IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mosley vs Mora this weekend, Anyone buying the card?
Snoop
post Sep 14 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

While the main event is of WCB quality (if either of them had a belt), the rest of the card is pretty decent. I mean at least we've heard of the names right?

Saul Alvarez vs Carlos Baldomir

Victor Ortiz vs Vivian Harris (should be a funny one)

Antonio Escalante vs Daniel Ponce De Leon.

Dunno, it's like 4 WCB or B.A.D fights stacked back to back. Thinking about getting it. Anyone else?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 14 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 14 2010, 11:07 PM) *
While the main event is of WCB quality (if either of them had a belt), the rest of the card is pretty decent. I mean at least we've heard of the names right?

Saul Alvarez vs Carlos Baldomir

Victor Ortiz vs Vivian Harris (should be a funny one)

Antonio Escalante vs Daniel Ponce De Leon.

Dunno, it's like 4 WCB or B.A.D fights stacked back to back. Thinking about getting it. Anyone else?

I am not. I love Mosley and all, but Watching Mora is painful. I can see him frustrating Shane in an ugly fight, going off what I saw from Mosley against the WB. Plus I am actually going to attend my first MMA event in person, mixed amateur and pro. Should be fun to watch, local show. Sure expect to see some funny scrub fights.

I look forward to seeing how this fight unfolds though. Wonder if Shane does better with the extra weight on and spending more time with Naz?

This post has been edited by Lil-lightsout: Sep 14 2010, 10:19 PM

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 15 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #3

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

No doubt I'll be ordering it, unless something unforeseen comes up.

I'm hoping this is a trend.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 15 2010, 03:29 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

I'm getting it purely for Saul Alvarez. Gotta love a red headed Mexican (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like his style as well. A bit heavy footed, still somewhat crude, but for someone so young a lot of composure under pressure and kid looks like he just loves to fight.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Sep 15 2010, 06:03 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

I like Saul Alvarez as well and will probably end up ordering it just to see him destroy Baldomir. Harris-Ortiz should also be worth watching.

That said, this is not anywhere close to PPV worthy and I might end up going to a bar to see it on principle. I hate the idea of Mora getting a penny of my money - or Golden Boy for that matter.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 15 2010, 06:07 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (salvador @ Sep 15 2010, 07:03 AM) *
I like Saul Alvarez as well and will probably end up ordering it just to see him destroy Baldomir. Harris-Ortiz should also be worth watching.

That said, this is not anywhere close to PPV worthy and I might end up going to a bar to see it on principle. I hate the idea of Mora getting a penny of my money - or Golden Boy for that matter.

Saul is the man and I will be looking for him to make a statment by stopping the rugged Baldomir. Yes Baldy has been shipped around the world and half way back but if Saul can get the KO I think he really announces himself on the scene.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Sep 15 2010, 07:08 AM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Saul is a future P4P..I think he's going to UD Baldomir in a pretty rough fight. Its gonna be a good card overall!

I expect Mosley to win a close decision over Mora in a ugly fight

+Quote Post
salvador
post Sep 15 2010, 07:14 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 15 2010, 07:08 AM) *
Saul is a future P4P..I think he's going to UD Baldomir in a pretty rough fight. Its gonna be a good card overall!

Expect Mosley to win a close decision over Mora in a ugly fight

Saul will ko Baldomir - take it to the bank. Saul will be willing to stand toe to toe with Baldomir until Baldomir falls down. Baldomir has no head movement and is now 39. This is Goldenboy's way of showcasing their next big star.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 15 2010, 09:43 AM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Harris looks to be in great shape. His problem is his chin IMO. He can crack so maybe he has an opportunity early on to hurt Ortiz? But my head tells me Victor will stop him early.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 15 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #10

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 15 2010, 02:43 PM) *
Harris looks to be in great shape. His problem is his chin IMO. He can crack so maybe he has an opportunity early on to hurt Ortiz? But my head tells me Victor will stop him early.

Harris always fumbles when the pressure is on, but then Ortiz folded as well. I think this one should be interesting and possibly comical.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:49 PM