IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV:Mosley vs. Mora@6PM(PT),8PM(CT),9PM(ET) SPOILERS-15 Minutes Later, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Method
post Sep 19 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #181

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 19 2010, 12:03 AM) *
Later dudes, there's a white hot topaz eyed blonde calling from the bedroom.

That's not racist is it, Snoop?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD
post Sep 19 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #182

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 19 2010, 08:41 AM) *
Mora should have his boxing license REVOKED, and anyone "impressed" with his performance or waling away from last night thinking, "Mora is better than I thought" should be neutered.

I'm not saying Shane laid on a lopsided ass whupin - he didn't. But he deserved a W if for NO other reason than he tried to make a fight. The "snake" is a fucking fake.

Was HBO sucking WAY too much Mosley cock (specifically Lampley)? Absofuckinglutely. I have NO idea where it was all coming from, but they were all over his nuts. In one of the later rounds, Lampley got all poetic like he was eulogizing William Wallace. I was like, "huh"?

For Mora to get up on the mic post fight and say he thought he won by at LEAST 2 rounds is fucking perplexing, especially given his corner was all in his ass telling him he had basically lost the fight. Maybe that's fitting of the "Snake" nickname...fucking liar. Dude flat out said "I didnt believe my corner". Real good. No faith in your corner?

At the end of the day, Larry Merchant wrapped it up perfectly, "I have no desire to ever see Sergio Mora in the ring again". His performance last night was borderline Morrade Hakkar.

I cannot imagine HBO EVER putting Mora on the airwaves again, unless GBP gives them no choice as part of a PPV undercard...but the chances are that they won't be able to because Mora will likely think he deserves better for reasons unbeknown to anyone with a brain.

Mosley needs to go away on his own accord.

+Quote Post
Method
post Sep 19 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #183

Yeah, JD. I dont want to see Mosley disappear as bad as you do, but at this point, you can't match him w a Sergio Mora type.

Mora is NOT going to be the proxy to decide how much left you REALLY have in the tank after that ass whuppin Floyd laid on Shane.

I wonder if HBO was hating on Mora because he turned down the oppty to fight HBO stable horse Jermain Taylor back in the day when HBO was trying to hype him up. Maybe the slight of turning down an oppty HBO handed to Mora in a shot at the undisputed middleweight champ still stings.

Shane SHOULD have pursued a rematch w Cotto, Marg, or a fight w Paq.

Shane is still a name (and talent), but this fight (opponent, really), slaughtered Shane's marketability (much like the Jones rematch did for Hopkins).

Now, if he REALLY wants to get a big fight, I sense he'll have to legitimately get in line and put on the hard hat and put on an impressive performance win over a interesting up and comer or a legit b-caliber opponent.

One thing I can never stand is how much of a "good guy" Shane is when he is post-fight interviewed after a bullshit decision. He pays too much respect. He did it to Cotto too. I guess its some "get back" after he was gifted the decision over DLH in their rematch.

I say make Shane/Berto.

+Quote Post
JD
post Sep 19 2010, 08:01 AM
Post #184

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

Yeah, maybe I am in the vast minority here, but I just have no desire to ever see him fight again. Aside from the fact that I think he is useless in there now, I hate to see Naaz wasting his time with this guy.

Mosley doesn't listen to him...ever...and those are valuable weeks in the gym that could be dedicated to someone who actually has a future in the sport and can improve under the tutelage of Richardson.

+Quote Post
Method
post Sep 19 2010, 08:08 AM
Post #185

QUOTE (JD @ Sep 19 2010, 09:01 AM) *
Yeah, maybe I am in the vast minority here, but I just have no desire to ever see him fight again. Aside from the fact that I think he is useless in there now, I hate to see Naaz wasting his time with this guy.

Mosley doesn't listen to him...ever...and those are valuable weeks in the gym that could be dedicated to someone who actually has a future in the sport and can improve under the tutelage of Richardson.

Cant argue at all with you there. I'd much rather see Naaz in there w Rock Allen at this point than in-one-ear-out-the-other Mosley. I don't blame Naaz fro trying to get paid, but I also honestly think Naaz feels some sense of responsibility in shepherding guys like Shane, etc in the twilight of their careers. Remember, Naazim was around when all these guys were ams, so maybe that's why he does it, but you're right, its frustrating to see Naaz wasting his time with Mosley.

At the end of the day, as long as it aint PPV, I have no problem w Shane on HBO, and no prob w PPV if its a good match up.

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post Sep 19 2010, 08:56 AM
Post #186

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Didn't even see the fight ,but from what I'm reading it seems like Mora is FH's new enemy #1.

