> UFC 117, News and results
Warlord
post Aug 9 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #71

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 9 2010, 04:53 PM) *
Vitors inconsistencies aside, i think he represents a dangerous opponent for Silva. His hands are alot faster than both Sonnen and Silvas, and his power is unquestionable. Whether Anderson was getting caught with sonnens punches because he was looking for the takedown... maybe, but i find it hard to believe he was expecting sonnen to shoot without setting up the take down first with a strike. If he can get caught like that from a relative light hitter in Sonnen, he can get caught by a blazing fast power puncher like Vitor.

Co-sign.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 9 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #72

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 9 2010, 08:45 PM) *
Amen. Pretty much sums up what I was going to post.

Bazooka, no one is saying Anderson Silva isn't a great fighter. He is. He just isn't the greatest. Not by a damn sight. He hasn't really fought anyone credible enough to be considered the GOAT. You're getting caught up in the drama of the moment, pure and simple.

My P4P list right now?

Georges St. Pierre
Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
Jose Aldo
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

I can respect you haveing GSP at #1 thats fine it's your list i don't have him at #1 but it's all good. I would replace Shogun with Fedor though. Jose Aldo is fine at #4.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 9 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #73

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 9 2010, 06:33 PM) *
Vitor Belfort is weak minded and that can be seen as far back as the Coture fight and as early as his PED usage. Sonnen did so well because he was not scared of Silva and truly believed he was gonna win unlike most Silva's other opponents. Most believed in the hype before they got in the ring with him. It's like Tarver beating Jones ass. Tarver didn't believe the hype and was ultra confident. Silva is P4P in my book and does things in the ring that only fighters appreciate. I may be the monority in this but hey what's life without opinion?

Actually, Sonnen has ALWAYS had confidence problems. All his talk was just a way to hype himself, and hype the fight. Check out some of his interviews here, where he talks openly and honestly (and in-depth) about his confidence issues.

http://www.purefight.org/coverage/237344-C...onest-Interview

The real reason Chael did so well against Silva is because he showed up to fight. Period. I don't know how confident he really was, as we see he again fell apart in the closing stanza of a fight he was DOMINATING.

As well, Silva is and will always be susceptible to wrestlers. It's why Anderson is in a lot of trouble at this juncture of his career. I think Chael Sonnen has obliterated the UFC-manufactured Silva mystique. Now he's gonna have Sonnen breathing down his neck for a rematch, and he's gonna have guys like Belfort, Shields, and GSP all thinking (and knowing) they've got a real chance to turn Silva into a shit stain now.

And what's Anderson gonna do at 205? An ultra-quick wrestler like Rashad Evans is just big enough to lay on Anderson long enough to pull out the win. And of course we have the champion at 205, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua? Shogun can fucking GO, on his feet or from top-position. Anderson would have his hands full with the pace Shogun sets.

Anderson Silva may have won the battle. But I think, in a strange kind of way, it's gonna be Sonnen who wins the war. He got the snowball rolling. And now we're gonna get the chance to see what Anderson Silva is really made of.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 9 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Aug 9 2010, 04:27 PM) *
I personally believe the people who follow the fights in boxing or mma, on boards like this are as well, if not more educated about the fighting sports than many of those who hold a job at a magazine writing about fighting.

You believe because a writer calls someone the GOAT it makes it so? They are more qualified than the majority of educated fight fans to make that decision? Their Decision to major in journalism classes somehow made them be able to better break down a fighter, than many here that have huge fight collections and have followed and researched fighters for years?

Look at this thread, how many are agreeing with you? I would put the opinions of almost every mma fan i talk to, and the members of this board over a magazine writer. Writing for a mag does not make you a MMA god or the final authority.

And to be honest I would rather be Fedor. Silvas comeback consisted of sonnen slipping up and giving up a submission. Silva got his ass handed to him. Something that has not ever happened to Fedor. If Silva had came back and knocked out sonnen i would have been much more impressed. Again the comeback was more of sonnens flaws than silvas great fighting ability.

but im not here just to defend fedor, BJ penn, Randy Couture are also ahead of silva based on competition and accomplishments. Did Couture move to heavyweight and win the title twice? yes he did Many times outweighed by at least 40 pds. Did Couture Dominate a kid who was considered the best 205er in the world in tito ortiz? yes he did

BJ penn did lose to Pulver early in his career, yet you claimed it was his prime, lol. Not even close. That was before BJ was even taking the sport seriously and training. But Ill tell ya what he did do. He moved up and beat a much bigger and stronger champion in Matt Huges.

Who has Silva beat that is on par with Matt Huges? Who has he beat on par with a prime Tito Ortiz? Who has he beat on par with Chuck Liddel for that matter? Who has he beat on par with Vitor Belfort?

Dont give me forrest griffen either or rich franklin, both are b level fighters. Their biggest wins came over fighters close to retirement

Im not talking ranked fighters either. All top level fighters fight ranked fighters. Who has he beat that is considered an A level great fighter?

Who has Silva beat that is considered a legend of the sport?....................

Nobody.

Silva is a fabrication of the UFC Hype machine.

You Still didnt answer my question, you completely ducked it in fact. So I ask again

Why are Dana White and Ed Sorros running as fast as they can from giving sonnen a much deserved rematch? Their Hyped house of cards almost came crumbling down.

Please give an honest answer.

Any true champion worth his salt would want to fight the rematch and prove the beat down he was taking was just a fabrication.

Could Roy Jones be considered the p4p king once he got the first fight decision v/s tarver? nope Even though he won the fight.

Even for those that thought Silva was the p4p #1 fighter right now before this fight. His last 2 preformances have destroyed that throne for him. Any credible list will have him slipping a few spots. Its not just one poor preformance now, its 2 in a row.

