IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just heard from a solid that PBF & King..., have signed a $100 million contract!
thehype
post Aug 7 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #11

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 7 2010, 02:40 PM) *
Ahhhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaaha.

Hype.

Bringing it.

Dude, what are your thoughts on this?

I actually (I cant believe Im about to type this) miss that old mother fucker Don King. I need him back in my life. If only to remind me there is someone who walks this earth that is more full of shit than myself.

Seriously, I would like to see the mix master back in the mix.

My thoughts?

I think Floyd was pissed at Al Haymon and Ross Greenburg for basically leaving him out to dry.

I think Floyd is sending them a message, saying, "Hey, I don't need you fucks. You need me! If you all want to profit off this mega-fight, you need me too so you fools better start respecting me and treating me like you treated Oscar De La Hoya!"

I think everyone involved knew WELL IN ADVANCE that Floyd wasn't fighting on no November 13, but I think certain individuals had discussions anyway in order to solidify the fight no matter the date.

I think Arum, however, being the slick ol' bastard that he is, said, "Fuck this! I'm not holding up my company for this spoiled little brat. You guys can do all the talking you want, but here are Manny's terms, so take it or leave it. I'm going to do me!"

Then I think Arum fucked Floyd AND Greenburg to benefit his own fighter. Great move by Arum. I can't even hate on that.

Then, Greenburg, who's job is already on the line due to certain expectations that he promised (one of which was the delivery of this mega-fight), had to also fuck Floyd so he wouldn't look bad. Hey, I can't hate on Greenburg either...when it comes to your job, you gotta do what you gotta do.

So poor Floyd is left with some cat who NEVER talks to the media, so his only recourse was to use Ellerbe to try to diffuse it...which didn't really pan out the way he wanted (what Ellerbe's statement SHOULD have said was "THERE WERE NO NEGOTIATIONS FOR A NOVEMBER 13 BOUT").

So now, Floyd is pissed...mainly at Haymon and Greenburg...so he goes and has a talk with King. He conveniently leaks that out on Twitter...just like he conveniently leaks out this $100,000,000 promotional agreement.

I really don't think this is anything different than what NORMALLY goes on behind the scenes...it's just that it's much more high-profile now because everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is involved with spreading all the little tidbits of information from their point of view. And now, you got a guy like Floyd who's using social networking to try to manipulate certain things (I gotta give him props for that, because it's actually a pretty good idea), so it becomes and even bigger story.

It's really all just comedy to me. I mean, I'll report on it, write an article and whatnot, because I have to and it's content, but really, regardless of everything that's going down, it's all meaningless.

Manny is still going to fight Margarito on November 13.

Mayweather still won't be fighting until 2011.

I mean, I wish it really did have some meaning, but I just don't think so.

It's fun though. I would LOVE to see King back in the mix. It just seems so fitting that he is. I mean, a fight this big, how can he NOT be involved. LOL.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 7 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #12

First Ballot

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,262

Arum has won the PR war by way of Julian Jackson like KO.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 7 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #13

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 7 2010, 03:37 PM) *
Who's your solid? Twitter?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I ain't gonna bring it up til he is in the open but he is our facebook friend & his 1st name begins with G!

+Quote Post
oozemcbuck
post Aug 7 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,112

QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 7 2010, 06:32 PM) *
I ain't gonna bring it up til he is in the open but he is our facebook friend & his 1st name begins with G!

As in G. Leon ?!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 7 2010, 09:58 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,253

Hype, nice post. Agree with it all. You pretty much nailed it.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 7 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #16

Not for nothing, but you'd think w DK's experience already with losing BANK w the ORIGINAL proposed Trinidad/Jones fight by Team Tito fighting Hopkins first, you'd think DK, ESPECIALLY at THIS juncture in his career, would steer Floyd directly towards tha Paq fight NOW so he could ring that register and NOT take any chances.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 8 2010, 06:28 AM
Post #17

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (oozemcbuck @ Aug 7 2010, 08:51 PM) *
As in G. Leon ?!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

hell nah fool! Greg ain't my friend!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 8 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #18

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

King contracts fail to bamboozle me anymore. What he guarantees fighters' per fight, etc., does NOT mean that THAT is what they will receive. Period. I think a few, if not many of us, have been around the boards of maxboxing, b-talk and fighthype to understand that.

Does Floyd understand that though? King isn't exactly the mega superstar promoter that he used to be. Father Time is catching up with both he and Arum. They have probably only a few years left before retirement and than what?

Having said that, I think somehow, Mayweather-Pacquiao could have been made with King brought into to mediate. Don is still the best at getting things done.

Another point is how Don likes to rip of his fighters, reportedly taking 50-60% of a boxers' purses when most promoters generally take about 30%. When Don's done with a lot of fighters their "rich connection strings are cut, often leaving them battered and broke." Does Floyd see this? Maybe he might need that reality check to soften up his arrogance. Either that, or losing in the ring.

Jack

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 9 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #19

There is NO WAY Floyd can NOT understand that, just as there is absolutely ZERO, and I mean ZE-ROH chance that DK is making 50% off of Floyd. NO fucking way.

I personally don't think Floyd Needs, DK, but I'm glad to see DK in the mix.

I'm sick of Richard fucking Schaefer.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Aug 9 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #20

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

After seeing all the moves, the negotiation is almost becoming more interesting than the fight itself at this point. Arum's chess game is very good.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Aug 9 2010, 11:16 AM

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:48 AM