IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO:10PM(ET),9PM(CT),8PM(PT)-Alexander/Kotelnik, SPOILERS-15 Minutes Later (No New Threads or Duplicate Topics)
Jack 1000
post Aug 7 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all comments about tonight's HBO doubleheader.

Jack

Administrator

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Imperius3
post Aug 7 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 931

Alexander should win a wide decision against Kotelnik without much trouble. I'm actually more interested in the co-feature, Tavoris Cloud versus Glen Johnson. This will be a much more entertaining fight and possibly a FOTY candidate. I know Johnson is old, and Cloud is younger and basically has the same style as Johnson, but I don't think Johnson is done to the point Cloud smashes him. I think it will be a competitive fight with Cloud winning a close decision. There should be a lot action, and Cloud will have to work for this one.

+Quote Post
Rivado
post Aug 7 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #3

Middleweight

Member No.: 455

I think Alexander has that killer instinct that will not allow Kotelnik to see the final bell in a high profile bout like tonight's. Devon is out to make a statement.

+Quote Post
GinJapan
post Aug 7 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #4

Amateur

Member No.: 10,455

Does anyone have a good stream? If so, please message me with the link. Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Aug 7 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Darn, had to leave to come to work half way through the Alexander/Kotelnik fight. Funny, that both fights were mirror images of each other.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 7 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #6

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

So did anyone else see Alexander get his ass whooped tonight??

I thought Kotelnik won 7-5...

Maybe now, people will realize that Bradley is smarter, more well rounded, just flat out BETTER than him...I'm sure Kellerman does at least...lol

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Aug 8 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,333

QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 7 2010, 11:57 PM) *
So did anyone else see Alexander get his ass whooped tonight??

I thought Kotelnik won 7-5...

Maybe now, people will realize that Bradley is smarter, more well rounded, just flat out BETTER than him...I'm sure Kellerman does at least...lol

Wouldn't say WHOOPED but you look at who was landing the head snapping blows and that was Kotelnik. Lederman was WAY off, I guess he likes activity over real punches. Alexander does have faster hands than Bradley and he has a good jab that was inefficient against Kotelnik's high guard but may land with more accuracy against Mini Holyfield.

Tavoris Cloud gets some leverage on his shots but the guy needs to pick up the activity level.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Aug 8 2010, 12:44 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 8 2010, 01:08 AM) *
Wouldn't say WHOOPED but you look at who was landing the head snapping blows and that was Kotelnik. Lederman was WAY off, I guess he likes activity over real punches. Alexander does have faster hands than Bradley and he has a good jab that was inefficient against Kotelnik's high guard but may land with more accuracy against Mini Holyfield.

Tavoris Cloud gets some leverage on his shots but the guy needs to pick up the activity level.

Bradley/AlexAnder will be interesting to say the least. Alexander looked like he was lost at times tonight. Many of his flashy jabs were NOT landing. Agreed, Timmy is a much different fighter from Kotelnik though. Timmy moves his head better than Kotelnik. However he doesnt have the high guard mastered. Also can Timmy hurt Alexander? Remains to be seen. i think the fight lost some luster after the lackluster performance that Alexander put on. I see Timmy roughing him up and smothering Alexanders punches on his way to an ugly rough decision.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 8 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #9

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I had Cloud over Johnson 115-113. The old man did very well, but there were just a couple instances where he lost a couple of rounds with Cloud doing just a little more in critical moments. Nice little war.

Easy 118-110 for Alexander over Kotelnik. Kot tried, but Alexander was just quicker and speedier in most of the exchanges. Can't see Devon beating Bradley, although I think it would still be a war. I disagree with our CEO BIG TIME on this fight. LOL!

Jack

+Quote Post
jkfitpro
post Aug 8 2010, 04:32 AM
Post #10

Amateur

Member No.: 3,373

The result was very fishy to me. 116-112? On all 3 cards? To Alexander? GTFOH! A draw would have been a GENEROUS outcome for Alexander.

Whatever your thoughts on the outcome, surely this makes Khan's clear and comprehensive beating of a younger Kotelnik all the more impressive, no?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 03:31 PM