> Oscar De La Hoya and the future of Boxing, and more
JLUVBABY
post Sep 28 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #11

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 28 2010, 06:19 PM) *
Can't say they're ruining boxing, they're just another promoter.

Oscar tries to play the "I'm a fighter, I just want to help other fighters" card too much when it just isn't so. You're a dodgy promoter just like King and Arum, if you weren't you wouldn't be where you're today. "Honest" promoters don't hand people a bag of money to get them to sign with you just like the "caring" promoter doesn't make a shit fight into a PPV. If they were more honest about their intentions I wouldn't mind them so much.

heres the deal tho... and its worked for years... if promoters think a fight like mora vs mosley will sell on ppv they are going to do it... honestly had i known hbo latino was gonna replay the last two fights idda waited...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 28 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #12

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 28 2010, 07:56 PM) *
heres the deal tho... and its worked for years... if promoters think a fight like mora vs mosley will sell on ppv they are going to do it... honestly had i known hbo latino was gonna replay the last two fights idda waited...

It contradicts Oscar's statements in the interview though, and there's a big difference between talking about it and doing it. It really just shows he's no better than King and Arum despite acting as if he's "better" than them.

What's really funny is I've only seen HBO Latino replay the fight LOL.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:42 AM