Warlord
post Dec 1 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 2 2010, 12:41 AM) *
Its all good we just disagree bro

I think we agree on Anderson Silva's over-rated ass, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As for Penn, off of pure talent there are few fighters, if any, that can really compare. From that standpoint he always merits discussion. Career-wise he's just been such a huge under-achiever, and a notoriously streaky fighter. He's still got time to catapult himself into the upper echelon of all-time greats, but I just don't think he's there yet, and the clock is ticking.

And now to get wildly off topic, prime for prime, I think Sakuraba toys with Anderson Silva and submits him. Anderson has never shown the ability to deal with unorthodox fighters, and his takedown defense is garbage. Sakuraba has some of the best takedowns in MMA history, and he knew what to do from every position. Sakuraba in top position would be Anderson's death knell. He'd get arm-barred or knee-barred.

Fighters in the UFC today still don't have the raw natural talent that Sakuraba had. EVERY event you see some shit head doing the butt-scoot, or laying on his back throwing weak, shitty, half-hearted up-kicks. And their opponents have NO CLUE what to do. They're all like just standing over them and shit, trying to figure out what to do.

Sakuraba would leg kick those mother-fuckers to death. They'd be welted up in minutes, hobbling back to their corners in agony. (See Sakuraba/Belfort.) And if he wasn't leg kicking you, he was doing other crazy shit. That flying M. Bison-style tornado death stomp he hit Belfort with (twice!) was hilarious, ingenious, and amazingly effective all at once.

God I miss Sakuraba. Prime Sakuraba. The guy was one in a million.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Dec 2 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 195

QUOTE (Warlord @ Dec 2 2010, 02:59 AM) *
I think we agree on Anderson Silva's over-rated ass, though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As for Penn, off of pure talent there are few fighters, if any, that can really compare. From that standpoint he always merits discussion. Career-wise he's just been such a huge under-achiever, and a notoriously streaky fighter. He's still got time to catapult himself into the upper echelon of all-time greats, but I just don't think he's there yet, and the clock is ticking.

And now to get wildly off topic, prime for prime, I think Sakuraba toys with Anderson Silva and submits him. Anderson has never shown the ability to deal with unorthodox fighters, and his takedown defense is garbage. Sakuraba has some of the best takedowns in MMA history, and he knew what to do from every position. Sakuraba in top position would be Anderson's death knell. He'd get arm-barred or knee-barred.

Fighters in the UFC today still don't have the raw natural talent that Sakuraba had. EVERY event you see some shit head doing the butt-scoot, or laying on his back throwing weak, shitty, half-hearted up-kicks. And their opponents have NO CLUE what to do. They're all like just standing over them and shit, trying to figure out what to do.

Sakuraba would leg kick those mother-fuckers to death. They'd be welted up in minutes, hobbling back to their corners in agony. (See Sakuraba/Belfort.) And if he wasn't leg kicking you, he was doing other crazy shit. That flying M. Bison-style tornado death stomp he hit Belfort with (twice!) was hilarious, ingenious, and amazingly effective all at once.

God I miss Sakuraba. Prime Sakuraba. The guy was one in a million.

Anderson silva is the most over hyped fighter in mma history. He is a very good fighter, but best all time??? Hell no. He hasnt ever had to fight anyone. a submission win over Dan Henderson is the only win on his record i would call a great win. he has alot of good wins though.

I dont wanna take anything away from thew guy, but just because a ufc put your ass on the cover and proclaims you the best ever to promote their product, doesnt make it so.

I agree Sakuraba in his prime was the most talented fighter i have ever seen, followed closely by BJ penn
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 10:53 PM