If Mosley did look lackluster last night then it's good for him. Maybe now people will fight him.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 19 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #187

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (The CEO @ Sep 18 2010, 11:13 PM) *
The FightHype Hate Dump

Sergio Mora: JonnyBlaze, snoopnick, STEVENSKI, The C.E.O., Big Slim, Lil-lightsout, hardhead, Spyder, rusty_trombone, 3King3, stateofthegame, biggeorge89
Shane Mosley: JD?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I got a well digested new york and ribeye ready to dump on Mora right now.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 19 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #188

Middleweight

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Sep 18 2010, 11:55 PM) *
Wow, I guess I was the only one entertained by the last six rounds of that fight. The first six were pretty boring, but they traded some good shots in the last half of the fight. Lampley was just atrocious tonight. That man has no right calling a professional fighter pathetic, when he wouldn't last 10 seconds with a decent 15 year old amateur. He needs to STFU, and just call the fight as is. His rant at the end of the fight sounded like a 16 year old girl not getting her way. It's not like Shane was landing much in there, or being all that more entertaining. In fact, there was more than one instance where Mosley was holding as well as Mora. I understand that HBO might not like all fighters, but their jobs are to call the fight. It's just wonderful when people pay 50 bucks to watch the fight only to have the announcers trash one of the fighters for 12 rounds.

I scored the fight 115-113 Mosley. I gave Mora rounds 1,4,7,10, and 11. I thought 11 was closer than people though, and was impressed with the work Mora did on the inside that round. He also landed some nice rights that round as well. Round one he just controlled the fight with his movement, and Mosley couldn't do anything really. There were some close rounds in the first six as well, as it was an ugly fight for those rounds. I may be crazy, but I felt the fight was solid for the last six rounds. Mosley kept pushing forward, but Mora was cracking him with some nice uppercuts and rights.

Good post.

I had it 6-4-2 Mosley. SSM won IMO largely on aggression alone. Honestly, he was there to be had from the 5th or 6th on but Mora refused to get busy enough to take it.

I've been rehashing the fight:Mora's refusal to fight, Mosley's inability to do any damage, questionable advice from Mora's corner, Mora suggesting after the fight that he gave Mosley a pass, Mosley not upset about the draw.

I hate the stench of a fixed fight on Sunday morning.

This sets up for a young lion going in with what I consider a largely shot Mosley. It sets up for an in house Mora v Alvarez fight. If Mosley would have lost his value would have gone to chump change. If he would have won, nobody would want to fight him. Now he looks vulnerable but also has been positioned as the ripped off old great who deserves a shot at making things right. Still very marketable.

If Mora had lost, his value as a set up man would have diminished. IMO, Mora was convinced by the money men to carry SSM to a close decision (that he was told would go his way) and he got burned.

Mora is the tragic character in this situation. He foolishly carries SSM (basically under orders). In order to do so he ruins any positive image he had with the boxing fans (especially the Mexicans). His personal market value has been seriously (almost mortally) damaged.

Mora needs to dump his corner team. They are owned by GBP. Last night I stated that I would never watch another Mora fight. I take that back. I think that circumstances have created a situation where Mora may well be The Latin Snake in the grass. But, he needs to man up and take control of his own career. He needs to stop taking orders and start taking charge.

Or, he can take another half-assed payday v Alvarez and follow orders to lose.

Mosley is now setup for a good payday v someone like Angulo, but he is likely to take a severe ass whoopin'.

In conclusion; I feel I received my money's worth last night, but . . .

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Sep 19 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #189

Middleweight

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 19 2010, 06:33 AM) *
I haven't caught the fight - was Shane bad or was it a clash of styles? Would the younger Shane been able to finish it?

Does this detract from the Mosley Mayweather's win?

Bad.

Yes.

Yes.

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Sep 19 2010, 10:45 AM
Post #190

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 128

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 19 2010, 08:41 AM) *
Mora should have his boxing license REVOKED, and anyone "impressed" with his performance or waling away from last night thinking, "Mora is better than I thought" should be neutered.

I'm not saying Shane laid on a lopsided ass whupin - he didn't. But he deserved a W if for NO other reason than he tried to make a fight. The "snake" is a fucking fake.

Was HBO sucking WAY too much Mosley cock (specifically Lampley)? Absofuckinglutely. I have NO idea where it was all coming from, but they were all over his nuts. In one of the later rounds, Lampley got all poetic like he was eulogizing William Wallace. I was like, "huh"?

For Mora to get up on the mic post fight and say he thought he won by at LEAST 2 rounds is fucking perplexing, especially given his corner was all in his ass telling him he had basically lost the fight. Maybe that's fitting of the "Snake" nickname...fucking liar. Dude flat out said "I didnt believe my corner". Real good. No faith in your corner?

At the end of the day, Larry Merchant wrapped it up perfectly, "I have no desire to ever see Sergio Mora in the ring again". His performance last night was borderline Morrade Hakkar.

This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel towards "The Latin Snake" .....guy flat out annoys me....I'd rather watch Kevin Johnson vs klitschko replays all day with my eyes taped open confined to a chair.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:37 AM