Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Talk about Sonnen?
King Eugene
post Sep 21 2010, 06:01 AM
Post #1

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

I'm not a MMA junkie but rarely miss a big fight, especially the PPV events but I'm surprised at the lack of chatter about the news of Sonnen testing positive for PED's against Silva. I think it was more of styles that gave him the advantage but if this was boxing he would be all over the internet(unless I'm just not paying attention).

Anyway how much does this tarnish the performance he put together for 4.5 rounds?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Sep 21 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

I was gonna post about this yesterday but forgot.

Being the big talker that he is im very curious to hear what Sonnen has to say about it.

Found this kinda funny.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Where...el-Sonnen-27014

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Sep 21 2010, 09:26 AM

+Quote Post
thehype
post Sep 21 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #3

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Actually, the news HAS been all over the internet.

I personally didn't write anything about it though because I feel like I've wasted enough valuable exposure on his sorry ass.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Sep 21 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

He popped all that shit and come to find out he's a fucking cheat. Yeah this tarnishes what would have been a Rocky like performance. Fuck Sonnen and every other cheating fuck out there.

+Quote Post
Hittman25
post Sep 21 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #5

Flyweight

Member No.: 10,662

chael sonnen could have gotten a rematch in the next couple of fights but now bye bye

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 23 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

I haven't commented yet because all the details haven't surfaced.

1.) It was reported that Sonnen tested positive for a "natural steroid" and not an "anabolic steroid." Not sure where things stand now, but if Sonnen did indeed test positive for a natural steroid, it could be anything from flu medicine (ala Roy Jones Jr.) to any range of supplements found at your local GNC store.

2.) Sonnen told the commission himself, BEFORE the fight, that his blood-work might test positive. And they still let the fight continue. Which means Sonnen may indeed have a legitimate medical reason for having whatever he had present in his system.

3.) Sonnen hasn't said much on the subject, except that he will appeal his suspension and fine.

All in all, things are far from cut and dry, and there's a ton of different variables at play here. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how things play out before crucifying him.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Sep 23 2010, 02:34 AM
Post #7

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 23 2010, 01:45 AM) *
I haven't commented yet because all the details haven't surfaced.

1.) It was reported that Sonnen tested positive for a "natural steroid" and not an "anabolic steroid." Not sure where things stand now, but if Sonnen did indeed test positive for a natural steroid, it could be anything from flu medicine (ala Roy Jones Jr.) to any range of supplements found at your local GNC store.

2.) Sonnen told the commission himself, BEFORE the fight, that his blood-work might test positive. And they still let the fight continue. Which means Sonnen may indeed have a legitimate medical reason for having whatever he had present in his system.

3.) Sonnen hasn't said much on the subject, except that he will appeal his suspension and fine.

All in all, things are far from cut and dry, and there's a ton of different variables at play here. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how things play out before crucifying him.

Thanks for the clarification.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 18 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Update on the Sonnen situation. If this is true, Sonnen should come out of this situation relatively unscathed.

http://cagepages.com/2010/11/18/chael-sonn...-return-by-feb/

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 19 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

What i find wierd is how Sonnen hasn't even tried to respond publicly. Sonnen is a talker, a sneaky lil f*ck i just find it strange that he isn't talking.

I don't buy it Sonnen is figuring a way out if this he doesn't want to open his mouth and f*ck it up thats why the he's staying very quite right now.

This post has been edited by kidbazooka1: Nov 19 2010, 10:57 AM

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 19 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 19 2010, 11:55 AM) *
What i find wierd is how Sonnen hasn't even tried to respond publicly. Sonnen is a talker, a sneaky lil f*ck i just find it strange that he isn't talking.

I don't buy it Sonnen is figuring a way out if this he doesn't want to open his mouth and f*ck it up thats why the he's staying very quite right now.

I don't know, I think Sonnen has been quiet because he was probably advised to. But when you've got the president of the company, Dana White, vouching for you early on then I think maybe it is safe to assume there is more to the story. Dana has never had a problem in the past blasting fighters (Sherk, Franca, Leben) caught doing roids in the past. Why would he start with Sonnen?

The story seems legit to me.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:47 AM