Goat, lmao..... He hasnt beaten anyone yet.

now please answer the above question, I am dying to hear you spin this

Dude just listen to some of the stupid ass comments you have made.....

Silva isn't p4p right now-anyone including the biggest Silva hater will tell you the guy is p4p. Witht that comment alone i shouldn't even have replied to you anymore but i couldn't resist.

You believe the fans more than the writers who write for the sport-C'mon bro you can't pull that sh*t on me i've been visiting Sherdog one of the leading MMA sites aswell as others MMA sites before they even had forums and i can tell you that most MMA fans became fans around 05-06 because of TUF shows. Most of these kids don't know sh*t about the sport nor the fight game. If you were to say that about boxing then maybe i would agree but in the case of MMA most fans are young kids who barley got into the sports there for i gotta go hands down with the people who write the mags and and have inside scoop of the sport.

The you go and say that had Anderson KO'ed Sonnen it would have been more impressive-hahahahah give me a f*cking break Anderson could beat Shogun, Lesnar, and Velasquez on the same night and you would still hate on him. Silva wanted to sub Sonnen because of those comments that Sonnen made about his black belt and the Noguera brothers. Thats why Anderson walked in with his GI to the fight something he hasn't done in years. Subbing Sonnen was much more impressive an satisfying given the comments hat to me was poetic justice Anderson whooped Sonnen the one way that Sonnen was makeing fun of him. You couldn't have a more perfect ending to the fight.

You rather be Fedor and lose than be Silva and comeback to win-I can't take anyting you say seriousley after the comment sorry bro you really did with that one.

Man these comments just reek of a biased person.

About the Dana/Soares comments who gives a f*Ck that they don't want the immediate rematch though i can tell you the that fight will happen eventually thats for sure.

This debate is getting pointless like Box in hand said i've got my opinion and my opinion aswell as others is that Anderson Silva is the GOAT you don't agree with that and thats fine i don't agree with your opinion either and after reading those comments i can't take you seriousley either.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 9 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #75

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 9 2010, 07:53 PM) *
I can respect you haveing GSP at #1 thats fine it's your list i don't have him at #1 but it's all good. I would replace Shogun with Fedor though. Jose Aldo is fine at #4.

Fedor switched with Shogun is fine, actually. Any of the bottom three of that list in any order is fine. GSP and Silva are the clear cut 1 and 2 now. No one that gets dominated like Anderson Silva just did (to Chael Sonnen no less) deserves to be called the P4P best fighter in the world though.

(I still think from an over-all standpoint that Fedor deserves to be ranked ahead of Silva as well. But a loss is a loss, and until he avenges it, it is what it is.)

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 9 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 9 2010, 08:57 PM) *
Actually, Sonnen has ALWAYS had confidence problems. All his talk was just a way to hype himself, and hype the fight. Check out some of his interviews here, where he talks openly and honestly (and in-depth) about his confidence issues.

The real reason Chael did so well against Silva is because he showed up to fight. Period. I don't know how confident he really was, as we see he again fell apart in the closing stanza of a fight he was DOMINATING.

As well, Silva is and will always be susceptible to wrestlers. It's why Anderson is in a lot of trouble at this juncture of his career. I think Chael Sonnen has obliterated the UFC-manufactured Silva mystique. Now he's gonna have Sonnen breathing down his neck for a rematch, and he's gonna have guys like Belfort, Shields, and GSP all thinking (and knowing) they've got a real chance to turn Silva into a shit stain now.

And what's Anderson gonna do at 205? An ultra-quick wrestler like Rashad Evans is just big enough to lay on Anderson long enough to pull out the win. And of course we have the champion at 205, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua? Shogun can fucking GO, on his feet or from top-position. Anderson would have his hands full with the pace Shogun sets.

Anderson Silva may have won the battle. But I think, in a strange kind of way, it's gonna be Sonnen who wins the war. He got the snowball rolling. And now we're gonna get the chance to see what Anderson Silva is really made of.

Hey War i got a question you said that the UFC was biased with Silva being that he's a UFC fighter and all right? And that in your opinon Penn,GSP and Couture are all agreater than Silva p4p right? Well than why are they not proclaiming Penn, GSP or Couture as GOAT there UFC fighters aswell too right?

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 9 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #77

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 9 2010, 08:04 PM) *
Hey War i got a question you said that the UFC was biased with Silva being that he's a UFC fighter and all right? And that in your opinon Penn,GSP and Couture are all agreater than Silva p4p right? Well than why are they not proclaiming Penn, GSP or Couture as GOAT there UFC fighters aswell too right?

Sorry buddy, I think you meant to pose this question to Run and Gun. I have not mentioned Penn or Couture in this thread. And I never mentioned GSP as the GOAT. I simply said GSP is the #1 P4P right now.

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Aug 9 2010, 08:52 PM
Post #78

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 9 2010, 06:57 PM) *

Just watched it and thanks for that. He was confident in the video and reiterated what I said. He came to conquer not bow. He truly believed and that's why he did so well. Doubt clouds everything and he had no doubt. He came up short against a superb fighter.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 9 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #79

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 9 2010, 08:52 PM) *
Just watched it and thanks for that. He was confident in the video and reiterated what I said. He came to conquer not bow. He truly believed and that's why he did so well. Doubt clouds everything and he had no doubt. He came up short against a superb fighter.

He came to fight, yes, that is true. But a fighter losing a fight to the same submission he has lost so many others to still speaks of a mental breakdown to me. The guy's admitted to doing it in the past, and if the results are any indication, he did it again.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 9 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #80

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 9 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Sorry buddy, I think you meant to pose this question to Run and Gun. I have not mentioned Penn or Couture in this thread. And I never mentioned GSP as the GOAT. I simply said GSP is the #1 P4P right now.

Your right my bad.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 02:43 PM