero is one of my favorite fighters today and I wish I had gotten to see him fight Casa but I was not willing to pay 50 for such a BS main event on a PPV card..Sounds like they had it the other way around on this card,good undercard and a less than worthy main event(for a PPV)..Diaz/Marquez should be a main event fight but not on a PPV..

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Aug 1 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #29

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 1 2010, 05:12 PM) *
Guerrero beat Casamayor, but Guerrero wasn't good in doing so. How could he have an old fighter in there, he hurt him from the opening round and dropped him in the second and then continue to just go through the motions and take him the distance? Guerrero could have had Casa out there early, when ever he landed cleanly, Casa was hurt. He didn't apply pressure and ended up making it a safe fight. They are the fights where you make them look old.

Diaz-Marquez was a good fight IMO. I thought Diaz looked decent as well, but Marquez is in a league of his own. Just way too good. Diaz put up a solid performance and nothing to be ashamed of, but Marquez is just better than him in every way.

Shit,Guerrero probably watched the first Corrales fight and Katsidis fight and decided that Casa is always a threat..You can hurt and drop Casa but he has a nasty punch that can turn a fight around..Shit,he punched a mouth guard through Corrales' lip..hahaha..He has serious power..Whether Casa is old or not,he has the punch..It's sad to see Casa in the position he is in now but his age caught up to him..I was hoping Casa would retire after the Marquez loss or after the fight after that that he actually won..

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 1 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #30

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 1 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Did anyone else start to get the impression that maybe JMM might be struggling to pull the trigger now? I hope im wrong.

Also, does anyone know who the guy with the Jersey Shore T shirt on sitting 2 to the right of Oscar was? It was fuckin comedy watching him!

Now? It's been like that since the first Diaz fight...his legs are going too.

In fact, if he fights Katsidis, I lean toward MK.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:33 AM